Science undecided of CICO?

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    All1971 wrote: »
    The model that AnvilHead posted in his response to me had a variable (tendency to preserve energy) that, based on my understanding of the CICO model, should not be there if you believe the CICO model is correct and accurate. Thats why I keep asking for somebody who believes in the CICO model to explain to me how to reconcile this inconsistency.

This is easy enough to answer. You don't understand the inner workings of human energy usage well enough to know what fits and doesn't in the model. Don't feel bad, I don't either.

My first thought when I saw the model was that it meant the human body is not in the habit of pouring a gallon of water into a thimble. A tendency to preserve seemed to just mean a tendency not to waste. I saw the other explanation and that made sense too. If you were not properly prepared and you were running a marathon would you want your body to expend all available energy on the activity and leave you nothing for basic function? Nope. That is a good way to end up dead.