WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

So I read all this info on fasting, low calorie days, fasting hours and it fills me with dread… I. don’t. fast. I become a grump when my lunch is late. I’m planning dinner on my before breakfast walk… I eat less and lower calorie than I have in years, but I love food. So the dread comes in because in a month I have to have a colonoscopy, and I have to do a liquid diet, of as best I can figure out stuff I hate. I do not like broth, jello, or apple juice. While they have yet to give me the paper work, from what I have heard that’s what is available… so I’ll be just drinking water for a day or two..and I am already working myself up into a tizzy about this. And I can not afford to take time off of work; so I’ll be doing 3-4 hours of gardening everyday… I’m of course not looking forward to the clean you out liquid, but the idea of fasting is dreadful! So the question for all of you, how do you make it on a fast –and/or are you really doing a water only fast?

Smiles

Kim from N. California

Can you have banana popsicles? I could have popsicles as long as they weren’t red, purple or orange.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    I doubt you can have banana popsicles unless you can see thru them (like those ice pops that are flavored banana)

Michele in NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I doubt you can have banana popsicles unless you can see thru them (like those ice pops that are flavored banana)

Michele in NC

Not to be argumentative, but you can have them as long as they are dairy-free, which most popsicles are, I think. I googled it. Banana, green apple, and pineapple popsicles as well as lemon Italian ice are all allowed.

Of course, if you are in doubt at all, you should ask your doctor and follow his or her advice.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,974 Member
    Options
    :) We're off for the day to Seattle tomorrow. Gotta leave early so gotta get up early to walk the dogs. My walking friend will come over three times during the day to walk the dogs so we don't have to board them. It is supposed to be a beautiful day.

<3 Barbie
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC, I am great lazy with Grapefruit! I buy the glass jars that Dole puts out! But, I think of my momma when she had grapefruit most every morning, with her special pointed grapefruit spoons! Hopefully she's giving me a thumbs up in heaven. Hey at least I'm eating it!
    Hugs for the nice remark about how I'm doing! I'm trying and getting this business done y'all!
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lol I am great lazy with Grapefruit!!! I was going to edit it, but it makes sense in my book! Haahaa!
    Silly Rebecca
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thinking of you all - will be back soon

09s9ynwcp0l8.gif

Trish from OZ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    What am I going to have for dinner tonight? Haven't decided, but I know I've got a sweet potato lurking in the utility room. Could be a lamb tagine then. Hairy Bikers 'diet' recipe. It's yummy, but I only use a third of the honey, as I don't like sweet.

I might go shopping at our big store when the wedding is on as there will be no one there. :D Not sure what time it finishes. I went to the launderette for Princess Anne's wedding and had the place to myself.

They've moved the FA Cup Final to after five o'clock so it doesn't clash! DH is not happy as he's even more anti royals than I am. It's normally three o'clock. He normally has to watch football upstairs in his study/music room, but I might take pity on him and let him watch it downstairs in the living room so we can eat together. Otherwise he will be eating upstairs on a tray. I don't like soccer, but the Cup Final is something I might make an exception for. I can always read. I'm reading my 19th running book. :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • zanna1968
    zanna1968 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how do I join this group?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @zanna1968 Welcome! Just bookmark the thread (yellow star above the magnifying glass icon top R of this page), then join right in!

Karen in Virginia
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3 NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    ((((HUGS)))) for you Machka. Keeping on keeping on is hard work. You are doing brilliantly. <3 Do you feel he is himself? Or is he still a bit of a "patient"?
    Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Cheri
    in overcast TX
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Working today. Saturdays are very easy and quiet at work but, man, I want to go back home to sleep!

On the plus side a grumpy guy who came in was sorta polite and called me ‘young lady’. Lol. Obviously he needs to see his optometrist soon! My best guess is he is about five years my senior. lol

Rye
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Lanette in SW WA we didn’t cut off the rattle. We ran him over and I saw it ‘jump/fly” over into tithe bushes so might not be dead but surely terminal.

Lanette in SW WAHow long have been taking the allergy shots now? What level are you on? The first time I had them, the timing of shots was similar to yours. This time, I am up to strength level 4 and still take them every other day. Might be because I’m doing them myself so can be more often. All I know is that they are working this time.

Concerning Bag Balm... when I was nursing my kids (over 30 years ago) the La Leche League recommended Bag Balm to sooth soreness. It had the sam tin back then but I could only find it at feed stores then.

On grapefruits.... I used to eat them, but since I was put on BP meds, can’t eat them within 2 hours of taking meds. Affects strength and absorption. If you eat grapefruit and take meds, be sur to check for interactions.

DH is putting last coat of rubber roofing paint on RV. Gotta go help him.

Laters!

RV Rita in New Mexico