How gross is fast food to you

Options

Replies

• EasilyLed
    Options
    And while I'm all for teaching children to eat healthy, teaching them that certain things are "bad" is a good way to ensure they have a really horrible relationship with food later on.

Absolutely not true.
    Bcattoes has spoken. I must be wrong.

Dang, my childhood just must have been my imagination then! Glad that was all cleared up!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell fiend, myself. I can go without the burgers forever, but to give up Taco Bell? Not if I have the calories for it. :)

3 words... Doritos Locos Tacos

:flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    And while I'm all for teaching children to eat healthy, teaching them that certain things are "bad" is a good way to ensure they have a really horrible relationship with food later on.

Absolutely not true.

You are wrong. NOTHING "ensures" a really horrible relationship with food.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I find fast food disgusting. I have not eaten it in years. I'm also the mean mom who will not allow her children to eat a happy meal, or any food from McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's, etc........ full of GMO's and processed crap. Now whenever we pass a McDonalds, my 3 year old announces how yucky it is and that it's not good for you. - Yes, I'm PROUD of that!

I don't care what others do, you want to eat fast food 3x a day every single day, good for you. I don't judge people for it. My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt where I will put a spoonful of whatever topping I want.

Lol and your diary is full of processed crap as well, pot meet kettle

my diary is full of processed crap? hardly....

What is all the stuff form Trader Joe's? Unprocessed? All the various bars that you consume, are they also unprocessed?

I like how she doesn't even say anything back to this, HA. Seriously though, just because something is gluten free doesn't mean it's unprocessed and good for you. I don't care if you're "gluten intolerant", it doesn't make that stuff not processed. How do you think they get the gluten out of that stuff? Magic?? It pisses me off when I see people turn up their nose at a certain type of food while they feed their kid gluten free cookies. Pot meet kettle is right.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this thread has been HIGHLY entertaining and caused me to stop working to read through it all, lol. I love when people say they're eating healthy and are at Subway or some other sandwich shop when they "claim" they eat clean. What?!? I don't care what you eat, but don't for a second fool yourself into thinking that Subway or Quizno's or any sandwich shop is all that much better than McDonald's or Taco Bell or whatever. If you like it, eat it. Find a way to fit it in. And, stop thinking you're better than everyone else, because you turn your nose up to fast food. Pah-lease.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Absolutely not true.

Not worth it...
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My family eats out once a week on Friday night.

At work, I see folks eating fast food for lunch every day and they're obese.

For those of you knocking the runners who choose to eat less greasy food... My tummy is very sensitive. If I've been eating greasy food, I can guarantee that the trots will descend upon my bowels and the bathroom will be at least 3 miles away. It sucks.

ETA: Burgers are way better than those gawd awful protein shakes. I'm so &*$&#)ing sick of those things.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Absolutely not true.

Lol, where does it say it WILL ensure. It reads "it's a good way to..."

Um ... see bolded section. What makes this a good way to ensure something?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I love fast food. I used to eat it on the regular. I haven't gone in a while (probably since February) because I find that it's a slippery slope. If I do end up in that drive through I always come away with WAY more food than I want or need. It has nothing to do with how "gross" or how "bad" the food is for me, I just can't control myself. Until I get to maintenance and can afford the extra calories or learn to control myself I just don't eat it.

In N Out is a different story though.... is that even considered fast food? Because that **** is delicious.
  • RGv2
    Options

Absolutely not true.

Um ... see bolded section.

It still doesn't say it WILL ensure, it says it's a good way to. Whatever, I know the expression and get the just of the post, apparently not all do..
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food around two or three times per month. I know that it's completely unhealthy and horrible for my body, but sometimes I just can't help it. :love:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Absolutely not true.

HAHA Juicy Juice
  • bcattoes
    Options

Absolutely not true.

It still doesn't say it WILL ensure, it says it's a good way to. Whatever, I knew what they meant..

I only know what they typed. But perhaps you have some secret knowledge that they were misusing words.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    It isn't.

It's not particularly healthy food, but I've known that from the beginning and am always surprised when people find themselves shocked at how unhealthy it is. (I'm trying to stop myself from labeling food as good or bad, so unhealthy is my present choice even though I know it's also about quantity and quality.)

I am far more grossed out when people eat things like lobster or shrimp as opposed to your average fast food meal.

Now how some people eat them, that's a whole other world.

Bottom feeding insect monsters? Three words. Om. Nom. Nom.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Absolutely not true.

It still doesn't say it WILL ensure, it says it's a good way to. Whatever, I knew what they meant..

I only know what they typed. But perhaps you have some secret knowledge that they were misusing words.
    It was just explained to you very clearly. If you're still confused I don't know what else anyone can do for you.
  • tnpxx
    tnpxx Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Personally, I know it isn't good for me, but as a college student who is on the go almost all of the time sometimes it's hard to avoid. I don't find it gross unless you're talking about chicken McNuggets, I won't touch those, but I never liked them even as a child.
    However, I think it's important to realize that MOST of the food you eat, even from grocery stores, has become "sub par" especially meats. There are so many hormones put into beef and chicken and lots of chemicals in almost everything even fruits and vegetables. It's all about mass production!
    So yes, I still eat at fast food places but I try to choose better options and only occasionally succumb to french fries (: I don't put anything as "off limits" or tell myself I "absolutely can't have that" because I've found that it only makes me crave it and want it that much more. I try to have a healthy relationship with food and in order to do that I will allow myself something not so good for me every once in awhile in moderation because otherwise I'd go crazy and end up binging like I use to do.
  • chatpeau
    chatpeau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this video shedding light on just what is in that McDo and Taco Bell, made by Jamie Oliver during his crusade against fast food chains using pink slime in their burgers and tacos, might help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30
    Pink slime is deemed to be unfit for human consumption until it is treated by ammonia to sterilize it - it is a gross gross thing...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hey buddy, fast food is delicious and convenient. Stop food shaming. :angry:
  • RGv2
    Options

Apparently I do,

Saying doing "blah blah blah" is a "good way" to do something isn't saying it will be a 100% guarantee. It's saying, this would be a good way to try to do it, not that it's a 100% lock.

Saying this is a good way to ensure isn't the same as saying it WILL ensure.

But whatever.....
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I think this video shedding light on just what is in that McDo and Taco Bell, made by Jamie Oliver during his crusade against fast food chains using pink slime in their burgers and tacos, might help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30
    Pink slime is deemed to be unfit for human consumption until it is treated by ammonia to sterilize it - it is a gross gross thing...

you shut your mouth!!!