• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracy in Edmonton: Welcome! :star:

Lanette: Medical MJ has been legal in Oregon for decades. Recreational MJ is more recent. Things seem to be going well. There is no increase in crime, sales are going well and the state is getting a nice boost in revenue through taxes levied by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. A big chunk of that tax money goes to public schools, some goes to police, and I don't remember the other details. :ohwell: I suspect it would be ideal to replace opioids for many chronic pain issues that come from medical problems. :flowerforyou:

Our plans to go to Costco when we pick up DH's car are in flux. The current theory is that I will drive him to the car dealer and drop him off there. Then I'll head to the stable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this all works out well.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Lanette way to go on the first 5:2 day! I too hold off eating as long as possible on my light days- generally around 12:30 for lunch and 8:10 for dinner.

Rye
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,397 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Lanette way to go on the first 5:2 day! I too hold off eating as long as possible on my light days- generally around 12:30 for lunch and 8:10 for dinner.

Rye

Thanks Rye - I must admit, Mosley's FastDiet book is great in prepping, reminding that hunger comes in waves. Having not been hungry in a long time since I eat many small meals per day, it was neat having that experience, really! B)

I tend to go to bed fairly early (and am up at 4 or 4:30 am) so will plan to cut off eating by 5 in an effort to implement 12:3. Which I WAS doing for a while with great results. Good to be remotivated. :)

Felicia - perfect timing re your story about not eating for the colonoscopy prep and realizing you were celiac. I didn't have dairy yesterday and my tummy feels darn good so I think there's a connection there as well.

You guys are the BEST! <3

Lanette
    Sultry SW WA State

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lanette I very much enjoy Michael Mosely’s works and he does some fantastic BBC videos that are often available on YouTube or Vimeo. I highly recommend Eat, Fast and Live Longer which if you google you might be able to find some where.

I envy Heather’s bbc access and I know she has recommended some of the Mosely programs.

Since my work day will be 12 to 8pm I have to eat at slightly odd times for me. I can prep lunch and eat it at work pretty easily, but will have to eat dinner at home. Except on light days, I’ll probably do my oatmeal or frozen veggies for dinner and can make that at work in the back room pretty easily. Good thing about the evening shift - no one to complain about my microwaving broccoli!

Rye
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Sitting here relaxing....then will probably go to the movie here..I do want to see the Book Club with Jane Fonda and Diane Keaton looks hysterical...I will take a comedy any day of the week.
  • Viccliff
    Viccliff Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

Hope I can join your group! I’m new here only day 3, though I did lose 40lb on a similar site in the UK a few years ago. I loved the 50+ group then and as I am 60 now I think I’ll need the extra motivation!

I live in London where we are gripped with royal wedding fever right now. Mind you as it clashes with the Football Cup Final tomorrow afternoon there are a lot of men hiding the TV remote tonight or planning their escape to the pub!

Jackie
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ooh so I was going to buy the salmon and tuna pouches, but when I get to the aisle, I just couldn't! So for the pouches of albacore tuna there is 74g, and it's $1.48. But for a huge @$$ can of solid white albacore tuna there is 255g and it was $3.15! So if you use a pouch as one serving that's 74 g. So 74 X 3 = 222 g which is what the big can is (255 g). But $1.48 x 3 = $4.44 which is a lot more than $3.15! I win!
    Now the salmon pouches are also $1.48. The can is 392 g drained, and was $2.56. Now the tuna and salmon are mostly the same in volume and price with the pouches. But the canned salmon is 5 servings! So $1.48 X 5 =$7.40! I paid $2.56 so a savings of $4.84! I win! Yes it's convenient with the pouches, but I think I get a better quality of salmon, some skin, and bone yuck...and 4 servings of salmon are weighed and in plastic containers in the freezer.
    I had the salmon, some wilted spinach, cucumbers, and 1/4 cup cottage cheese salad.
    Tonight I'm having spaghetti (1 cups worth), sauce 1/2 cup and some grapefruit segments!
    For snack I'm having coffee with 1/2 of a Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter bar.
    All in all a good day!
    Tomorrow is soup making day! Also brownie making day! Aack! My husband needs his sweets, and he has a drawer for all that!
    Hugs peeps!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    pdzqpa6q10mo.jpg
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I found more info about Oregon MJ rules & I found a link to WA information. I hope your DH is able to get his dental situation fixed, pronto. Oregon has distributed millions from MJ revenue. Schools get 40% of the revenue, and the rest is divided between mental health, cities and counties, the state police & Oregon Health authority. I haven't seen anyone here speaking out against the situation. The State of Washington passed laws allowing MJ before Oregon did. I found an article about Washington State, but I'm not sure when it was put online. "More than 60 percent of the state’s marijuana money over the next two years is slated to go toward public health programs, including Medicaid, substance abuse prevention efforts and community health centers, according to the state Office of Financial Management."
    Read more here:
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/marijuana/article130464479.html#storylink=cpy

