How gross is fast food to you

Options

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Fast food in general doesn't bother me. There are certain places I don't usually eat at (McD's, Taco Bell) but I never feel bad about chowing down on a burger from wendy's or a sammich from chick-fil-a. And for people who want to argue "but they put so many chemicals and preservatives in that stuff! It's so gross!" I would counter: Go in to your fridge or pantry, pull out anything with a label, and take a good look.
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Watch Food Inc. and then read up on how they take the manure exposed scrapings left over after butchering the cow, put ammonia in it, and then make those fast food burgers that everyone loves. The NY Times had a very enlightening article about the ammonia in fast food and prison beef.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I used to love the grilled chicken snack wraps at McDonalds when I was in college- it was relatively healthy compared to the other choices, and it was quick between classes... But I started doing my research as to what the "ingredients" were in their chicken (chicken shouldn't have more than *one* ingredient...) That was enough to repulse me. I haven't eaten there in about two years. I tried eating a double cheeseburger one day (was in a VERY small town- McDonald's was the only option for lunch). I had a disgusting stomach ache before I could even finish it.

I never had trouble eating fast food until I cleaned up my diet *a lot* in the last two years. My stomach just cannot handle the grease and fat that's in fast food anymore.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I find fast food repulsive. I have not consumed it in five years. The cure for me.....looking at a line at Mcdonalds.....The place that had 10 people in line, and 9 were morbidly obese... Im not saying that is the case everywhere or that fast food is the cause of obesity; Im just saying due to my experience I found fast food was not innocent.
    Nine out of 10 people in line at the grocery store are obese, too. Maybe you shouldn't shop there, either. :-)
    Depends what grocery store! Thank you for the input:)
    Every one I've ever been in.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do not label foods as good or bad, if it fits into my day, I eat it.

Pretty much this...

Agree with this although some things only in moderation :) But I need me a french fry every now and again! :tongue:

you mean chemically lab made flavored flash frozen potato that is then fried in a mimic faux french process? hence its name "french fry"
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Fast food in general doesn't bother me. There are certain places I don't usually eat at (McD's, Taco Bell) but I never feel bad about chowing down on a burger from wendy's or a sammich from chick-fil-a. And for people who want to argue "but they put so many chemicals and preservatives in that stuff! It's so gross!" I would counter: Go in to your fridge or pantry, pull out anything with a label, and take a good look.

^ I'll agree with the statement about Wendy's.. If I HAD to get a burger somewhere, it'd be there.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

^^^ This......
  • bcf7683
    Options
    I find fast food repulsive. I have not consumed it in five years. The cure for me.....looking at a line at Mcdonalds.....The place that had 10 people in line, and 9 were morbidly obese... Im not saying that is the case everywhere or that fast food is the cause of obesity; Im just saying due to my experience I found fast food was not innocent.
    Nine out of 10 people in line at the grocery store are obese, too. Maybe you shouldn't shop there, either. :-)

PS- Welcome to 'Merica!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I eat it once in a while and love it. Meh.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Okay:) It looks as if your shopping places and mine are two different places. Thanks, and now I will move on to other post:) Have a nice day!
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options

PS- Welcome to 'Merica!

Land of the Ignorant, Atomized, depoliticized and enslaved? That America?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

This. It is good to have a healthy relationship with food.

^ This, and I find the strong need to prove oneself as anti-fast food among the newly "converted" a bit desperate. Relax a bit. It's just food.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

PS- Welcome to 'Merica!

55569d1365197413-pt709-ejector-misaligned-anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg
  • HideyoshiKinoshita
    HideyoshiKinoshita Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Exactly. :)
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I dont go to fast foods much, but when I do, I get the real deal (five guys or something like that) not simili beef in simili bread with simili fries.

I may actually do my own fast food at home if I am so inclined, usualy doing fries in the oven though, but grinding my own meat, that makes the best burgers.

And yeah, I work it into my daily allowance
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I just knew from the title that this thread would be full of LOLs!

bruce_lee_lol_gif.gif
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well, the quality of the food set aside, when you think about being at the mercy of the food handler, it can get quite discusting. Nose picking, lack of hand washing, picking things up off the floor, cross contamination, under cooking and temperature control. These things are all out of site and there is no way of knowing if standards are being met.

After seeing an undercover program aimed at showing what really goes on behinds the scene, I am leary of fast food.

You know that isn't just limited to fast food right? That happens in restaurants across the board. Example: the Silversea Cruise Line just got in major trouble for hiding things from the CDC and racking up numerous serious violations during health inspections (http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5445). And this is a high-end cruise line, several levels above Carnival and Royal Caribbean.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's not that I think McDondald's is gourmet food, or the most nutritious, but that movie seemed exaggerated to me when I watched it.

When he would supersize the meals just because he was asked I just thought he was a dollars dummy. THEN when he would proceed to force himself to eat it I was screaming at the TV more than a husband on superbowl sunday. "DON'T EAT IT! STAHP IT! WHAT ARE YOU AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!" and so the rest just seemed contrived and deserved after that. It was hard to take any of the rest of it seriously after starting on such in idiotic premise.

Lemme know when they come out with Supersize 2.0 intelligent rational version. Maybe I'll watch that if there's no dramatic upheaval of the consumed fare.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

PS- Welcome to 'Merica!

Every time you post, you endear yourself to me more and more. :flowerforyou: