Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

How do you feel about fasting?

Options

Replies

• LeeshaSeal
    LeeshaSeal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    LeeshaSeal wrote: »

You should understand that just because a blog is hosted at Harvard doesn’t mean its content is endorsed by Harvard

It's so nice to have another condescending poster in the thread! Welcome. If you have read the full thread, you would see that my sources were repeatedly questioned. This happened to be another article I came across to add to my pool of sources. The writer is also a physician and used clinical studies (referenced at the end) to substantiate her findings. She is also a contributor to a well-respected medical institution. I misunderstood that we were in a civil conversation and exchange of information.

If you had actually read the primary sources from your link, you would see that she referenced the same quack that you have been citing (Fung) plus a tiny unreplicated study locked behind a paywall

I think it's evident that you didn't actually read the article:
    k04pvauofrig.png

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

You should understand that just because a blog is hosted at Harvard doesn’t mean its content is endorsed by Harvard

It's so nice to have another condescending poster in the thread! Welcome. If you have read the full thread, you would see that my sources were repeatedly questioned. This happened to be another article I came across to add to my pool of sources. The writer is also a physician and used clinical studies (referenced at the end) to substantiate her findings. She is also a contributor to a well-respected medical institution. I misunderstood that we were in a civil conversation and exchange of information.

If you had actually read the primary sources from your link, you would see that she referenced the same quack that you have been citing (Fung) plus a tiny unreplicated study locked behind a paywall

What is the point that you are trying to get across to me? That you don't believe in fasting?

I believe that fasting exists
    That you don't believe in Jason Fung's theories and studies?

His hypotheses have been thoroughly debunked
    Show me your evidence that is directly related to his hypotheses on Fasting that's isn't anecdotal.
    That whatever other information I provide is not valid?

I haven't seen anything of substance yet
    You aren't looking hard enough.

Based on your posts in this thread, I can't see how you are in any position to judge.