Rebecca: I'm glad you were able to get the fish you wanted at the store, and at a reasonable price. WTG!!!

I wonder whether Congress will be flexible regarding MJ for medical use and research at the national level. Many of the senators and representatives are from tobacco producing states and may not like the idea.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,397 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: I found more info about Oregon MJ rules & I found a link to WA information. I hope your DH is able to get his dental situation fixed, pronto. Oregon has distributed millions from MJ revenue. Schools get 40% of the revenue, and the rest is divided between mental health, cities and counties, the state police & Oregon Health authority. I haven't seen anyone here speaking out against the situation. The State of Washington passed laws allowing MJ before Oregon did. I found an article about Washington State, but I'm not sure when it was put online. "More than 60 percent of the state’s marijuana money over the next two years is slated to go toward public health programs, including Medicaid, substance abuse prevention efforts and community health centers, according to the state Office of Financial Management."
    Read more here:
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/marijuana/article130464479.html#storylink=cpy

Rebecca: I'm glad you were able to get the fish you wanted at the store, and at a reasonable price. WTG!!!

I wonder whether Congress will be flexible regarding MJ for medical use and research at the national level. Many of the senators and representatives are from tobacco producing states and may not like the idea.

Katla - thank you for finding that article! Very good! Hope they are able to help pay for schools, but public health and Medicaid need funding so that will help.

I know our county officials were disappointed that none of the revenue is flowing to them (from the state level) but cities are getting some local sales tax revenue from the dispensaries and production/processing facilities.

Our county still has not permitted any MJ legal grow places or dispensaries outside of city boundaries because federally, it's still not legal and our prosecutor doesn't want to take the gamble. Many counties in WA, however, have said "who cares" and are permitting. B)

They are doing a lot of research and finding many good medical uses for it in Europe and Israel. Folks are able to get off their pharmaceuticals = so there will be pushback as well from Big Pharma I'll bet.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My throat is still sore from the procedure yesterday; Louis said that it looked like the tube they pulled out of my nose was about 18" long. Said it wasn't as bad as having a tube put up his penis without any anesthesia. I don't know about that; but, I certainly wanted to 'kill' the MD. Did not have the chance, they put him 'out to pasture' because of a 'medical issue' - yeah, being totally stupid. The Urologist in the same practice raised his eyebrows when I told him what he had done. I have had a tube stuck up into my bladder before and that sure as Hello-Kitty was not fun either. At least I don't have to have my colonoscopy redone. According to the MD I see (not the one who actually did it). I guess if I have not heard from Lincare, I will call them and see if they have gotten the order to change the settings on my Cpap machine(s). I wonder who figured out how to do all the procedures and 'if' they had them done to themselves. I bet MDs make the worst patients.

What is this world coming to with yet another school shooting. My girls are now out of school. My MaddiePoo is going to be a senior. So hard to believe. Louis offered to pay our youngest granddaughter $5 for every book she read this summer; however, she would have to write a page long (or more) about the characters and the 'gist' of the story before he'd pay her. I had to laugh when DDnL#1 said she'd read if he would pay her $5 per book.

