Less Alcohol- May 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Maybe take B vitamins--that helped me to finally not feel exhausted after a few months. I also had to take some iron. Since alcohol messes especially with B12 and Folic Acid and you need the B12 for iron processing, that is what I did.

Plus you will sleep better once your body feels better after not drinking.

Who knows how long it takes to repair organ damage......and I am sure it is done during sleep probably.

Hang in there. The rewards are worth it.

If you are having to eat sugar at times to compensate, that will affect your energy, too.

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think i told this story before but i thought about it today. I told my chiropractor a few months ago that I quit drinking. He said when he first got married, his wife liked to drink wine. He said he made a family rule with her that they will have no alcohol in their house, but if she wanted some wine he would take her out to have a drink. He said over the years, she actually didn't drink even when they went out.

The old me before January would have thought, he's a killjoy and she has a right to have wine in their house.
    The new me thought that he was wise. If someone has the propensity to drink, just having it in the house makes it way too easy. You drink a little more each day , each week, and then each year , we know drinking typical escalates as we grow older.

It's like having your favorite snack food in your cupboard. If it's there, you're just so tempted to eat it.
    Same with alcohol for me. I haven't bought any wine or vodka for the home since January 1st. Saved a lot of money.

Yep!!.. i really like that!!.. if i was 'boss' ;);) i rekcon id change it to be like that.. anything unhealthy to not have it on hand but have it only on outing / specisl occasions. I say that's a jolly good idea. B):)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    End of AF day2.. still not a sniff.. lol
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »

Good job! First three days are the hardest!
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »

Good job! First three days are the hardest!

<3 thanku.. im going to do it! :)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am day 11 AF. I have been dealing with boredom. TV seems boring without drinking and honestly, I do not know what to do with myself. This week my kids will be with their dad so I will have plenty of time to get bored. Trying to come up with things to do so I do not get too bored. Alcohol Experiment talked about willpower and boredom. I am doing okay on the willpower just bored. I am avoiding going out with friends as that always seems to involve alcohol. Will try working out post work.

I have the same issue with boredom. I knit or crochet while I watch tv, it slows my drinking way down. Of course, I can't drink when I'm working on a complicated project, so I start drinking later.
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and gals! I’m back and in for May! Just a tad late to the party! I did go two weeks in April AF and then bit the dust. Aiming for the rest of May AF minus this weekend. Happy Tuesday!
  • Alzzi76
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I woo'd you Erik, because I too thought it was positive like"woo hoo!" :)

The face doesnt say that... lol :D