May Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Sitting outside right now and a raccoon just walked right by me! Howdy neighbor!

I hope all the moms out there got some care from their kids as well as self care! Going to go call my mother now - we agreed to meet tomorrow for lunch instead of going to a crowded restaurant on the day itself. I haven't called earlier because she had a full day planned driving her carriage today.
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I just read, crocheted and relaxed
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    shfe2877 wrote: »
    Love all the ideas, so now I need to take action. This is my 1st day tracking my diet and it was great to see someone promote self-care/mental health. I believe stress is such a bully.
    welcome to My Fitness Pal! I’m happy you found this thread! So many great comments, i’m writing some down so i don’t forget to practice them myself!

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    May 14 - ordered a watercolor-doodling book & it arrived today. Spent 15-20 minutes thumbing through it - lovely!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Read today during lunch. Helped to quiet my mind
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk during lunch and after work. Picked up food for the kids instead of cooking tonight.
  • twyla77
    Options
    felt like sleeping in, so i slept in!
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Made lunches ahead yesterday evening and had plenty of time this morning to finish morning chores.And could lie in bed a few minutes longer.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    May 15 - took some time to visit some friends today! Got steps in & loved seeing them. Many commented on how good I look, which was fun!

Took a nice walk this evening listening to an interesting podcast — was really disappointed when my phone ran out of juice! Will do this from now on!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    May 16 - Drew & Painted 23 minutes!!!!! Off to do more! Finally, I did it!

This challenge is SO awesome!!! Thank you!!
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Set a date with an old friend (who lives out of town) to get together and I’ll stay at her place. We are both so busy with our families that we usually come last, so this is amazing for both of us! I can’t wait!
  • twyla77
    Options
    doing a hair mask right now!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Got a mani and pedi. But the place had on the news and it was one disturbing story after another. So, a lady asked them to change it. So, the switched channels to another news show. I take it they don't have cable:) Oh well. I still enjoyed my time.