How gross is fast food to you

Options

Replies

• Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also I havnt ate a Mcdonalds in over 6 years...the less you eat of something the less you want to eat it!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    i bluddy love fast f00d, come at me brahs

Ya no, that fud will keel ya by the time ur 95, rite brah?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It isn't.

It's not particularly healthy food, but I've known that from the beginning and am always surprised when people find themselves shocked at how unhealthy it is. (I'm trying to stop myself from labeling food as good or bad, so unhealthy is my present choice even though I know it's also about quantity and quality.)

I am far more grossed out when people eat things like lobster or shrimp as opposed to your average fast food meal.

Now how some people eat them, that's a whole other world.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    If it makes people feel better to be politically correct about how they categorize food, that's their right, but it seems a bit odd. It is okay to label a food good or bad - food doesn't have feelings, so it won't be offended.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Fast food, sit down and dine in restaurants...no difference really. Subway, Jimmy Johns, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Golden Corral, Senor Tequila, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Chili's...whatever...they all have the same goal...buy as much food as they can for the least amount of money and feed an abundance of people and make a profit.

The food itself doesn't scare me, it all fits FDA standards and I'm not dead yet, so I figure its fine.

What scares me, and what I find gross...people...and what people are capable of in the food industry and what they are capable of doing to other peoples food while preparing it and serving it.

Tip your waitress...be polite to your server...be courteous and say thank you to the guy in the speaker in the drive thru...or face the wrath of the food industry worker.
  • dreams_only_last
    Options
    I used to love fast food, but ever since I have been trying to turn my eating habits around, I can't stand the taste of processed foods! I've been eating a lot more fruit and veggies lately and my taste buds have made a complete 180 degree turn for the better. When I have to eat fast food, I can barely stand it because I can taste the chemicals in it. I know it sounds kind of weird. Now, I always keep some healthy snacks in my car so that I can avoid going to the drive thru.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Seriously, people, fast food is not the enemy. Stop letting the media dictate how you should feel about everything, including yourselves.

I totally agree with you. Everything in moderation. I don't mind me a McDs when I'm ready but no more than twice a month.
  • lauriebarrettcorson
    Options
    Filet-O-Fish is a particular weakness, so I rarely go to McDonalds. I think it's the bun that makes them so good. My son recently started working there. After he started coming home and telling me all about their food, I don't get tempted to eat there anymore and neither does he.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I love fast food. But I regret it after I eat it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The only thing I miss since going vegetarian is McDonald's fries. They fry them in beef fat. :-(

Wait what? In beef fat? o_o
    Somehow I was not expecting this :noway:

It's a canola/soy oil blend, not beef fat. I think years ago it was delicious glorious beef fat, but they switched.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Basically if I eat bad food then try to go for a run it hinders how far I can go, therefore as soon as you begin to exercise you will see the effect it is actually having on your body and you will learn to eat for fuel. :)

I don't run everyday, so can I continue to not shame food and have a burger once in a while?
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    i bluddy love fast f00d, come at me brahs

Ya no, that fud will keel ya by the time ur 95, rite brah?

i think im already ded
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Basically if I eat bad food then try to go for a run it hinders how far I can go, therefore as soon as you begin to exercise you will see the effect it is actually having on your body and you will learn to eat for fuel. :)

Lol. K then...

I don't run, I lift heavy, so I'm cool to keep eating 'bad' food, right?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It really grosses me out. It doesnt stop me from eating it, but really only have a a couple times of year.

Unless you count pizza...I love pizza.

pizza is not fast food :noway:
  • mochakochalatte
    mochakochalatte Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I tried eating Mcdonalds for the first time in over a year and my body rejected it within 30 mins. It was horrible. It was so not worth it!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    What scares me, and what I find gross...people...and what people are capable of in the food industry and what they are capable of doing to other peoples food while preparing it and serving it.

Tip your waitress...be polite to your server...be courteous and say thank you to the guy in the speaker in the drive thru...or face the wrath of the food industry worker.

Of course even if you do all of that, there are just still some miserable people in the food industry.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I read a book once too. It was called see spot run to go get some fast food. It was good, and inspirational.

man-eating-fast-food.gif
  • EasilyLed
    Options
    And while I'm all for teaching children to eat healthy, teaching them that certain things are "bad" is a good way to ensure they have a really horrible relationship with food later on.

Yes this!

Yep. I couldn't figure out why I was bothered by her first post and that's it exactly.

Indeed, part of the reason I'm in this mess is I inherited some rather toxic food relationships from my Mother. it's taken until my mid-20's to even figure out what some of them are.
    e.g.
    clean plate = good
    happiness = food

Also all fried goods were banned from the house, so when I did get a bit of control over my own diet I went overboard on chips and white bread. Just like my friend who was an enforced veggie, as soon as she had a chance every meal was a Big Mac.

So you just have to wait 20 years for that time bomb to go off!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I really don't like beef so a lot of fast food is gross to me... well the beef kind :laugh: but the rest is yummy. I just don't have it often because it's hard to fit into my calorie and macro goals without feeling hungry all day. plus I do love my veggies and fruits and feel they help me out nutrient-wise :smile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Lol. K then...

I don't run, I lift heavy, so I'm cool to keep eating 'bad' food, right?

I like beer and cheeseburger fueled runs myself