May Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    so for may - so far - massage, yoga, good food - me time - could be more - but could be worst.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Great Post :) Joining late -- saying "no" and putting my son and I first ... for our own well being.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    6 km run yesterday, and a lot of walking.
    6 km walk this morning.

Tonight I'm going to a world record event for stargazing.

Australia is trying to get the most people ever stargazing (specifically tonight looking at the moon with telescopes or binoculars) at one time, between 8 and 9 pm tonight. There are gatherings all over the country. Going to be so cool!

That is so cool!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    May 22
    On impulse, I popped into a clothing boutique sure that nothing would fit. I bought my first “thin” dress, “thin” jacket, and “thin sweater.” The amazing thing was I had seen 2 of them in the window display & immediately thought, “No way.” And the dress was on a dress form- same thing - no way. They all fit perfectly & are beautiful.

I will now be able to be more ruthless with my very old, too large clothing. I may alter some of them that are still beloved & in good shape. I learned from someone who lost weight & has kept it off a long time that it helps if your new clothes really fit more snuggly. So, that’s my plan!

That's a lovely thing!
  • conatser9
    conatser9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I treated myself to lunch and had a pedicure. Today I have a lot to do. I have already been to the barn and feed and watered the chickens.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    I am exercising self care today w focus on my exercise. got up early and walked this morning. it felt great and really supports me in taking better care of myself through the day.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of time today for self care. But put lotion on my feet before bed and meditated as I was falling asleep.

Putting lotion on my feet before bed is seriously one of my favourite things! Doesn't take a lot of time, but for some reason it makes me so happy!
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I bought myself some flowers today :smile:
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Gonna do my favorite Zumba class and hopefully get chocolate and a bath today
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    Did something I've been wanting to do for weeks, but finally worked up the nerve to do. A few weeks ago I joined a soccer team - I've never played soccer in my life, but my coworker said it was fun, so I was like "why not!" and paid the fees to join the team. Turns out I hate soccer. I played 3 games, and could NOT BEAR THE THOUGHT of 6 more weeks of it - I dreaded each upcoming game all week, then stressed out while I was there because the other players are all so good and I was more detrimental to the team than helpful. I was taught to stick things out even if I don't like them because it's not good to "let people down", but then I thought "why am i making myself a grumpy stressed out person over an activity that is supposed to be fun?" so I quit! I gave a lot of notice before the next game, and supplied a list of subs that can take my place, and they still have my money which they can keep of course - as soon as I sent the email I felt a million pounds lighter!

Nice! Always good when you can say no to something you really don't want to do
  • pembersep
    pembersep Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me: I can't think of anything. I may have to go back and re-read this thread and update later. Coming home from work, I sometimes get that "freedom" feeling, like I can do anything at all now, anything from selling all of my belongings and flying to a remote island or playing a video game or lurking on MFP or finishing a crossword and what's left is indecision. There are too many choices.

I'm trying to frame my usual downtime activities as self-care but would rather choose something distinctly self-nurturing, so that it's a true challenge as per the thread. Am I making this too difficult? Yes. What can I say; I like my homework to be hard.
  • pembersep
    pembersep Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I should add, about liking homework to be difficult: I'm mostly speaking tongue-in-cheek! Regardless, self-care is a true challenge and thank you very much for participating in it with me. I haven't had a chance to thank everyone individually, but please know your ideas are really sticking with me (I'm grateful to all of you).