How gross is fast food to you

Options

Replies

• Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt

Are you one of the people who thinks frozen yogurt is nutritionally superior to ice cream? Or do you just happen to like frozen yogurt?

And what's Smashburger?

No I'm not, my daughter doesn't like ice cream, and we both prefer frozen yogurt to it. I'm not saying it's more nutritious, just that it's my idea of eating junk food.

And yes, Smashburger is a fast food place..... their burgers are not frozen and are prepared when you order them. I don't eat them because of the sodium, but on the RARE occassion (like this past weekend since you checked out my diary), I do eat there, I ask for the grilled chicken, grilled DRY without all the toppings except for the avocado. Not the healthiest, but a much healthier option.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i love fast food.

lol @ supersize me being a source.

you know he ate 5,000-5,500 calories a day?
    I've never been able to figure out what the big deal is about this "documentary." He ate the worst things on the menu three meals a day for 30 days. Did he expect a different result? Did anyone?

Even when I ate fast food regularly, I didn't eat it THAT much! And I was thin and healthy, too. I mostly don't eat it now because of the vegetarian thing. Most of the veg options they have aren't very appetizing and I'd rather be hungry and wait for a better option these days. I only eat it when I have no choice (which has happened exactly twice).

hes a dope and a con. people saw him gain weight eating mcdonalds and all the negative effects it had on his body. well yeah...no duh. it always pointed out how much FAT and SODIUM was in his meals, but never how many calories he was taking in vs how many he needed.

that movie was all about the knee-jerk reaction.
    if im not mistaken there was a rebuttal film.
    There was. I can't remember the name of it, but I believe the guy ate fast food three times a day for 30 days, but a reasonable amount and he lost weight or something like that.

It was Fat Head.

Also there was this dude - http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

Nutrition professor who lost 27lbs in 2 months eating junk food. Mostly snack cakes and chips.

just more proof for the anti cals in<cals out crowd. lulz.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Did you know mcdonalds uses leftover animal parts for their meat? Like chicken heads and feet. They don't use the "good stuff" I'm a vegetarian but yea it's gross.

Source? Right.
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I find fast food disgusting. I have not eaten it in years. I'm also the mean mom who will not allow her children to eat a happy meal, or any food from McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's, etc........ full of GMO's and processed crap. Now whenever we pass a McDonalds, my 3 year old announces how yucky it is and that it's not good for you. - Yes, I'm PROUD of that!

I don't care what others do, you want to eat fast food 3x a day every single day, good for you. I don't judge people for it. My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt where I will put a spoonful of whatever topping I want.

Lol and your diary is full of processed crap as well, pot meet kettle

my diary is full of processed crap? hardly....
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I find fast food disgusting. I have not eaten it in years. I'm also the mean mom who will not allow her children to eat a happy meal, or any food from McDonalds/Burger King/Wendy's, etc........ full of GMO's and processed crap. Now whenever we pass a McDonalds, my 3 year old announces how yucky it is and that it's not good for you. - Yes, I'm PROUD of that!

I don't care what others do, you want to eat fast food 3x a day every single day, good for you. I don't judge people for it. My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt where I will put a spoonful of whatever topping I want.

You can NOT be serious! You eat more processed crap than I do and I eat fast food on occasion...What a joke!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I dob't label things as good or bad, but for me, I could eat better quality and better foods for cheaper, so I generally avoid it. They also tend to be more macro and micro friendly, so that's just a win win for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I had nuggets last night before I worked out. They were tasty and helped me make my fat macro (I woulda been under otherwise since I just made it) so I'm gonna say not gross and in fact awesome if it fit your goals/macros.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

my diary is full of processed crap? hardly....

What is all the stuff form Trader Joe's? Unprocessed? All the various bars that you consume, are they also unprocessed?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    When I walk by and smell the fries in the air I want to vomit. Said no one, EVER.