She still doesn't know what is going on with the sale of the company she works for to another company. I told her 'not' to let what the other women say about 'that she had been through it twice' before and everything they did could be sent to corporate to do. I wanted to tell her that this woman is probably more fearful of losing her job than she needs to be.

I worked in an office where one of the 4 women in our section would bring a 5th of vodka to work and drink it over the week. I had been told by the other 2 claims clerks not to ever bring it up unless it was specifically brought up during an assessment. I was taking the place of a woman who 'did' bring it up and because this woman was the one 'in charge' things got really 'ugly'. We all had a desk drawer that 'locked' and that is where we put our pocketbooks so we could come and go as we needed. It was the one area that nobody could check or search. Shortly thereafter they made some changes and she was offered 'early retirement'. YEAH!!! But, the work load increased but we all pitched in so it wasn't that bad.

Well, I've had one of my protein bars; but, I really want some ice cream. Oh well, time will be here for coffee and protein bar. I still like the protein bars from the MD's office better than any I have found so far. Getting shakes at GNC. Really like them! And they have 'milk' chocolate, which I like better than the 'dark' chocolate ones at the M's office. Tried a couple of their protein bars but wasn't as thrilled about the ones I tried. I'll look again at the others they have.

Happy Weekend!
    Lenora
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.13min, 136mhr, 13.2amph. 1.5mi= 62c
    apple watch- 65c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- 50min, 133ahr, 154mhr, 15.12min mi 3.29mi= 443c
    apple watch- 478c
    fl exer- 1.43min, 2sets of 10ea, situps, on butt-knees to chest, 106mhr= 21c
    apple watch- 23c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.14min, 104ahr, 124mhr, 17amph, 1.4mi= 49c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 14.24min, 12.6amph, 118ahr, 142mhr, 3mi= 128c
    apple watch- 120c
    jog sumn sta 2 wk- 5.04min, 152mhr, 139ahr, 9.48min mi, .5mi= 59c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.11min, 9min mi, 152mhr, 133ahr, .4mi= 59c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.27min, 9.3amph, 155mhr, 2.5mi= 180c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 1001
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    There is another good OTC butt cream called Calmoseptine. It's very soothing.

Karen in Virginia
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    I like my bag balm because the cows look so happy on the tin! Anything that makes cracked teats on a cow look happy, should make me happy!
    Rebecca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Becca. I love that tin, too. It's a classic.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    Did 40 minutes of HIIT. The plan for tomorrow is to do Debbie Sieber’s Mix It Up DVD. Her last DVD was quite good (I still have a brand new one that I’ll sell anyone for the price of the postage which is usually less than $3)

Rye – I may not comment on your pictures, but I always enjoy them immensely

Heather – it never ceases to amaze me how many veggies I can eat and still be under calories. My plate is full of veggies most times. Like last night I had two helpings of this broccoli stirfry, ½ cup asparagus, ½ cup beets, ½ sweet potato. In my salad I had avocado, cannoli beans, kale salad, and tuna fish. (OK, I know sometimes I have strange combinations of things.) This morning I had edamame in with my cereal. Lately, I seem to have lost a lot of my taste for sweet things. Not that I don’t, just that I don’t care to have it as often. Which reminds me, I need to make something for Vince to have. Vince likes a big meal at the end of the day. I wish I could have something lighter like just cereal. For some reason, I just can’t bring myself to do it. Well, tonight I’m planning to have soup which Vince doesn’t think soup is a meal but I feel it’s perfectly fine. With kale and quinoa and shirataki noodles. I’ll probably put some veggies in there – maybe mixed veggies or green beans – or both. While I was exercising today, they were showing about the royal wedding on the TV. Lynette is REALLY into the royalty stuff – and I do mean REALLY into it. She’s going to record everything about the wedding, she plans to get up early to see it live, she’s obsessed with them. Personally, I’ll probably watch the highlights on the news.

