Maintainers weekly Check-in May 2018

Options

Replies

• HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »
    @HarperAnn6 So sorry you were ill, but glad to hear that you are on the mend!

Thank you!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @CoachJen71 I agree, sometimes its better to weigh a little more and not have that haggard look - at least our bellies can be covered. You're still very light for your height, we're same height and I maintain at 125lbs, much less than that and I have a feeling I would look older than my years (I'm almost 49 I don't want to look older than I am).
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options

Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:145lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How long in maintenance: Since 4/14/17
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 122 at morning weigh-in.

Jan-Jun 2017 avg weight trend: 124.4lbs
    Jul-Dec 2017 avg weight trend: 119.2lbs
    January avg weight trend: 118lbs
    February avg weight trend: 117.9lbs
    March avg weight trend: 117.8lbs
    April avg weight trend: 117.5lbs

Trend week of...
    27th April: 117.5lbs
    4th May: 118.7lbs (Bingeing starting to show up on my scale and belly roll.)
    11th May: 119lbs (Managed to bank and eat low sodium for a few days for Mother's Day, so weight is actually higher. I may just learn to accept my pot belly since my face looks haggard under 120.)
    18th May: 119lbs

Successes of the week: School days and workouts are going pretty well. Making myself communicate on my wall with my very supportive pals.

Challenges of the week: Still bingeing afternoons and evenings. Am tired enough to sleep when I get home, and I think this is one piece of the issue. The anxiety, time pressure stuff, and negative and rigid thinking are also a factor, along with self-sabotage and self-fulfilling prophecy. (I noticed that the bingeing started around my maintenance anniversary.) I have also been aware that I have turned inward. Not spending quality time with loved ones, just food. It’s a lot to untangle. I think self-love and positive thinking are where I should focus right now. I wouldn't yell at a friend who is having an anxiety meltdown, so I need to be a better friend to myself!

Lastly, today my mother would have been 72. She has been gone since 2005, but I still miss her so much!

I think this is really important to remember.

And I hope all of your memories of your mom today are happy ones. (((Hugs)))
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    @CoachJen71 I love how you put that “need to be a better friend to yourself”. I’m not one for motivational posters and reminders but I’m so onboard with that phrasing! If I sewed samplers I’d put it in a pillow!

Hugs today. Spend some time with your memories. I empathize- not one day passes that I don’t miss my best friend ever, my mom.

And remember be a better friend to yourself- it would please your mom and make her proud, I’ll bet!
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Name:Pam
    Height:5'5
    Total Weight lost:200
    Time it took to lose:Started 1/2016
    How long in maintenance:Sept 2017
    Maintenance weight range:140-145
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months):

Average weight recorded from January:
    Average weight recorded from February:134.75
    Average weight recorded from March:132.7
    Average weight recorded from April::131.3

Week of...
    6th May:132.2
    13th May:129.4
    20th May:129.0
    27th May:

Success/struggles of the week: I'm still way under my goal weight although I'm struggling to get my snacking under control, those bite size chocolates do add up. I haven't logged them as of yet. I don't eat many of my exercise calories back which am hoping offset the snacking and as of now it seems to be working.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Trend week of...
    11th May: 119lbs (Managed to bank and eat low sodium for a few days for Mother's Day, so weight is actually higher. I may just learn to accept my pot belly since my face looks haggard under 120.)

Successes of the week: School days and workouts are going pretty well. Making myself communicate on my wall with my very supportive pals.

Challenges of the week: Still bingeing afternoons and evenings. Am tired enough to sleep when I get home, and I think this is one piece of the issue. The anxiety, time pressure stuff, and negative and rigid thinking are also a factor, along with self-sabotage and self-fulfilling prophecy. (I noticed that the bingeing started around my maintenance anniversary.) I have also been aware that I have turned inward. Not spending quality time with loved ones, just food. It’s a lot to untangle. I think self-love and positive thinking are where I should focus right now. I wouldn't yell at a friend who is having an anxiety meltdown, so I need to be a better friend to myself!

Lastly, today my mother would have been 72. She has been gone since 2005, but I still miss her so much!

Much love coach.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    ...The anxiety, time pressure stuff, and negative and rigid thinking are also a factor, along with self-sabotage and self-fulfilling prophecy... I have also been aware that I have turned inward. Not spending quality time with loved ones, just food. It’s a lot to untangle. I think self-love and positive thinking are where I should focus right now. I wouldn't yell at a friend who is having an anxiety meltdown, so I need to be a better friend to myself!

...[my mother] has been gone since 2005, but I still miss her so much!

I could have written this whole thing, except 2012 is the year for me. And I hear you about anxiety, a huge issue for me right now. And about negative self-thoughts... With you all the way. Hugs and love, you are not alone.
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

Trend week of...

For me, exhaustion is the number 1 trigger for binging - especially on sugary items. I definitely eat for energy to make it through the evening.

I am so sorry you are missing your mother. I can't imagine how difficult that is.