So, how did I lose the 225 pounds?

Options

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Very, very amazing!! This is the exact same realization I came too. Good job!!!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think that you are right on in what works. It is a lifestyle change because going on a diet means you have to go off it. When you make a lifestyle change it is for life and not for an extended time. And you have to do what works for you. You did great. Continued success in all the things that are ahead for you. Here is to a healthy new you! Cheers!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation, your hard work and willingness to change allowed many wonderful new experiences with your family and hopefully a longer life to enjoy them. Job Well Done.
  • dlcshow
    dlcshow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story/ congrats on taking your life back
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You finally put into words the key elements in maintaining weight loss. Anyone can lose weight but how do you maintain it.. This is fantastic!
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    being stronger and getting better at what I do motivates me plus....I never wanna be over even 200 ever again....no where near the old me at 350!!! amazing work man!! amazing!!!
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! And one that strikes many chords with me. OA, WW, etc. Been there, done that, not for me. This has been the first time in YEARS that I've stuck to something. I'm only at the beginning, but I'm heading in the right direction. And stories like yours motivate me.

But what REALLY motivates me? My son. He is 1, and his Mommy and Daddy are VASTLY overweight and VASTLY low in energy for keeping up with a toddler. I want him to have active, healthy, engaging parents. So, we're on the path to that goal.

Thanks for sharing!
  • becomingtherealme
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!! That's some awesome results! So happy for you and your new found freedom. CONGRATS!
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time and share your story. Part of my motives in joining MFP is to be inspired by people just like you, so thank you for being inspirational. Bump.
  • nnelson33
    nnelson33 Posts: 101
    Options
    WOW! Thank you so much for posting! I have been in a bit of a bad place mentally recently/getting down on myself about bad eating habits. Your story was so motivating and reminded me of why I started this journey in the first place. You look absolutely fantastic! Keep up the great work :)
  • wilburdonovan91
    wilburdonovan91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very Inspiring mate. Keep it up
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Amazing (:
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yours is a great story of a person finally taking responsibility for himself. In the end this is what it comes down to - we can try every slimming club there is but until we decide for ourselves that we alone are going to be responsible for what we put into our mouths and what exercise we are going to give our bodies ..then we will never truly be life long successful. One of the main motivations for myself was the realisation that at my age - mid fifties - there was the huge potential that I could become sick and maybe even need care later on in life ... I did not want to put my husband or especially my daughter through this - I want her to enjoy her life - all of it - and not be restricted by having to care for a sick mum. The other motivation was that I wanted to do it for me ... so that I could enjoy the rest of my life in relatively good health. So here I am on my course - getting slimmer yes - more importantly getting fitter and healthier and enjoying every minute of it.
  • louisemallas
    louisemallas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done - what an inspiration to us all!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well done sir. Your "anything is better than nothing" message is one that I wish could be spread throughout the country, the world even. Unfortunately the people that most need that message aren't visiting a forum such as this.
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey with us...it is really helpful to read what makes people so successful. I'm so happy for you..you have your life back and you're living it to the fullest.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    very inspiring and thank you for sharing - you look wonderful! you are so right - we all have to find that *inner motivation* and keep on going.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That's amazing well done, this is a great inspiration!
  • ppdes
    ppdes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring.
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Well done in personalizing this weight loss journey for yourself and finding what works for you. I think that is a real key!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!