Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• steveko89steveko89 Member Posts: 1,614 Member Member Posts: 1,614 Member
    GaryRuns wrote: »
    Where did you get your lean mass number from over that much time @steveko89? You haven't had a Skulpt for that long have you? That's really cool.

@GaryRuns , I've got skulpt data back to 2015; I bought a v1 used on ebay after learning about its existence. Having an active user profile led to being a part of the beta test while the v2 and app enhancements were being developed (mid 2016). The app has kept all my data going all the way back to the original. IIRC, the v1 was called the "AIM" and the v2 is the "Chisel". The sensors are the same between the two but the original was slightly thicker, a different rubber coating on the sensor side and an on-board screen you could use in lieu of the app. The screen (which murdered the battery life) was deemed unnecessary as smart phones became so much more ubiquitous.
    edited June 12
  • darksideofthetoondarksideofthetoon Member Posts: 56 Member Member Posts: 56 Member
    Yes, I’m doing IF and a bit more walking to help cut about 6/7 lbs after a bulk. I’m a hard gainer so didn’t gain huge amounts over the last few months but a decent amount and now looking forward to leaning down a bit and saying hello to those abs!

• pitbullpuppypitbullpuppy Member Posts: 117 Member Member Posts: 117 Member
    How much cardio do yall do when you're cutting and in what form? I dragged my stairclimber in and I'm spent in 10 minutes. lol
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 26,876 Member Member Posts: 26,876 Member
    How much cardio do yall do when you're cutting and in what form? I dragged my stairclimber in and I'm spent in 10 minutes. lol

Right now my coach is killing me with three 30 minute MISS, and two 15 minute HIIT a week. But I’m trying to cut like crazy for a competition.

If you’re not on a timeline, do as much as you prefer for cardiovascular health.
  • sardelsasardelsa Member Posts: 9,315 Member Member Posts: 9,315 Member

It really depends on what I am working with. Normally maybe 1-2x per week, 15-20 min moderate intensity. Nothing too strenuous.
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 10,618 Member Member Posts: 10,618 Member

15m x 5 days/week of HIIT...

And I never thought I'd say that lol... I was a runner until my knees just couldn't do it anymore
  • sardelsasardelsa Member Posts: 9,315 Member Member Posts: 9,315 Member

And I never thought I'd say that lol... I was a runner until my knees just couldn't do it anymore

Eeee how do you lift with all that!?? :o
  • Mr_Healthy_HabitsMr_Healthy_Habits Member Posts: 10,618 Member Member Posts: 10,618 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

Eeee how do you lift with all that!?? :o

Its just 15min per day, 5x/week... On that bowflex max Trainer thingy... I shoot for about 300 calories or so on it...

I usually lift for 30-45min, then I jump right on the machine, then race off to work 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • cupcakesandproteinshakescupcakesandproteinshakes Member Posts: 767 Member Member Posts: 767 Member

Before the gyms shut I was doing a couple of spin classes a week and an hour or so of dance. Usually after lifting. No hit because I hate it. Now I’m mainly walking.
  • KayakerJoeKayakerJoe Member, Premium Posts: 49 Member Member, Premium Posts: 49 Member
    I’m trying to cut but it’s taking time!

I Bulked to 205 (I’m 185 tall) and down to 195, so a loss of 10 pounds over 8 weeks.

That seem right?

404020 1800cals a day workout 4 days (weights) and do some kayaking 2/3 days a week.
  • KHMcGKHMcG Member Posts: 570 Member Member Posts: 570 Member
    For me... 2 sessions jump rope or 3 sessions swimming per week. Jump rope is way more intense. Try to walk daily.
    Does mowing the yard once a week count?

Edit for a rebrand: wheeled sled push, variable terrain
    edited June 16
  • jseams1234jseams1234 Member Posts: 1,184 Member Member Posts: 1,184 Member
    California, San Mateo county just got certified to move into phase 3!

My gym should open soon. I’m scared to see how far I’ve slid... but excited to get back into it. :smile:
    edited June 18
    June has been pretty decent, down 2lbs on average weight and down to 11.7% BF via Skulpt yesterday morning (11.9 on 6/1).

lborruzaqdzt.png
  • dbanks80dbanks80 Member Posts: 3,584 Member Member Posts: 3,584 Member
    Did anyone else lose Muscle Mass since the quarantine? I lost 5.9 lbs. My gym just opened this week. It was shocking to see and I know I can get it back but it sucks to lose it after all the hard work I put in!! :/
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Did anyone else lose Muscle Mass since the quarantine? I lost 5.9 lbs. My gym just opened this week. It was shocking to see and I know I can get it back but it sucks to lose it after all the hard work I put in!! :/

Lost muscle is more easily regained than built initially. Depending on methodology, take body fat assessment with a grain of salt. Some devices used by gyms are dubious at best.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 26,876 Member Member Posts: 26,876 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »

Lost muscle is more easily regained than built initially. Depending on methodology, take body fat assessment with a grain of salt. Some devices used by gyms are dubious at best.

I agree with @steveko89. My first thought was "I bet you haven't lost that much," @dbanks80. How did they measure your muscle mass?
  • dbanks80dbanks80 Member Posts: 3,584 Member Member Posts: 3,584 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »

I agree with @steveko89. My first thought was "I bet you haven't lost that much," @dbanks80. How did they measure your muscle mass?

On that In-Body Analysis machine. Like my BF went up and MM went down.

Which is interesting because when I lift I still have the strength. Granted my muscles are SORE as HECK!
    edited July 2