• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Machka - My heart aches for you. :heart: :heartbreak:
    /Penny
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: RE MJ, I suspect the tobacco states are anti pot, but maybe that is my prejudices jumping in. After all, farmers will want to grow for the best profit. I don't know of any outdoor grows here in Oregon, though. I doubt there are any in Washington, either. Deer love to eat and growers don't want to share. :noway:

Michele: When recreational MJ was legalized here in Oregon there was a huge "land rush" for storage units with water available. We have a rented storage unit with electricity, but no water. Ours holds two boats and an old car, along with some power tools and random "stuff." :ohwell:

Barbie: Your walking friend is a gem. It is so nice for the dogs to be able to stay at home while you're away rather than in a kennel. We hired a live-in dog sitter while we took out trip to see the kids last January. It worked out very well for our dog, for us, and for the sitter. She's retired and loves the extra income. :bigsmile:

Heather: Your DDIL is gorgeous! I love the photo of the grandchildren, too. :star:

(((Machka))) Good news on your DH's recovery process, but it is still a big challenge for you. :heart:

We're off to Beaverton to pick up DH's car from VW. Then I'm heading to the stable to play with Arrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    [
    Lanette in SW WAHow long have been taking the allergy shots now? What level are you on? The first time I had them, the timing of shots was similar to yours. This time, I am up to strength level 4 and still take them every other day. Might be because I’m doing them myself so can be more often. All I know is that they are working this time.

RV Rita in New Mexico

Rita - I'm on two levels and halfway thru the second level, each time they up the dose .5 - have been taking them twice a week for a couple months now. This second level does hurt/sting for about half an hour after the injections in the back (fleshy) part of my arms. So will be glad to go to once a week=maintenance.

Yesterday the nurse told me once people go on maintenance, it seems they really start to see results. Already I can tell I'm much better - not 100%, but I'd say 80%. This morning I opened a bag of potting soil (molds and you name it) with not even a runny nose. Last year at this time I would have been choked up, losing my voice and running for the inhaler.

I am tickled they are working for both of us despite the shots part! :sB)<3 I have the utmost respect for diabetics who do injections all of their lives.

Oh - sorry you missed cutting off the rattle, lol. Better luck next time!

Lanette
    Overcast & warm SW WA State
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Trying to post some pics but WiFi a bit iffy. Not a royalist either but watched some footage, thought her dress was very classy. First day it has stayed sunny all day, we've even had odd shower, not Greek weather at all.

Kate UK
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: RE MJ, I suspect the tobacco states are anti pot, but maybe that is my prejudices jumping in. After all, farmers will want to grow for the best profit. I don't know of any outdoor grows here in Oregon, though. I doubt there are any in Washington, either. Deer love to eat and growers don't want to share. :noway:

Michele: When recreational MJ was legalized here in Oregon there was a huge "land rush" for storage units with water available. We have a rented storage unit with electricity, but no water. Ours holds two boats and an old car, along with some power tools and random "stuff." :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Katla - I did a little research on the 2 products I bought - one was raised hydroponically - I think in Battleground or down your way, the other was outdoor grown over near Yakima. The website had some photos of their "farm" with super high fences and no doubt cameras, etc.

There's some theory that "outdoor grown" is a bit more "highly charged" due to the sunlight and being exposed to nature.

It's fascinating that these products are lab tested and come with specific % of THC and CBH which is good for folks taking it medically to know and depend on.

My Master Gardener inquisitiveness has me wanting to tour these places and find out more ;) If I could stand the smell l'd get a job there, lol. There are 2 hydroponic grows that I know of within ten miles of me.

Have fun with Arrow & hope your DH's car runs well for as long as he needs it!

Lanette
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well, nothing on the island front that is really newsworthy. Eldest son continues to pack his place up and move stuff over when he calls us to come get the boxes. Sometime at the end of the month he'll rent a truck. He really doesn't have too many heavy things going upstairs. I dread pushing the stuff upstairs, because there is a first step, then it sharply turns to the right upward. His bed mattress is thicker than ours so I'm anticipating lots of stops, with fits of giggles occuring!

It will be nice to fill this house with more stuff! It echoes so husband and I have fun with that.
    I made spaghetti last night and took my allotted amount, used a measuring cup too! I made cheese French bread under the broiler and it looked really yummy, but did I indulge? No, not I! I am sticking to this! Husband whined about the brownies, so I made him that as well. I had my grapefruit segments, and even sprinkled some Truiva sugar on them. They tasted candy like.