Stop lying to yourself and learn how to eat responsibly lol

"Stop lying to yourself"?? Sounds like you are suggesting that because you like it everyone who says they don't is obviously lying?

Not eating fast food =/= not eating responsibly.

No, the OP keeps making his way to the drive thru, and knows the food is "bad" but he obviously likes eating it, or passing the drive thru wouldn't be an issue would it?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I ate at McDonalds on Friday....it was good.

Calling "Supersize Me" a documentary has brought the Lulz.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My idea of junk food is our weekly outing for frozen yogurt

Are you one of the people who thinks frozen yogurt is nutritionally superior to ice cream? Or do you just happen to like frozen yogurt?

And what's Smashburger?

No I'm not, my daughter doesn't like ice cream, and we both prefer frozen yogurt to it. I'm not saying it's more nutritious, just that it's my idea of eating junk food.

And yes, Smashburger is a fast food place..... their burgers are not frozen and are prepared when you order them. I don't eat them because of the sodium, but on the RARE occassion (like this past weekend since you checked out my diary), I do eat there, I ask for the grilled chicken, grilled DRY without all the toppings except for the avocado. Not the healthiest, but a much healthier option.
    So freezing a burger somehow makes it less healthy than if it's not frozen? A burger is a burger is a burger. And while I'm all for teaching children to eat healthy, teaching them that certain things are "bad" is a good way to ensure they have a really horrible relationship with food later on.

I wondered about the frozen yogurt mostly because a lot of people seem to believe it's significantly lower in calories, fat and sugar and it isn't. It's actually higher in sugar and the calorie and fat difference is negligible. But it is very good, I agree.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    And while I'm all for teaching children to eat healthy, teaching them that certain things are "bad" is a good way to ensure they have a really horrible relationship with food later on.

Yes this!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I know how bad it is. I read the book fast food nation and I mostly trust and agree with the information in it. I've seen super size me. I regret eating that junk every single time.
    Yet I find myself mindlessly driving thru ordering the usual.

I would like to know how disgusting you find fast high-calorie low nutrient food, in my effort to find it uneatable.
    And for the one's who'll say it's delicious and tell us their favorite mcdonalds joke or pun, I'll let a ha ha out in advance.

But seriously does anybody else know how bad it is, and still eat it regularly? what do you tell yourself to stop it?

Thank you

I don't find McDonalds or anything like that disgusting, however, I just don't like any of it, so never eat it. Nothing to do with whether it is high in calories or junk etc, it just never fills me up for longer than ten minutes, therefore, to me it is empty calories.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    i bluddy love fast f00d, come at me brahs
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    And while I'm all for teaching children to eat healthy, teaching them that certain things are "bad" is a good way to ensure they have a really horrible relationship with food later on.

Yes this!

Yep. I couldn't figure out why I was bothered by her first post and that's it exactly.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    you mean chemically lab made flavored flash frozen potato that is then fried in a mimic faux french process? hence its name "french fry"

Exactly, and they are delicous :)
    The only thing I miss since going vegetarian is McDonald's fries. They fry them in beef fat. :-(

So that's what makes them taste so good..
  • Firestar98
    Firestar98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I could eat a Dairy Queen blizzard (or three) every day for a year straight. Yay fast food!

Taco John's on taco tuesday is pretty great as well, around $2 for three crispy tacos!

As many have noted above, I eat what fits into my diet. Fast food vs. "non-fast food" vs. homecooked meal = the same food, it all boils down to the macros and the calories.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    In NYC, there are no drive throughs, so one has to go inside the store.

Once I smell that signature smell of stale fryer grease and bleach, I can't bring myself to order anything. It just smells so bad to me!
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Basically if I eat bad food then try to go for a run it hinders how far I can go, therefore as soon as you begin to exercise you will see the effect it is actually having on your body and you will learn to eat for fuel. :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

THIS! I honestly don't think people understand that the processed food we buy and eat daily is just as bad if not worse than fast food.