Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 26,944 Member Member Posts: 26,944 Member
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Gyms opening in the 25th in the uk.
    So just starting a 2 week mini cut and then
    See what shows are still going ahead this year

How long were they closed in total? Mine was only closed for the month of April (Idaho, USA), and I'm so thankful.

Think it was the 18th of March my gym shut
    So will be over 4 months

Whew. That sucks big time.

Not sure what it’s like in the USA
    But I’ve apparently got to book time slots in advance 🙄

We did for awhile, but we’re past that now, too.
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,493 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,493 MFP Moderator
    In Virginia we opened in June with 25% capacity and since July 1st, we are now allowed to do 75% capacity but require 6 feet separation and limited equipment
  • watts6151watts6151 Member, Premium Posts: 676 Member Member, Premium Posts: 676 Member
    Just not looking forward to training in a mask at my gym, it’s always like a sauna in summer, asbestos roof, no windows, just a couple if fans 🥵
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 26,944 Member Member Posts: 26,944 Member
    Just not looking forward to training in a mask at my gym, it’s always like a sauna in summer, asbestos roof, no windows, just a couple if fans 🥵

I found these really light, breathable masks on ETSY that aren’t too bad. I tried three different types first, though. 😂
  • joedangerclose00joedangerclose00 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    I just finished my bulk up to 265, I’m looking to get down to 220, then maintain or recomp. I’ve started my cut and I’m usually under my recommended cals by 1,000. High protein, fat and lower carbs. But I’m cycling while maintaining my deficit. s9d3dmbb3jax.jpeg
  • sheena_shewellsheena_shewell Member Posts: 43 Member Member Posts: 43 Member
    Hey hun have just done a month long bulk and now entering my first cut cycle. I'm a newbie lol. I'm currently carb cycling so high carb days on my workout days and low carb high fat and protein on my non workout days. Will be following this thread!
  • sardelsasardelsa Member Posts: 9,462 Member Member Posts: 9,462 Member
    Started a slight deficit this week, well I think I'm in a deficit I cut down my evening dessert :p
  • steveko89steveko89 Member Posts: 1,653 Member Member Posts: 1,653 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Started a slight deficit this week, well I think I'm in a deficit I cut down my evening dessert :p

How's your new workout program thus far?
    steveko89 wrote: »

How's your new workout program thus far?

So far so good thanks! I just did one day so it's hard to tell. It's more of a tester week where I play around with numbers on the different exercises so it's not too hardcore yet!
  • psuLemonpsuLemon Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,493 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 36,493 MFP Moderator
    There is a solid chance that I am going to revert back to a flexible dieting lifestyle for the time going. With my birthday in a week (which i will be at the beach) and trying to recover from my back issues and having to refinish my whole master bath (thank you mold), i just don't feel i can put in the full effort for Keto. And most importantly i am craving more fruit!!
    edited July 14
    psuLemon wrote: »
    There is a solid chance that I am going to revert back to a flexible dieting lifestyle for the time going. With my birthday in a week (which i will be at the beach) and trying to recover from my back issues and having to refinish my whole master bath (thank you mold), i just don't feel i can put in the full effort for Keto. And most importantly i am craving more fruit!!

That sounds like a good plan! Have a great Birthday :)
  • steveko89steveko89 Member Posts: 1,653 Member Member Posts: 1,653 Member
    We had cheesecake for dessert last night so I was surprised when I weighed in at 171.2 this morning; first time that low since March 2018. I wanted to do a skulpt scan but got up a little too late; it would've either crept into my workout or had me getting to the office late and I have my annual performance review tomorrow so I opted to skip it.

For the fellow data nerds on the thread, one more week and I'll have three full years of daily weight, logging, and TDEE numbers.
    edited July 15
    We had cheesecake for dessert last night so I was surprised when I weighed in at 171.2 this morning; first time that low since March 2018. I wanted to do a skulpt scan but got up a little too late; it would've either crept into my workout or had me getting to the office late and I have my annual performance review tomorrow so I opted to skip it.

For the fellow data nerds on the thread, one more week and I'll have three full years of daily weight, logging, and TDEE numbers.

Oh wow that's wild how much data you have! :o
  • watts6151watts6151 Member, Premium Posts: 676 Member Member, Premium Posts: 676 Member

Think I’m becoming a data nerd
    9 more days and I’ll have 4 years of logging and a very ball park of my TDEE.
    All training sessions logged
    Oh wow I feel left out now I haven't used my food diary in years I just eat and hope for the best :D
  • KHMcGKHMcG Member Posts: 685 Member Member Posts: 685 Member
    I want so bad to stop logging but now there are a few guys watching my diary for pointers. I want to stop logging....
    KHMcG wrote: »
    I want so bad to stop logging but now there are a few guys watching my diary for pointers. I want to stop logging....

Maybe you could give them pointers using past logs or tips to eat without logging yourself? I duno.
  • KHMcGKHMcG Member Posts: 685 Member Member Posts: 685 Member
    Oh I forgot to share a progress photo from my recomp. About 5.5 months between photos. Not the greatest photos, also results aren't as apparent as eating in a deficit but I lost about 1" off my waist, it's tighter and more defined, also my loose skin from pregnancy is tightening up. And my glutes are rounder and hellloooo quads :o . If anyone wants more quads definitely incorporate Zercher/front squats, yikes! :s

s89ceexzez7f.jpg

Wow
    Researched Zercher squat. Gonna try it with dumbbell.
    edited July 15
  • AmbitiousButRubbishAmbitiousButRubbish Member Posts: 240 Member Member Posts: 240 Member
    Oh I forgot to share a progress photo from my recomp. About 5.5 months between photos. Not the greatest photos, also results aren't as apparent as eating in a deficit but I lost about 1" off my waist, it's tighter and more defined, also my loose skin from pregnancy is tightening up. And my glutes are rounder and hellloooo quads :o . If anyone wants more quads definitely incorporate Zercher/front squats, yikes! :s

s89ceexzez7f.jpg

Incredible