Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

How do you feel about fasting?

Options

Replies

• zaftignomore
    zaftignomore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did 15:9 Intermittent Fasting for a few weeks. I stopped because I am TTC and I have heard that it can mess with your hormones, and I also found that it made it too hard for me to focus at work in the morning. That being said, IF was great because it quickly got my body used to being satisfied on fewer calories in a way that was a lot less emotionally draining and prone to failure than pure calorie restriction; it got me used to drinking black coffee, which has knocked 100-150 calories out of my daily consumption that I don't even miss; it helped me get my nighttime emotional eating under control; and it actually brought me back around to calorie counting as a way to lose weight (I started counting during my eating window, and when I stopped IF I just added a few more calories to give me some wiggle room to eat in the morning). I do think that the hard-core IF groupies are a little too intense, and some of them, especially the OMAD and extended fast people, use IF as a shield to cover behavior and attitudes that are essentially disordered eating. There is also good science and bad science out there about the effects of IF, and many people can't tell the difference. That being said, if approached sanely and moderately, it can be a great tool.