May Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    @twyla77
    This is such a great challenge/group...

Are you planning to continue this in June? I hope so!

Please let us know!!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @twyla77
    This is such a great challenge/group...

Are you planning to continue this in June? I hope so!

Please let us know!!

Yes, let’s do it again in June! i love reading all these ideas!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    No self care tonight but will meditate before bed soon. So, that's a little self care.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @twyla77 Congratulations on meeting your goal weight!!!

Delighted we will continue in June!! Thank you!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    May 17
    Painted for over 30 minutes ie lost track of time!!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    in the month of may I developed a new walking work out - in the am before work. I have been dedicated and it helps me to feel healthy and strong.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    walked the lake at lunchtime - bit of yoga and meditating outside. wonderfully centering.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Got to the gym today and it feels nice and clearing my head
  • gilesjennifer267
    gilesjennifer267 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @twyla77 I just found this and I think this is such an awesome idea! I hope it's alright if I join late!!
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    Lora2380 wrote: »
    I need this, I come last.... always... I’m going to do 30 days of yoga and meditation this month (done today’s!) and going to paint my toenails tonight.

I am the same way. I have been told by so many people that sometimes it is okay to be a little selfish, that we have to take care of ourselves to take care of others. Definitely something I need to work on!
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    I know I am late joining, but I have taken the past hour or so to try an find some friends here on MFP, a lady recommended I search forums and groups to find some people I things in common with and this is the fist thing I have come across. So, I am feeling blessed at the moment. I decided to take some timeto do something positive for myself and found this. I will be posting again tomorrow. What a lovely idea you have here!
  • gilesjennifer267
    Options
    Today I'm going to a therapist just to talk. I hold things inside and always have a smile on my face. And it will be nice to remove the mask and talk to someone impartial. Xo

I have been considering doing this as well. Maybe this can be my post on Monday. :smile:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    What a lovely thread!! I've enjoyed reading it all. Do you do this every month?

Today is Saturday here. I've done these things that made me feel positive today:
    • Walked to and walked/jogged parkrun (recovering from a 38 km run yesterday).
    • Gone for coffee with the parkrun gang, and helped with an IT problem.
    • Walked home a different way and took photos of the war memorials for a friend in the US who wanted to see them.
    • Mended my favourite black turtleneck jumper.
    • Finished a free 4-week online course I've been doing from The Open University called "The Science of Nutrition".
    • Put my name down for another 3-week course called "Brain and Behaviour - Regulating Body Weight" from Purdue University.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    May 18 - replenished groceries so I have yummy, healthy options this weekend & walked there & back, carrying the groceries!