June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    4 miles in today. 2.2 were week 5 day 1 of C25K. 33.4 miles to go.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk - the best adventure I have been on in while was going to Costa Rica with my daughter. We had a blast, ran in the jungle, saw wild toucans and all kinds of other wild life (butterflies, frogs, monkeys, etc.) as well as running and hiking around on the beach and lazing in the pool at the hotel. It wasn't horrendously expensive once you got there and I had lots of airline miles to use up. Oh and also the food is amazing!

@ladysnickerdoo - the operative word in your reply to @PastorVincent is 'yet'!

Don't think I will make my goal this month but I am planning to get out and run tomorrow. May have to leave Hobbes the Vizsla home though after our raisin scare today but I will see if he is still doing ok in the morning.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk We did the slot canyons in northern AZ plus Zion Bryce Arches and Canyonlands. Not sure August is the best time for that...
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ariceroni wrote: »
    What do you guys do to help bounce back from a bad workout/run?
    I think about whether or not it's an indicator that I could be developing an injury or that I may be overtraining. Sometimes neither is the case, it can just be a bad day, other conditions, not enough sleep or too much stress. I have a new Garmin 35 that I have been using since the beginning of the year that has a V02 max measure.(I do not put too much stock in the measure itself as I doubt it is accurate.) I use the measure as a comparison of how I am doing from one day/week/month to the next. For some reason this number drop off a little in April with little explanation but then it returned to previous levels in May. I think it was a slowdown on my body due to pushing hard for a PR 10k. I achieved the record but my body needed to recover. I am interested to see if this will also happen after my half this month.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk - the most adventurous I have been in while was when I agreed to let my wife cook dinner last week! :s
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    For all the ladies who run, or want to run, sans shirt. June 24th there is a Global Sports Bra Squad challenge http://shecanandshedid.com/blog/global-sportsbrasquad-day-2018-meetups

Hmm. I already do this every day on the treadmill in my house. Does that count? :smile: Not sure if I could do it out in public though. My body image is awful, especially since gaining weight.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    6/1 = 4 miles
    6/2 = 5.5 miles
    6/3 = 10 miles
    6/4 = 3 miles
    6/5 = forced rest day (stupid work)
    6/6 = 13 miles
    6/7 = Vinyasa yoga class
    6/8 = 12 miles
    6/9 = rest day
    6/10 = 8 miles
    6/11 = 4 miles & 45 minutes strength training
    6/12 = Vinyasa yoga class
    6/13 = 10 miles
    6/14 = 30 minutes strength training at home
    6/15 = 14 miles

150 goal miles / 83.5 miles complete

Upcoming Races (so far):
    6/23/2018 -Fit Foodie 5k
    10/10/2018 -Tough Mudder Half
    10/27/2018 -Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    1/26/2019 -Fitbit Topical 5k
    1/27/2019 -Miami Marathon
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    For all the ladies who run, or want to run, sans shirt. June 24th there is a Global Sports Bra Squad challenge http://shecanandshedid.com/blog/global-sportsbrasquad-day-2018-meetups

Hmmm....I usually have Sundays as my rest days. That's a work day for me, but, ya know, I just may have to crank out a mile & break out of my comfort zone in support! Run - outside - WITHOUT a shirt?! Yipes!

Almost put off todays run, but thought the better of it. Run time: 0810, 79 degrees, 90% humidity, 76 DP, and this bright chick decides "well, you are out already, might add another 5 mins on. Sure. Why not? Get to the end, and then have to get up to 2 miles since I was so close...Remind me again why we do this?

6/4 - 1.64 miles
    6/6 - 1.55 miles
    6/9 - 1.67 miles
    6/12 - 1.65 miles
    6/15 - 2.01 miles (8.52 total)