Hugs to each and every one of yas!
    Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    Options
    Katla - Yes, they are lovely photos, but they make me laugh because their daily lives are chaotic and I only see her look like that if she is poshed up for a party. Their kitchen in the background is sometimes too messy for even me to bear! Never seen it cleared.
    I had to sort through hundreds of pictures and just screenshotted a few.
    It makes me want to have a professional session for myself. I've inquired about the price. I'm sure it costs a fortune, but it might be a 69th birthday present. I have been toying with the idea of starting a website and photos would be essential. A girl can dream. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    B)
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Have DGD with us this weekend. She and her aunt, my DD are currently watching a movie. After lunch we will take her to water polo practice. She is the only girl on her team. They practice for 2 hours and tread water nearly all of that time. It is quite a workout. Horses are out in the front pasture and the goats are currently stripping the leaves off a tree that we cut down. DD and I are doing well with the 8:16 fasting as of now. It is good to have someone to do it with.

Katla - Hope you have a good session with Arrow.

Heather - Lovely pictures.

Machka - Hope things continue to go well. Remember to take care of yourself too.

Rebecca - You've really got some momentum going. Good for you!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

spin, 1hr,80ar, 111aw, 125ahr, 149mhr, 15.1mi= 484c
    Apple Watch- 562c

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    7ed9fpn3l5dd.jpg
    This is the only Magnum I will ever know! I guess they're doing a new one, with Magnum PI as a Latino guy, and Higgins is a lady.
    Rebecca
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Machka9 - Is there any possibility that in the fall he might have torn his rotator cuff? When I tore mine the first time, I began to lose the range of motion in my arm. GP said it was a 'frozen shoulder' and would only get worse, so he sent me to an OrthoMD whose specialty was rotator cuff surgery. I had gotten very upset with the first one I went to - he was a client of my husband's so he got me in quickly. But, he has the bedside manner of an armadillo. He wanted to do surgery the first day. I told him that I needed to talk that over with Louis, the next time I went I was seen by his 'new' partner and he did some exercises; they had already x-rayed it. So when I decided I needed to go to someone else, I got my x-rays and records and took them to the new OrthoMD. They x-rayed my shoulder in several different ways, not just a straight on shot. When he did the surgery he found that I had chipped my shoulder ball joint and the piece had fallen down between the bones and that was what was giving me trouble. He put me in the hospital instead of doing it as an outpatient; and the next day I told him it no longer hurt. He was surprised because he expected.

I repotted my staghorn fern and maybe I did not 'kill' it in the process. It was so large it was growing out of the pot. I took a knife and pair of scissors to it and then repotted it around the edge and pulling the 'growing' thing in the middle and make the center of it raised. I sure hope I did it correctly. I probably should have tackled it last year. I have a Kimberly Queen fern that Louis will have to take out of the pot, I need some more potting soil before I can repot it. About 1/2 of it was killed by the cold, even though it was inside the porch; but, it isn't insulated yet. I pulled out all the dead frons from my asparagus ferns. I need to repot my Boston ferns.

I think Marty is coming to get the spa today. Then he will get a new pump for Trey and clean out the pool and pushed a few stones out of it and patch it. They are going to wait on redoing the lining until next year. But, I was a little surprised that they did not get the salt water pump this time around.

My throat is still really sore after the procedure I went through on Thursday (inside and outside). I'm not really looking forward to what I think he is going to tell me and that is 'no hot and spicy' foods. Maybe not. That would sux because I 'love' hot and spicy foods. Louis watched the test and said that it was pretty cool to be able to see the water going down my throat. I hated it!

Well, I guess I will go back out and start seeing what I can do in the yard. I also turned over my shelves in the MBR window as they were beginning to sag. I had taken a lot of things off it and put them elsewhere; but, when I went back to putting everything back on it, it really took up the entire space on all 4 shelves. When Louis buys the wood to put up there instead; I am going to mark around each thing on the shelves so I will know where to put everything. I don't know how wide they are; but, I'd like to get a little wider shelves if I could.

Hope all of you are having a great weekend!

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    a8zhsrfmve0v.jpeg
    See the bird in there? You would think it wasn’t comfortable but it is safe. I won’t touch it! >:):D

RV Rita in NM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    alu6qicnpwzq.jpeg
    k2ez3gb23bfv.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    e1sxoie7yege.jpg
    ck4i2funvqtw.jpg
    My soup planned out on my dry ease board. Then I just plugged it into the recipe planner. It makes three servings. I have my big bowl, and two other containers, so I guesstimate servings giving each a ladles worth until the pot is empty. I could be digitally perfect, weighing each, but soup is soup.
    Enjoy the day everyone!
    Rebecca