Options
    rfpj388hdzbc.jpg
    Share a cuppa with me!
    Rebecca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    LaceyM1967 wrote: »
    Hi guys, have not been on much as I'd intended to do, very stressful few days as something dreadful happened someone we know and it will be a while before anything will feel normal again. Been sick most of the week so actually hit my weightloss target because I've not been able to eat, but starting to get my appetite back again - so I'll probably put it all back on ....
    I was in the health shop looking for something for stress & migraines and she recommended magnesium citrate - anyone use this before?

Lacey. (((Hugs))) for the stress. Sorry something dreadful happened to someone you know. That's a shock to the system. Concerning magnesium citrate. I am a big fan. It has a natural muscle relaxing property and I sometimes use it to help me drift off to sleep. In its liquid form, it's a bowel prep, so stick to the pill form, which generally doesn't have that side effect. I use Source Naturals, but there are lots of reliable brands. It might help your migraines. It's worth a try.

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Lacey hugs. I use Epson salts in a bath daily to help me relax. Magnesium is a natural calming mineral. The B vitamins are good for stress too. Inositol is also good.Take care during this trying time.

:heart: Margaret
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Good morning!

Good Morning, Cheri!

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Well done Lisa! Amazing that you got it out with everything else going on. <3 I will get the Kindle version.

This is my patio with the self seeded violas struggling through the cracks. I'm sure you can all make up your own metaphors! :D

2j2hdbvmef7u.jpg

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm waiting for the buildings surveyor to arrive. Decided to make some chicken broth in the IP while I'm waiting and have it as an Asian soup for dinner while DH is out at cricket till late. Love homemade broth. Going to use shiritaki noodles.

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Love violas. They do well here until it gets too hot! I planted more of them this year. They do self seed. I had alyssum self seed in our rock last year. Fun!

Been busy trying to get our side our the back fence stained. We took out a couple of trees and now I can get to it better. It had not been stained for twelve years. It needs it. It has taken longer then I thought. I can only do a little at a time because it is hard on my wrist. I am using a paint brush and not a spray.

Weekend very busy. We went to a friend's concert on Friday, out to dinner with DS, and an over 50 gathering yesterday. I made fruit kabobs. I used pineapple, cantaloupe, and organic strawberries. The non organic are so big and tasteless now I wanted strawberries that taste like strawberries. They did go quickly.

:heart:
    Margaret
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I love the violas in your patio. They are absolutely charming. :heart:

Yoga today and I'm looking forward to my favorite teacher. I hope she is back from her travels. I dug up two huge parsley plants last week and put them in the garbage. I kept the third, slightly smaller plant, and put it in a big pot to elevate it above the dog's "watering service." Yesterday we went for a walk and I found parsley plants just like mine all along the way to the marina at the end of the road. My conclusion is that birds have been planting them. The prevailing winds blow up the river most of the time, so that would blow seeds the other way from where we saw the plants.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.
    Steve Jobs

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Oakie! Sorry for your bitten lip.

Lisa I was hoping your new book would be a sequel to This Little Pig.

Rebecca & Cherie your eating and exercise diligence is inspiring to all of us and is Barbie's long walks.

We had pine straw put out to cover the part of the yard that had been ruined when two trees were removed. Now we have hundreds of baby pines popping up. Yuck!

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    DARN! Lost my whole post ‘cause I hit ‘Done’ instead of ‘Post Reply’! UHG!

Washed a comforter by hand yesterday. That was difficult! Heavy and difficult to wring out. Good workout though!

RV Rita in Columbus New Mexico
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Carol - I take that as a massive compliment! :) There may never be one, however... It's possible that Flak Anders married her fire chief and they ambled off into the sunset together. We may never know. :smiley: