Not eating enough for loosing a weight???!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    Your questions are not stupid and you seem willing to learn and to apply new knowledge. :)

I'm not sure where you got 2100 BMR from though

I agree with others that 1200 is going to be too low a calorie setting for you - but I cant see it being as high as 2100 either.

Can you post your height and current weight so posters can put your stats through MFP themselves to check this is right.

( We already know you are female, 30 years old and at least lightly active)

She said she is 137kg, her BMI likely is @2100.

yes, thats my weigjt (((stepping on scale tomorrow, hopefully will be less.. Will loce5if someone help me with this calorie allowance, I found a link to calculate it here in must read

So not knowing your height, I plugged in that you were slightly active, and then 30 for your age, your weight, and presumed 5'4" for height into this calculator: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

It showed me a BMR of 2096, so just about 2100.

It showed a TDEE of 2882.

That means to lose two pounds a week, you should eat in the ballpark of 1882 -- but, then you're not adding any exercise calories back in, because this *includes* your exercise activity.

Oh thanks a lot, I better understand metric so I'm 167cm, 137kg,30
    Active, I don't know how to count this yet, I'm standing all day long on feet, about 8k to 12k steps, around 20 floors.. this is like 5 days a week, days off less... but I'm doing joga, not sure if I'm burning something with joga, doing just becouse back pain

MFP set me on 1850 so I'll stick with that then

Thanks a lot again

Hi, 2 weeks later I realize I'm loosing a weight with only 1200 ccal a day... can I carry on with this?? or you think will be better to eat more??

It's not 2 weeks later, you first posted on 24th May
  • Kate_therapist1
    Kate_therapist1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Your questions are not stupid and you seem willing to learn and to apply new knowledge. :)

I agree with others that 1200 is going to be too low a calorie setting for you - but I cant see it being as high as 2100 either.

Can you post your height and current weight so posters can put your stats through MFP themselves to check this is right.

yes, thats my weigjt (((stepping on scale tomorrow, hopefully will be less.. Will loce5if someone help me with this calorie allowance, I found a link to calculate it here in must read

So not knowing your height, I plugged in that you were slightly active, and then 30 for your age, your weight, and presumed 5'4" for height into this calculator: https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

That means to lose two pounds a week, you should eat in the ballpark of 1882 -- but, then you're not adding any exercise calories back in, because this *includes* your exercise activity.

Active, I don't know how to count this yet, I'm standing all day long on feet, about 8k to 12k steps, around 20 floors.. this is like 5 days a week, days off less... but I'm doing joga, not sure if I'm burning something with joga, doing just becouse back pain

Thanks a lot again

Hi, 2 weeks later I realize I'm loosing a weight with only 1200 ccal a day... can I carry on with this?? or you think will be better to eat more??

How much weight in two weeks?

I have lost 4,5kg in 10 days
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    try2again wrote: »

Thanks a lot again

After all this discussion, why on earth would you choose the bare minimum of calories for a woman? :(

I know, I'm sorry.. I just thought I would listen to my body...
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Thanks a lot again

It's not 2 weeks later, you first posted on 24th May

Sorry 2 weeks working on myself.. I posted because I wasn't sure if I'm doing it correctly...
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Thanks a lot again

After all this discussion, why on earth would you choose the bare minimum of calories for a woman? :(

Your body says, "Lose weight at a healthy, sustainable rate and fuel my activity." :)

OP, truly- stick with the 1800 or so MFP gave you, get a food scale and make sure you are logging your calories accurately, and in 4-6 weeks, reevaluate based on your results.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options

Thanks a lot again

That's too fast, even at your weight. But I think you just started to lose, so some could be water weight. If it doesn't slow down soon, you definitely need to eat more.
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Thanks a lot again

Your body says, "Lose weight at a healthy, sustainable rate and fuel my activity." :)

OP, truly- stick with the 1800 or so MFP gave you, get a food scale and make sure you are logging your calories accurately, and in 4-6 weeks, reevaluate based on your results.

Stick with the 1800 or so MFP gave you, get a food scale and make sure you are logging your calories accurately, and in 4-6 weeks, reevaluate based on your results.

Maybe more repetition?

OK, I got a food scale... learning, hopefully doing good. Will try to eat more... Thank you
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 180 lbs, 43 years old, and can lose on 2100 calories a day. Trust it, @Kate_therapist1
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Thanks a lot again

Stick with the 1800 or so MFP gave you, get a food scale and make sure you are logging your calories accurately, and in 4-6 weeks, reevaluate based on your results.

Maybe more repetition?

OK, I got a food scale... learning, hopefully doing good. Will try to eat more... Thank you

Understood.. no more repetition, I promise... thanks a lot guys!! ❤️
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options

Thanks a lot again

That's too fast, even at your weight. But I think you just started to lose, so some could be water weight. If it doesn't slow down soon, you definitely need to eat more.

It kind of hard when you see weight dropping to eat more. But I trust your experience... Don't want risk my health... thank you a lot
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Get a trending weight application.
    Understand that you cannot change yourself in one day, or one week, or one month.
    Personally I would be aiming for a 25% deficit which would bring you to over 2000 Cal.
    But I will join the chorus instead!
    "Stick with the 1800 or so MFP gave you, get a food scale and make sure you are logging your calories accurately, and in 4-6 weeks, reevaluate based on your results"
  • Kate_therapist1
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Get a trending weight application.
    Understand that you cannot change yourself in one day, or one week, or one month.
    Personally I would be aiming for a 25% deficit which would bring you to over 2000 Cal.
    But I will join the chorus instead!
    "Stick with the 1800 or so MFP gave you, get a food scale and make sure you are logging your calories accurately, and in 4-6 weeks, reevaluate based on your results"

Thank you.