So, how did I lose the 225 pounds?

Options

Replies

• mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great inspiration you are! You did all the right things by figuring out what would work long term for you!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    One of the main motivations for myself was the realization that at my age - mid fifties - there was the huge potential that I could become sick and maybe even need care later on in life ...

The other motivation was that I wanted to do it for me ... so that I could enjoy the rest of my life in relatively good health. So here I am on my course - getting slimmer yes - more importantly getting fitter and healthier and enjoying every minute of it.

I agree with these motivations. Congratulations on all your hard work!
    I want to have another 30 years of health and usefulness.
    "Thin and fit by age 60!"
    That's two years away, and I can do it.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, your dedication and commitment to both yourself and your family has shown what is possible. A true inspiration :smile:
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing story off your life and you family now have a fun filled life thats great
    my motivation is my hubby he was 19st 11lbs and is now 13st 11bs he as made me realize let people make fun of me in the swimming pool or when im walking but im the one trying hard to lose the weight and get my freedom my life back
    thanks for writing this today its given me strength x x
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Great story and great job! Our motivations are very similar. I would add that stories like yours and my MFP freinds also motivate me.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You have helped a lot of people today with your story. Thank you so much for sharing and enjoy your new life!
  • tavinsmom
    tavinsmom Posts: 101
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! I tried so many as well (Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Tops) nothing really worked for me because they just weren't the right fit. I knew how to eat, I just wasn't doing it.

I finally decided I needed to be healthy and a good example for my son, and started really counting calories and found an exercise I love, that has made such a difference. I truly feel my son deserves a mom who is healthy and around to watch him grow up.

This is the first time I feel a difference, I'm losing it and it's coming off slowl, but it's staying off.
  • kpick41
    kpick41 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great story.
    There are no quick fixes. Just eating healthy, exercising, and hard work! Kudos to you!
  • wormstrup14
    Options
    amazing job, and wonderful advice. Congratulations on your success.
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness!! such an amazing and inspiring story..congratulations you look great!!!!
  • Archanasatyam
    Archanasatyam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    amazing amazing story dear.. i wish u well for your upcoming rocking days
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes from reading that amazing story. I am so inspired by your dedication to a healthier life style.

People like you motivate me to get off my backside and lose weight.

I have 20kg to lose which is roughly 40lbs.

Thanku so much :smile:
  • _chelseadawn
    _chelseadawn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Congratulations on getting your life back.

I think that's a great thing to ask ourselves, "what do I want?" "why do I want it?" "how am I going to get it?".

I made a list of all of the reasons I am doing this. Some reasons people probably think are a little silly but they work for me and that's all that matters. I want to be my pre-pregnancy weight again, I want to play with my son and not feel tired, I want to be fit, I want to feel good when I go places, I don't want pimples I'm not a teenager anymore, I want to relax (with strategies such as yoga), I want to be able to buy the pretty bras that they don't have in my larger size, I want my partner to look at me and say I look like I used to and that he likes it, so so many more things... I also set myself a reward when I get to my goal and some smaller goals throughout my progress. One being a tattoo for my son.
  • need2shrink
    need2shrink Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great story and advice, thank you for sharing!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! You're absolutely right too - it's all about finding out what works for you and having some sort of motivation.

My motivation is my two kids, and like you said - I wanted to not be a prisoner in my own home due to my size.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great job, Your son has an awesome dad!! Your wife is blessed! I know a lot of so called fathers that wouldn't go out of their way for their kids and what you have done we all know was not easy . Thanks for sharing.
  • pdehoog
    pdehoog Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Inspirational story, sir! Congratulations on a job well done and hopefully I will reach the same target :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Wonderful achievement!
    Inspirational, motivational and something that others can emulate and succeed with!

Congratulations, and enjoy your new lifestyle and mobility!
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's great seeing what other's find motivating! Keep sharing!
  • Fisherdh13
    Fisherdh13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Hug your family for all of us out here. Thanks for summarizing it so well. Its an individual lifestyle change for each of us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!