Vent here

Options

Replies

• itwentthere
    itwentthere Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    My trousers fused to my behind and every time I get up I need to peel them off.
    I am seriously thinking about shaving my head.

Hot and hot
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Temporarily living with my 91yr old mother.
    MOM, TURN DOWN THE TELEVISION!
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    aidydh wrote: »
    For the first time in my life I have the freedom and ability to go after the job position that I REALLY prefer, but can't get past the fact that I would have to give up a lucrative position, work at minimum wage, study for another 5-7 years, and rack up another 100K in student loans.

I went to college/university 4 times, so I understand where you’re coming from in regards to student debt. And I am paying student debt out my *kitten* BUT I’m a lot happier now, doing what I should be doing and I’ll be even happier once my school debt is paid off. You only get one life, and yeah the 5 years of school is a good chunk but it’s small in the bigger picture of how many working years you have left. Do something where you’ll be happy to wake up and show up.

I had a dream over the weekend where I met up with my old choir teacher from high school and he was telling me about how he had started a new internship that he was hoping would lead to a highly desired position. To which my reply to him was, "Aren't you too old to be doing that?" (He's got to be in his late 70s now)

The dream had me thinking that if I really wanted to pursue my preferred job I need to start this NOW. I don't mind my job now. I'm good at it. I like it. I could retire in 20 years with a nice pension. It's not what I would really prefer to be doing.

Since I posted, I'm actually trying to figure out a way to make the dream job happen. Wheels are still turning in my brain.
  • Vartouhi0
    Vartouhi0 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can’t find a good reasonable priced preschool!! $300 a week is to much wtf!!!
  • Vartouhi0
    Vartouhi0 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I want to go on a hike but husband works 12 hour days 🤨
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @CaptainFantastic01 hugs for you!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    Vartouhi0 wrote: »
    I can’t find a good reasonable priced preschool!! $300 a week is to much wtf!!!

yeah thats pretty high, I live in one of the most expensive areas for childcare and that is infant rates here
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    These effin allergies r killing me

I second this :s
    My garbage basket is getting to be full already and it was empty this morning.. :'(
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from
    My ex today after visiting with my Kid’s pediologist. Things have been rough for me financially lately but I busted my *kitten* to get to see my kids unsupervisied and when she lived with me I busted my *kitten* and worked two jobs for 3 years so she could stay home because she was sick or so she could stay home with the kids. NOW she still has no job and lives with her parents.

How does someone who literally hasn’t contributed a dime to these kids supposed to send me a message like this? Are you kidding?

Am I over reacting?

I don't have nearly enough info but my best guess is she's just trying to control you by making you feel bad so she doesn't have to work. I've seen that kind of thing before. Let me guess, if that doesn't work does she then threaten you with something, or to take away something if you don't do what she wants?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from
    My ex today after visiting with my Kid’s pediologist. Things have been rough for me financially lately but I busted my *kitten* to get to see my kids unsupervisied and when she lived with me I busted my *kitten* and worked two jobs for 3 years so she could stay home because she was sick or so she could stay home with the kids. NOW she still has no job and lives with her parents.

How does someone who literally hasn’t contributed a dime to these kids supposed to send me a message like this? Are you kidding?

Am I over reacting?

I don't have nearly enough info but my best guess is she's just trying to control you by making you feel bad so she doesn't have to work. I've seen that kind of thing before. Let me guess, if that doesn't work does she then threaten you with something, or to take away something if you don't do what she wants?

I don’t even know what she wants
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    edited June 2018
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

just be like: can you clarify please?

ETA - But yeah, it would seem like she is after money, if "having a relationship with them isn't enough"?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

I’m seeing so much red right now
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

Bruh.... been there man. Same exact stuff. I know exactly what this feels like. Mine was supervised at first as well because my daughter was too young at the time and we were never married. Now that our daughter lives with me (5 yr old), she pays nothing, I'm super supportive of her seeing our daughter, and she still says I don't do enough and she did everything for me in the past.
  • cee134
    Options
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from

Am I over reacting?

Money
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    As for money the documents are being written like right now for child support so
  • cee134
    Options
    As for money the documents are being written like right now for child support so

Besides child support would be my guess.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    The what men want thread won’t bump and I wasn’t done telling them