Maintainers weekly Check-in May 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Faebert wrote: »

That said, morning workouts have been a challenge due to my kitten who seems to have a death wish. Makes it much harder when he runs underneath me as I do push ups, tries to catch my feet in jumping lunges, leaps on my hair as my head goes up and down in ab exercises etc. Workout goals now including not squashing the cat...

Hope everyone has had a good week - happy Friday! X

We should do a video series: the Feline workout!

Me too! Lol. My Pilates instructor said my tight hamstrings required twice daily stretching. I get on my floor with the strap to do so then and my cats zoom in on me : under the strap, sitting on my chest, bumping my arms trying to get me to groom them etc. Adds some Core work to my stretches! :)

It could work @ryenday! Some mornings he definitely thinks it’s playtime and wants to join in. Other days he looks at me with that withering way cats can have as if he’s thinking “what the kitten are you doing??” (Since I’ve got the kitten it’s a source of endless private amusement to me that it’s also the replacement swear word on here, especially when he’s annoying me...)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    @Faebert and @fidangul - thanks to you both for the kind words. It’s so cool to be able to show progress to like-minded people who “get it.” I showed my sister my progress pic and she was like “but it’s not that much different...”

I did manage to make my husband surprised at the progress photo when I told him I weighed more in the second photo. I had to show him my records as proof because he called bs (in fun of course).

@sofchak - it is definitely a very noticeable difference. You should definitely be proud of yourself. Interesting re the food allergies. I’ve been having some nasty bloating but can’t bear the thought of doing an elimination diet at the moment. How were you tested? Are they actual allergies or intolerances?
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Height: 162 cm (5’3 & 3/4)
    Total Weight lost: 50+ lb
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: since Jan 1, 2018
    Maintenance weight range: 140-150

December average : 154.5

Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): 175

Jan average: 149.8
    Feb average: 148
    March average: 147.25
    April Average:143.9 (stomach flu, 20 days antibiotic, and physical trauma contributed to this month weight loss)

Week of...
    6th May:143.4
    13th May: 142.3
    20th May:
    27th May:

Successes/Struggles. Lost my post - so never mind -lol. Will be on Fast Mimicking Diet 5 days starting Monday so may see oddly lower weight next week. We’ll see.
  • skinnyfoot73
    skinnyfoot73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Name: Lenie
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 98lbs
    Time it took to lose: 13 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 months
    Maintenance weight range: 130 - 135
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): 180

Average weight recorded from January: 140
    Average weight recorded from February: 135
    Average weight recorded from March: 135
    Average weight recorded from April: 132

Week of...
    6th May: 133.6
    13th May: 130.6
    20th May:
    27th May:

Success/struggles of the week: Was able to drop the weird post-vacation weight spike. Did a lot more walking and trying to work with a fitbit... I find it uncomfortable and it runs out of power every day (right when I go for a walk! :blush: ). Anybody have one they like? Had a big mother's day dinner last night with the family, so today is a "recovery" day... he he he.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @sofchak - it is definitely a very noticeable difference. You should definitely be proud of yourself. Interesting re the food allergies. I’ve been having some nasty bloating but can’t bear the thought of doing an elimination diet at the moment. How were you tested? Are they actual allergies or intolerances?

@Faebert - thanks!

RE: Allergy testing- I went through a deal on Groupon that tested my hair. The results gave me yellow/red feedback on specific foods. I would assume the yellow are my intolerances and the red are my allergies.

A bit more specifically based on personal experience- the wheat was “yellow” and wheat causes me nausea and headaches as well as inflames my psoriasis. The brown rice was “red” and ingesting that causes hives, trouble breathing, severe ear pain and swollen skin that’s painful to the touch.

The severity of the reaction appears to match the color, though I’m not sure where “intolerance” ends and “allergy” begins by definition...

