Options
    I dont like whom. It sounds too pretentious. I refuse to whom

Whom do you speak of?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

Whom do you speak of?

Technically should be "of whom do you speak?" So you don't dangle.

:|
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    My 12 year old told me I was a horrible mother because I didn’t hear her mumbled answer to my question this morning. I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she mumbled a bagel with cream cheese under her breath. Considering I didn’t hear her, I made it with butter instead. She didn’t eat anything in rebellion and as she was leaving the house she slammed the front door stating that she hated her life and I was a bad mother. I know there are worse and more serious things in life to worry about, but the power those children have on my mind scares the *kitten* out of me.

Guess who would be making her own lunch starting tomorrow morning? These kids! Imagine pulling that crap on your mom!
    Mine would slap me into next year!

You're a great woman and mother Jen. Teenage girls scare me. Lol

Thanks Dee. ❤️

It’s true, my mother would never take that treatment. The good news is, she did apologize for her behaviour when she got home.

That is good to hear, she recognized it and admitted it with an apology. She is s good girl :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Whom do you speak of?

It was actually third person plural present indicative.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I don’t know which is more offensive, a dangling participle or a dangling chad
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Today is the longest day of the year and we haven't had one lick of summer. None. Nadda. Nothin'. Now we're headed back out the other way towards winter. The days will be getting shorter starting tomorrow. We had snow last week. There are years that it snows on the 4th of July, this could be one of them. It gives me a really big pinch. Every evening the clouds roll it, the temperature drops and there's no sunset. It is the longest day of the year and it's just another ravioli ripoff.

Yes, summer lasts about 2 months and the winters aren't for the faint of heart. So I'm going to huff and puff in this judgment free zone and blow the clouds over to those who are already in a drought with wildfires.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Life is what you make of it
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Whom do you speak of?

I won't lie; I've dangled a time or two in my life. I damn sure have.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    My hair is falling and there's strays everywhere and they tickle like hell.
    And apparently looking down your own shirt and sticking your hand there to fish the culprit is frowned upon and considered public display of inappropriateness.

Would shaving my head now be called „going full @CaptainFantastic01 ”, considering? :lol::lol::lol:
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    My hair is falling and there's strays everywhere and they tickle like hell.
    And apparently looking down your own shirt and sticking your hand there to fish the culprit is frowned upon and considered public display of inappropriateness.

Would shaving my head now be called „going full @CaptainFantastic01 ”, considering? :lol::lol::lol:

I did not know about the shirt thing

Also don’t take that from Brittney
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    0o40j09f9ued.jpeg
    I got this message from
    My ex today after visiting with my Kid’s pediologist. Things have been rough for me financially lately but I busted my *kitten* to get to see my kids unsupervisied and when she lived with me I busted my *kitten* and worked two jobs for 3 years so she could stay home because she was sick or so she could stay home with the kids. NOW she still has no job and lives with her parents.

How does someone who literally hasn’t contributed a dime to these kids supposed to send me a message like this? Are you kidding?

Am I over reacting?

I don't have nearly enough info but my best guess is she's just trying to control you by making you feel bad so she doesn't have to work. I've seen that kind of thing before. Let me guess, if that doesn't work does she then threaten you with something, or to take away something if you don't do what she wants?

I don’t even know what she wants

She wants you to suffer :/ and I'll bet she knows all the buttons to push.

You know you are a good dad Noah and you've bent over backwards to do all you can. Don't listen at all to that toxic crap...easier said than done I know.
  • etmiller1975
    etmiller1975 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 28 hour straight job and had to listen to how hard someone's day yesterday was 😐
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    This thing sucks, theres no point, do i even bother, seems a ridiculous waste of time.