Coke zero

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    tlpina82 wrote: »
    For the bolded ingredients, why did you bold them? What's wrong with, say, potassium citrate?

Good Question.
    Potassium Citrate is a chemical compound used to reduce acidity.

In medicine it can be used to reduce the effects of Gout and the formation of Kidney Stones.
    It is intended for short term use to control specific symptoms.

Long term exposure may cause hyperkalemia (Excessive Potassium in the Blood). Hyperkalemia symptoms are dizzyness, irregular heart rhythm, mood swings and confusion, numbness and tingling sensations etc.

Basically, you're drinking an Anti-Corrosive, although very mild, because Coke Zero tastes good.
    Put 10 years of exposure into it, that's when problems exacerbate.

Proof?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The "I don't know what it is, so you should be afraid of it" school of dietary analysis is probably my least favorite.

Up until the 70s, consumer products including christmas decorations and baby powder contained a serpentine mineral called Chrysotile. People didn't know about it, they read mineral, so they assumed it was ok.
    The serpentine mineral Chrysotile is commonly known as White Asbestos.

The "I don't know what it is, so you should be afraid of it" school of dietary analysis sucks, but then again, it is right every now and then.

You're assuming the only alternative to being afraid of the unknown is blindly embracing everything unknown.

I prefer to find out what something is and then make my consumption decisions based on that.

That's interesting, because you first attempted to mock someone.
    And are now attempting to be
    For the bolded ingredients, why did you bold them? What's wrong with, say, potassium citrate?

Good Question.
    Potassium Citrate is a chemical compound used to reduce acidity.

In medicine it can be used to reduce the effects of Gout and the formation of Kidney Stones.
    It is intended for short term use to control specific symptoms.

Long term exposure may cause hyperkalemia (Excessive Potassium in the Blood). Hyperkalemia symptoms are dizzyness, irregular heart rhythm, mood swings and confusion, numbness and tingling sensations etc.

Basically, you're drinking an Anti-Corrosive, although very mild, because Coke Zero tastes good.
    Put 10 years of exposure into it, that's when problems exacerbate.

Proof?

Pick up a Potassium Citrate based controlled compound and read the drug description leaflet.

I should list all of the side effects and if you pickup one that is prescription based in the US, it should also list the possible long term side effects.
    Beyond that, you can ask your doctor to show it to you in his BMA or Prescription Guide. Every doctor should have one.

I'm sorry, if this is directed to me, I have no idea what you mean by this. What exactly do you find interesting?