• skinnyfoot73
    skinnyfoot73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @brightresolve Hang in there Beth! I always figured maintenance would be more difficult than the actual weightless phase - without all the structure, it is hard to be disciplined. Not sure if it helps, but I try to plan my days ahead of time and go so far as to fill in my food log each morning... then I just eat what I planned.
  • Ray_Libby
    Ray_Libby Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Name: Ray
    Height: 5'7
    Total Weight lost: 52.6
    Time it took to lose: about a year - Jun 2013 - Jun 2014
    How long in maintenance: 46 months
    Maintenance weight range: 160's
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 165

Average weight recorded from January: 168.2
    Average weight recorded from February: 167.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 167
    Average weight recorded from April 165:

Week of...
    6th May: 163.4
    13th May: 162.6
    20th May:
    27th May:

Success/struggles of the week: Since today is a part of this week it was my sister's birthday which I did okay on during the main course but the two pieces of chocolate pie probably were a bit much. Other than this a pretty routine week

Had a good week for my morning runs - got in a little over 22 miles which I thought was good as it was my first week of early morning runs after working all night. Hoping to maintain or increase the distance slightly each week and get in some afternoon swims as well.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Name: Andreas
    Height: 172cm/5,8"
    Total Weight lost: 21kg/46,3 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 4 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 62-67 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): no idea

Average weight recorded from January: 72 kg
    Average weight recorded from February:71 kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 68 kg
    Average weight recorded from april: 66 kg

Week of...
    6th May: 64.3 kg
    13th May:63.8
    20th May:
    27th May:

Struggles/success
    I just cant seem to eat enough to reach my maintenance goal and i dont dare have too high calorie foods at home becouse then i will wolf it all down at once instead....I seem to just keep loosing weight and that is not what i want at all. My goal is to manage to be in maintenance for a while so i can feel confident in proceeding to bulking. But i just cant seem to get a hang for it....
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    @CoachJen71 I find it ironic that when we are trying to do something positive like “mindful eating” for a healthier body our MINDS-FILL with negative thoughts triggering behaviours that might not be healthy in other ways. Not all the time but at times it’s like a vicious cycle ahhhh

So very true!!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @kgirlhart I have the same regret! Could have done dance classes or some serious long trail backpacking when I was younger and less arthritic. Now, I am at the top of the hill and looking downward. Depressing to think that things will just get worse and more limiting from here on out.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Name: Andreas
    Height: 172cm/5,8"
    Total Weight lost: 21kg/46,3 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 4 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 62-67 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): no idea

Average weight recorded from January: 72 kg
    Average weight recorded from February:71 kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 68 kg
    Average weight recorded from april: 66 kg

Week of...
    6th May: 64.3 kg
    13th May:63.8
    20th May:
    27th May:

Struggles/success
    I just cant seem to eat enough to reach my maintenance goal and i dont dare have too high calorie foods at home becouse then i will wolf it all down at once instead....I seem to just keep loosing weight and that is not what i want at all. My goal is to manage to be in maintenance for a while so i can feel confident in proceeding to bulking. But i just cant seem to get a hang for it....

Pick up something at a store or restaurant, single serving, of the right calorie amount.

I understand your fears. I have been bingeing a lot of late, but part of it has been being a bit too low in weight and highly active. Self-preservation has kicked in. Just do your best to balance your calories and care for yourself, and keep trying to believe that you trust yourself. That fear of food us a huge driver in bingeing. If we can take it away, it will have no power over us! *hug*
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    @HarperAnn6 So sorry you were ill, but glad to hear that you are on the mend!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,974 Member
    Options
    @andreascjonsson Hang in there. Maintenance can be tricky at first. I had a hard time figuring out my maintenance calories and lost about 16 pounds more than my original goal. Once I lost the weight I became more active and it was hard to eat as much as I needed because there was a fear of gaining. Just keep slowly adding calories until you even out. I second @coachjen71 advice. There are still a few things I have trouble having a lot of at home (although I am getting better). Buying single serve packages or going to a restaurant or the store for one serving of a higher calorie food makes it easier to work that stuff in without going overboard. It is also helpful to make small changes. Add some butter to steamed vegetables or seeds or nuts to a salad.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Name: Jim
    Height:5’8”
    Total Weight lost:197.2 (SW 376.2)
    Time it took to lose: 5 years, 2 mos; 1/13 to 3/29/18

How long in maintenance: Since 3/29/18.
    *Maintenance weight range:179-184
    *May adjust lower GW after six months Maintenance.
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): N/A

Average weight recorded for April:
    Week of 4/26 181

10 May 179 (No Change)
    17 May 179.8

Success/struggles of the week:

Success: Maintenance week one after I earned WW Lifetime membership. Still below GW.

Struggling: Thought about eating unhealthy snacks just because...