May Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Today and yesterday my inlaws have been in town - no time for sleep, much less intentional self care! But they are fit healthy people and we went for a walk on the Greenline and saw a speckled king snake sunning itself.

Then went to a restaurant for dinner and they had live music - the worst live music ever. I was sitting with my back to the stage and at first thought three different people were warming up playing three different songs in three different keys, but it was actually a single completely tone deaf person singing and playing two instruments at the same time. I think we all had gradually dawning looks of disbelief on our faces. Finished up quickly and managed to get outside before collapsing with laughter. I strongly support live music and believe anyone brave enough to perform in public should be encouraged... but this dude, wow. MIL says, "He gave us a good laugh, bless his heart." Husband says, "I think it's the ultimate trick for a one man band to play like three different people... who have never met each other." I have left out details to protect his anonymity. Laughing so hard you cry isn't something you can arrange to do on purpose but it's a great form of self care to take unexpectedly bad experiences and see the humor in them!
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went for a walk in the back field with my dog. It was a beautiful morning just to be able to walk around the farm and to enjoy what you work for and be grateful for what we have. Walked for 50 min. got 2.5 miles in.
    Today I walked on the treadmill for 30min. for almost 2 miles in. It rained this morning so I decided to hit the treadmill. Plan on going fishing with my youngest son this afternoon.
    I hope everyone has a good day.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Gonna try and go for a walk today
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    Just like @JulieAL1969 My self-care today is organizational, which reduces the chatter in my brain ...
    1) Prepping vegetables so they are ready to go later today and the next couple of days (and so I know what I need to replenish)
    2) preparing bowls of cleaned leafy greens for quick grab salads the next few days
    3) laundry day
    4) organizing my ToDo list so I tackle most important 1-2 items each day M-F
    Reward: 20 minutes painting-doodling :)
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out 4 of 8 gardens today and had lots of time to reflect on what I want out of life, what I want to change and what I love just the way it is. I’m feeling peaceful, motivated, and focused going forward.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Went jogging and walking on a beautiful path in the woods. Cooked some things for my lunch this week. Just finished a 30 minutes meditation. All is well.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Worked out after work. Stopped to get a veggie juice at a new juice bar that opened. Cooked a simple chicken dinner and have my feet up relaxing.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Still here! I don't know how my in-laws do it, they are both seniors and they can run me into the ground. After our weekend they were driving 7 hrs back home where he had a work meeting and she had to give a presentation the same day! I'm an introvert and spending that much time with people, even people I love, wears me to a frazzle.

Saturday's self care was a nice long walk at the park, and Sunday's was taking a much-needed day of rest. I feel better today! I forgot to make my iced tea last night, so this morning's indulgence was hot tea with milk, which made me feel very British, so I kicked back, put my feet up, and watched the video of the royal wedding, which we were too busy to see this weekend. Got all sentimental about my own wedding, which will have been 25 years in August, and realized I have now lost enough weight that I could fit into my dress again! How cool is that?

Yes, the wedding was lovely and such an enjoyable few hours from reality. Awesome about fitting in your dress!!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Gym today. Felt good to get back into routine
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm taking my parents to the doctor. Hoping to get some me time this afternoon. And maybe I will stop by the salon to get my feet pampered. They need it after working in the garden yesterday barefooted.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Wow! so many good posts that i just caught up on! I went on a mini road trip with my best friend! exploring small towns in Montana is one of my favorite things to do, so we spent the long weekend doing just that!
    hzutbpjcpj3t.jpeg