Felicia – good for Meghan! It would be just plain wrong for charles to walk her down the aisle.

Picked up the cake for tomorrow. I don’t know if I mentioned it…we’re having the magician again. Fortunately for Newcomers, we can use the ballroom at the same price for the smaller room. Evidently, the people who had the ballroom cancelled. I suspect they had to pay the full amount for the room as the deposit, so the place isn’t out the money (which is significantly higher on the weekend) and they are building good will with Newcomers. So win, win. Well…we’ve noticed that whenever we have an event catered here they put out just the bare minimum of desserts. So we’re getting a ¼ sheet cake. We told them it was a birthday cake. Otherwise we couldn’t bring it in. I got my first pick up order over $50 so I got $10 off the price of the cake. It’s come to something like $10 with tax and all. Have to go meet a gal at Food Lion to give her Coke caps since the school gets credit for them and this is the last day that Coke will double the amount of credit for the caps. I don’t have much but every little bit helps. Update: it was me who added the edible glitter to the cake

Anyway, while picking up the cake they had samples of this cookie with icing in it. I had such a craving for them that I had some. On the plus side, they were small. On the negative side…I did cave in. But I did HIIT today so I know I burned extra calories. Also, thinking about tomorrow. I’ll have to try some of the cake at least. I am going to fill up on veges and try some of the chicken and fish. I’m not crazy about red meat so I’ll probably skip the beef.

Found out that evidently there is some sort of app for the pick up order and I was supposed to call 10 minutes before picking it up. No one told me that. And I needed to bring my order number with me. I didn’t know that, I just assumed that they had it by name…no. I called and someone told me that if they didn’t have the item I ordered in stock, they would just not give it to me. No…they substituted. Oh well, I’ll take the substitutions back to the store. No big deal Update: I called, they issued a credit for the items (2) that I didn't want, they gave me a $10 promo code to use on my next order, and told me that I didn't have to bring the items back to the store. Guess they're really trying to get people to use this app. Personally, I'd rather use my desktop.

When I go to Food Lion to meet that gal, I’m going to get more sweet potatoes for me (they’re on sale) and soda for Vince that’s on sale too. Update: we must have missed each other. Oh well…it’s not like I have all that many anyway.

Katla – I’m like you, I eat what I want but use portion control. Like I had that icing filled cookie because I really wanted it. I logged it and I’m keeping within my calories, but just barely. But I don’t feel deprived.

Rebecca – you’ve really dedicated yourself to healthy eating, that’s so wonderful!

Tracey – welcome! To be honest, you’ll probably never get straight who is who. People come and go. Stay a while. Before you know it, you’ll feel right at home.

OK, I am really really stress eating today worrying about tomorrow night and hoping I remembered everything and that things go well.

For all those who just had a colonoscopy: can you have apple juice? I remember that you had to be able to see thru something (like broth) so you knew that was OK to have. Would apple juice be in that vein? The only problem is that I would think that might turn me off to apple juice totally. Like right now the only time I drink Gatorade is when I have to mix it with that horrible cleaning-out stuff.

Katla – I am very surprised, very surprised, that more states haven’t legalized MJ now that they see the tax windfall. States are ALWAYS looking for ways to get more tax money, and this would be one good way. I’m thinking that tobacco producing states (like NC) are probably producing less than, say, 15 years ago. So what is happening to that land where they used to raise tobacco?

Jackie – welcome! The royal wedding should be something!

Rebecca – most of the toxins are in the skin of the salmon, too. I usually grill mine with the skin but take it off before I eat it. If it’s canned salmon, I just try not to have the skin. The bones are good to have, tho. For the first time I cut out the segments of the grapefruit for a grapefruit pie. I thought it would be hard, but I was pleasantly surprised. They came out quite easily. Do you take your own out?

Michele in NC