becarrah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Internet is not working. My reaction is proportionally unreasonable. 😈
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from
    My ex today after visiting with my Kid’s pediologist. Things have been rough for me financially lately but I busted my *kitten* to get to see my kids unsupervisied and when she lived with me I busted my *kitten* and worked two jobs for 3 years so she could stay home because she was sick or so she could stay home with the kids. NOW she still has no job and lives with her parents.

How does someone who literally hasn’t contributed a dime to these kids supposed to send me a message like this? Are you kidding?

Am I over reacting?

This makes me sick.

Of course you're not overreacting. Unfortunately though, there is probably not going to be a future moment in which she will start seeing things from your perspective. Or at least let slip that she does... I doubt that she's this removed from reality.

There is all the proof and reason on one hand, and then there's interest on the other. We are talking about interest here.

Best you can do is honor the contract and nothing more on the business side, and apart from that... try to keep things as reasonable as possible, with as good a home climate as can be for the kids.

Hugs to you, Noah. You are a great person and you'll get through this.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    It was pouring so bad this morning that there was a solid inch of water everywhere. Which my sneakers were happy to take on board for the weirdest, crappiest slushing-while-walking feeling ever. My socks are out to dry in the office now.

And OF COURSE everything stopped and the sun came out the very moment I got to work. Of course.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Wwwhhhhyyyy did i sign up for this :'(
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from
    My ex today after visiting with my Kid’s pediologist. Things have been rough for me financially lately but I busted my *kitten* to get to see my kids unsupervisied and when she lived with me I busted my *kitten* and worked two jobs for 3 years so she could stay home because she was sick or so she could stay home with the kids. NOW she still has no job and lives with her parents.

How does someone who literally hasn’t contributed a dime to these kids supposed to send me a message like this? Are you kidding?

Am I over reacting?

absolutely not. people who do not contribute financially and do not work - have absolutely no idea how it is on people who do - they have no value system except for the warped one they make up in their minds. its sad actually this woman provides a bad example for your kids to view.

I was a single mother - an only parent - only provider - for the last 25 years - omg men have had it hard - and when the woman they are FINANCIALLY supporting does and says things like above...omg its hard to stay composed.

lazy judgmental "kitten" with a strange sense of entitlement. :|

• ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

Sorry to see this kinda stuff. My thought is put your foot down and ask her that question. All the best.

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

Sorry to see this kinda stuff. My thought is put your foot down and ask her that question. All the best.

Agreed. Call her out on it, N. Then keep doing what you do, your responsibility is the kids, not making her happy anymore. As long you meet your responsibilities with them, that's all that matters. Kids are observant, they will realize who works their butts off for them and who doesn't as they grow.
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

Agreed. Call her out on it, N. Then keep doing what you do, your responsibility is the kids, not making her happy anymore. As long you meet your responsibilities with them, that's all that matters. Kids are observant, they will realize who works their butts off for them and who doesn't as they grow.

This is what I keep telling myself about my ex and my kids. Just keep your head up and do the things you need to. And don’t let her bait you into saying anything you’ll regret. Especially in texts.
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My tolerance for imbeciles is extremely low today. I used to have an immunity built up, but obviously there is a new strain out there.

@laprimaJenny big time same. my introvert status is at an all time high right now...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

This is what I keep telling myself about my ex and my kids. Just keep your head up and do the things you need to. And don’t let her bait you into saying anything you’ll regret. Especially in texts.

Exactly.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

There is truth to it. My exAunt/uncle went through a bad divorce, and the mom put alot of effort into poisoning the kids against their dad. In their teens they started seeing through things and ended up losing alot of respect for her. Unfortunatly, it takes some time for them to grow up and see things for themselves a bit though.

And good advice on the texts!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Why do so many funny and interesting women still resort to talking about sex here almost exclusively? There’s nothing wrong with having a healthy sex drive, but please, for the love of god.. don’t start believing that it makes you more interesting.

So be yourself. Make the stupid pun. Dodge that easy sexual reference. Tell on yourself. Tease someone. Talk about your travels.

Your sexuality doesn’t define you. You’re better than that, trust me.

Does this only apply to women? Asking for a friend.

It's me. I am a true friend to myself. :ohwell:

You could stand to tone it down a bit too. :smirk:
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Why do so many funny and interesting women still resort to talking about sex here almost exclusively? There’s nothing wrong with having a healthy sex drive, but please, for the love of god.. don’t start believing that it makes you more interesting.

So be yourself. Make the stupid pun. Dodge that easy sexual reference. Tell on yourself. Tease someone. Talk about your travels.

I think your asking a lot here but I agree.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Sex, money and drugs sell.

What do you sell money for?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Probably a little less than asking
  • Caporegiem
    Options

The whole thing confuses me. This is why I only deal in doubloons, I can buy all the sex and drugs and bitcoins I want with them.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

The whole thing confuses me. This is why I only deal in doubloons, I can buy all the sex and drugs and bitcoins I want with them.

How many doubloons do you have

About tree-fiddy of them.