<3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    B)
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Well, didn’t get the lawn mower. Guess there aren’t many place around here that sells them. We’re going to stop on the way home from work next week to see ghecub cadets they have at HomeDepot. Did find a nice tile that may work for the bathroom. Brought a sample home. Looked pretty good. Just want to see if DH can order it at work and get a discount. Also, going to look at Home Depot for that too. We don’t want to spend a large amount of money if we plan to sell in about 3years.

When we got home I got back in the car with DD to go clothes shopping. Spent more than I wanted to but had no choice. I have no summer clothes that fit anymore. Luckily I can wear very casual clothes at work so don’t need both work and home clothes.

Going to do a craft with DD tomorrow for us to celebrate Mother’s Day. If it turns out I’ll post a picture.

Eating didn’t go well today but tomorrow’s a good day to have a good day, right?

Well I’m beat as I was on the go all day. Every time I wanted to try on pants I had to take the dang boot off. So I’m in bed and ready to grab my book.

Take care my friends, Terry in VT
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Did Gunnar Peterson’s Accelerated Core Training DVD. He’s a pretty good instructor, does lots of different things. Things that I’ve never done before (and you know that’s saying something). The plan for tomorrow is to ride the recumbant bike.

Made beet chocolate muffins. This one gal gave us beets so I made these for her. Then made ginger cupcakes for a gal at the Y who likes ginger. I don’t think I’ll use the cream cheese icing that they suggest since cream cheese icing should be refrigerated, maybe I’ll just make some buttercream icing instead. Also made icing for the muffins and iced them. Everything done for the week.

Went to Food Lion, I thought they might carry an item I was looking for but they didn’t. Went to WalMart and they don’t either so I had to make it myself. Have to go back to Food Lion to get some ground beef, didn’t realize that I’d need it for these pizza bites I’m making for Rummikub Tuesday. Update: Got the filling all made. Need to put them together Tuesday and then bake them. I’m hesitant to prepare them ahead of time 1) because that’ll take up a lot of room in the refrigerator and 2) I’m afraid they may get soggy.

Mary – thanks so much for the link. Very interesting and informative. I had a suspicion that it had something to do with how long it takes for your body to digest something. I know it’s always been recommended that you have just applesauce since that’s easily digested. Now I know not to put the protein powder in it (at least at night)

Ginger – happy anniversary

One thing I thought of regarding this new shingles vaccine. It’s just that – new. We don’t know the long-term effects of it.

Okie – you’ll be there before you know it!

Ohgeeque – welcome!

Lisa – so glad to hear about your son no longer being suicidal. That must be a real load off your mind. Wish a graph of my weight looked like yours. My graph is almost a straight line

Anyone who needs to make a cake – I got this recipe from Weight Watchers. It’s really quite good and not bad on the calories. You take one box of angel food cake mix, add a 20oz can of crushed pineapple (juice and all). Mix and bake as you would for an angel food cake. Sometimes angel food cake can be so “plain” but the pineapple jazzes it up a bit

Went to a ballgame tonight with the Newcomers. This is a farm team for the Texas Rangers (Hickory Crawdads) For this weekend they called themselves the Hickory Crawmoms. I know that they only have hamburgers, hot dogs, coleslaw, barbecue, beans so I bring my own sandwich and dessert, which is what I’ve done the past few years.

The plan is that I want to go out early in the day tomorrow (like I’m talking maybe 10:00) and start to pile the mulch where we want it. I won’t spread it out just yet. Vince actually said “I thought we were going to do the mulch tomorrow”. See, the heat doesn’t bother me that much but it really bothers him and it’s supposed to be really hot tomorrow. So if he doesn’t help, that’s OK, I’m not expecting it

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    ---
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :)MIchele, How much mulch did you get? Did you pick it up in your own truck or have it delivered?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    P
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all my friends! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 Ours was quite a while ago.

Feeling more chirpy this morning, but the test will be on the elliptical.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Morning dear friends
    Happy Mother's day to all of you..still cloudy and maybe showers this afternoon...just relaxing and will do cleaning today...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Happy Woman's Day! :flowerforyou: My Kindergarten Friend changed it so it includes all woman whether their are mother's or not. What a great idea to give all woman the acknowledgment they deserve!

Penny I'll have to ask my relative in Gavle if they do this. Gavle is two hours north of Stockholm.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ask about "tjälknöl". He/She may not recognize my translation :laugh:

Gävle is halfway between Stockholm (where I used to live) and the place where my husband's family had an old farm with forest (and hunting rights). Six hours' drive and still only about halfway north in Sweden.

/Penny