May 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Cooler today and damp underfoot - the rain only stopped minutes before I headed out.

1 May: 11.64
    2 May: 6.0 + yoga
    3 May: 7.22
    4 May: Rest
    5 May: 6.6 + yoga
    6 May: 12.74

44.20 of 150km
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    4km today 7km for the month. Really nice weather for a run, a little windy though.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Made it to the hotel but forgot my race tining tatoo! Ugh.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

Chance for another one at the expo?
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Maybe but the expo is closed now I am pretty sure

• PastorVincent
    Options
    Looks like rain for race start so I bought some cheap black ponchos to wear at least till start running.

3kxmz1h5swgo.jpeg
  • Elise4270
    Options

Maybe but the expo is closed now I am pretty sure

Marker?
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270
    Group question.
    What's your cross training regimen? Goals? Actions??

Currently I run based on weather - polluted=no run, but I shoot for 3 runs a week. Then I bike to work maybe 3-4 days a week, also weather based, and lift every other day.

Bike rides are about 35 minutes one way so they stack up pretty quickly. Goal is mostly to get in some cardio when I don't have time for a run.

Lifting goals are simply to get some upper body and core strength, or maybe to pull myself out of a pit like @PastorVincent . Currently doing a variation of strongweights 5x5.

Thinking about taking up swimming, mostly because SO likes it but hates being in the pool alone. Got ear infections when I was a kid and haven't seen the inside of a pool since. We'll see.

Your goal of sneaking up on a triathlon sounds awesome!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I signed up for the marathon! If it looks like i can't do it in less than 5 hours I'll be switching to the half.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Another PB at parkrun this morning of 36:51 even though it was very warm. I took 1:51 off my previous best and I’m down nearly 4 minutes since Christmas Day.

I only wanted sub 38 today and somehow managed sub 37!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend

Did my first ever parkrun today had a great time. :0)

So awesome!!! Love it, @huntleigh3229 and @DawnBarstow
  • Elise4270
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Orphia I ordered DH and I a shirt. @garygse I liked your design so much i added it to a shirt. Since I didn't make your design, i didn't opt to share it with the group. If you decide to make one, let us know.

thanks!

ETA If you missed the "Embrace the Suck" shirt its HERE

wtj2cp5vxw0g.png

ETA (again) @Orphia DH liked your shirt design, it reminded him of some Robert Frost poem he had to recite to me twice before i dismissed that he was over educated- "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood". :open_mouth: He didn't think "Sisu" fit with running, but i told him it was "finish" so he had to have the shirt. :joy:
  • Elise4270
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Thinking about taking up swimming, mostly because SO likes it but hates being in the pool alone. Got ear infections when I was a kid and haven't seen the inside of a pool since. We'll see.

I had ear infections often as a kid too. I even had speech therapy for 3+ years. I use ear plugs now. Before i was diligent about putting isopropyl alcohol in my ears after every swim (esp when i took the kids to the lake all the time). You can also add a few drops of white vinegar with the alcohol to ward off fungus and infections. Or buy the premade Swim Ear stuff.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I ordered DH and I a shirt. [...]
    ETA (again) @Orphia DH liked your shirt design, it reminded him of some Robert Frost poem he had to recite to me twice before i dismissed that he was over educated- "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood". :open_mouth: He didn't think "Sisu" fit with running, but i told him it was "finish" so he had to have the shirt. :joy:

Awesome! I love that Robert Frost.

"I took the path less travelled, and that has made all the difference."

Very Sisu.