Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome work, man! Losing weight is hard...that you were able to lose 225lbs makes you truly an inspiration. And you are right that finding the right motivation makes all the difference; I find when I concentrate on the non-superficial aspects of weight loss (i.e. better health, the ability to run faster, do more strenuous hikes, etc.) it is much easier to stick to it than when I'm only thinking about looking hot in a bikini. There's nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight and look hot but for me, it's just not powerful enough to keep me on track...might be totally different for someone else though.

Anyway, I am so glad you no longer feel a prisoner in your life because of your weight and are able to do the things you love with your family!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good job.

Did it take a while to lose the last few pounds ? I lost 202 pounds and now keep going up 5 pounds and then gradually losing it again for the last 4 months. I would like to go past the 202 and settle at around 207 pounds lost. It is all on my stomach.
  • mrdmevans
    mrdmevans Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good job.

Did it take a while to lose the last few pounds ? I lost 202 pounds and now keep going up 5 pounds and then gradually losing it again for the last 4 months. I would like to go past the 202 and settle at around 207 pounds lost. It is all on my stomach.

Thanks, the weight loss has slowed down tremendously and I will find myself hitting a plateau that will last a week or two. Im on one now. I typically up my calorie intake by a couple hundred calories for a few days and then drop back down. It seems to get me out of that rut. Good luck to you!!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Thank you for sharing it!! Great work!!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    WOW!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Your story is inspiring.

My family was my inspiration as well. New that if I did not change my lifestyle. I would be dead way to soon!

Kudos to you sir!
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Outstanding.

So great seeing all these success stories here!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    What INspiration Here!!! WOW...I love the break down and you look amazing!!!!
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    " I was imprisoned and in turn I was imprisoning the two people I love the most." That sentence struck a chord with me. I have never thought of it like that but it's so true isn't it?

Good job on the weight loss. You look fantastic :drinker:

It's the only way I could even think to describe it :) Good luck to you!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    what a beautiful story i am so happy for you!!!
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thank you for posting this sensible advice. I totally get this and agree 100%
  • kevin831
    kevin831 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing success story!! Congrats on hanging in there. What dedication. Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • noe117
    noe117 Posts: 18
    Options
    This is so wonderful and completely inspirational! My weight loss was also without gimmicks and special diets! Amazing life change! Congrats!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you :smile:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thank you!
  • mrdmevans
    Options
    I'm only at the beginning, but I'm heading in the right direction. And stories like yours motivate me.

But what REALLY motivates me? My son. He is 1, and his Mommy and Daddy are VASTLY overweight and VASTLY low in energy for keeping up with a toddler. I want him to have active, healthy, engaging parents. So, we're on the path to that goal.

Thanks for sharing!

Good luck to you! Keep heading in the right direction!!
  • Emmiee4269
    Emmiee4269 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great. Well done :)
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What a tremendous gift you've given yourself and your family. You look Just the thought of you enjoying an amusement park with your family lifts my spirits and brightens my day. Best wishes always!
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!