• 2missdaxa
    2missdaxa Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Female - age 25
    Height - 5'11"
    Starting Weight - 142kg Starting weight for challenge - 137kg
    Goal Weight - 75kg

Hi, I'm really struggling to get under 135kg so I thought that I would join a challenge.
    Everyone looks friendly here so I thought that I would give it a try. :smile:

Hi pheonix! It's good to see you! How long have you been at it? It's a struggle for all of us so don't beat yourself up and get discouraged. Sometimes, all we can do is take it one moment at a time. If something is not working, try something else. I tried lots before I found something I could live with. Keep your focus my friend!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Female - age 25
    Height - 5'11"
    Goal Weight - 75kg

Hi, I'm really struggling to get under 135kg so I thought that I would join a challenge.
    Everyone looks friendly here so I thought that I would give it a try. :smile:

Welcome, pheonix. Rest assured, everyone here has had struggles with weight and health issues. Lots of support and encouragement when you need it. Post your questions and someone will try to help you.
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Welcome, pheonix. Rest assured, everyone here has had struggles with weight and health issues. Lots of support and encouragement when you need it. Post your questions and someone will try to help you.

Thanks for the reassurance. Right now i'm just yo-yoing the same 5kg and it's driving me round the bend. :/

• deadpheonixrising
    Options
    2missdaxa wrote: »

Hi pheonix! It's good to see you! How long have you been at it? It's a struggle for all of us so don't beat yourself up and get discouraged. Sometimes, all we can do is take it one moment at a time. If something is not working, try something else. I tried lots before I found something I could live with. Keep your focus my friend!

I've been trying to lose weight since 2011. I had really good results and I lost about 25kg back then but this last Christmas i really piled it on. Then I injured my back and couldn't exercise as much as I wanted to.
    I'm still determined it's just hard to go up and down the same 5kg for 6 months. :D
  • Goingligt11
    Goingligt11 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Female - Age 38
    Height - 5'2.2"

SW: 160 lbs
    01.07.18: 152 lbs
    04.07.18: 150.7 lbs
    16.07.18: 149.6 lbs

Goal weight by end of 2018 - 125 lbs

• 2missdaxa
    edited July 2018
    Options
    2missdaxa wrote: »

I've been trying to lose weight since 2011. I had really good results and I lost about 25kg back then but this last Christmas i really piled it on. Then I injured my back and couldn't exercise as much as I wanted to.
    I'm still determined it's just hard to go up and down the same 5kg for 6 months. :D

Hi pheonix, only you know what is going on with you and I want to encourage you to keep looking for answers. Believe me, we all have our own individual challenges and we keep doing research to find something that may help. The thing is to take a good look at where you are and see how you can make some improvement in small increments. The thing is to be consistent and if something is not working to try something else. As Steve said, "Post your questions and someone will try to help you." Whatever you're experiencing...other people have been there so don't get discourage. Just keep at it.
    I like listening to books on tape and about 3 months ago I was on amazon just surfing and came across a the title "Own the Day, Own Your Life" and out of curiosity I bought it. I know I wouldn't and couldn't do some of that stuff but some of it spoke to me. This lead me to discover podcasts. They are free and and are a whole other universe. Sometimes you hear things that make you think or change your thinking. Find ways to cheer yourself on. I felt all alone like you until I started reading some of what is shared on here. Steve was a huge help with sharing recipes for Keto and support when I first started. But then my kidneys started acting weird so I had to try something else. Do some searches and see what you can find. I hoped that helped.
  • ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Female
    Age - 34
    Current weight- 230.1 lbs
    Lowest weight - 156 lbs (Sept 2015)
    Goal weight - 150 lbs
    Goal for December - 190 lbs
    Fitness goal for Dec - run 5k in under 27 mins

I lost 70 lbs from Aug 2014 to Jul 2015, by calorie counting, walking more, then taking up running. In 2016, I began to gain weight and was 190 lbs before I fell pregnant in Jul 2017. After a difficult pregnancy I am back to where I started in 2014! As I am feeding my daughter myself, I can't reduce calories as much as I'd like and I can't be sure how many calories I am burning through feeding. I'm also not able to get out exercising as much as I want and I can't do anything high impact at the moment due to lingering issues from pregnancy.

But! I have a trip to New Zealand from the UK in Dec, which gives me a bit of motivation with my weight loss. I know I won't be my slimmest, but I'd like to feel more comfortable in the heat and be able to keep up with my family. I aim to be back at my slimmest before I return to work in Jul 19.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Start June 2018 179 lbs
    Goal Dec 2018 150.0
    June 30 176.6
    July 07 175 .0 -1.6 lbs
    July 20 174.0 - 1.0 (2.6)

Didn't report in last week. Fell off the wagon a bit. Went on a road trip and munched on snacks about the whole way. Not proud of it. Interestingly, out of the 3 of us, I am the only one that did that. Obviously, I shouldn't buy it. And just bring healthy snacks. I brought Asian mix and trail mix with dried fruit and nuts, Pringles, candy. No measuring...just eating. Got back on and thankfully the scale went down again. Hope I learned from it and do better. Whew... Decided to fess up to it.

• Jcanraised
    Jcanraised Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone! Claudine . Age: 47

Starting weight - 261 lbs
    Current weight. - 259 lbs
    Goal by December 31 —195 lbs
    Overall goal is 175 lbs
  • deadpheonixrising
    Options
    Female - age 25
    Height - 5'11"
    Goal Weight - 75kg

22/7/18 = 136.5kg -0.5kg

I had a rough week this week and I'm surprised that I lost any weight at all. It's been really hot and therefore really hard to do any cardio. I went for a walk around town on Tuesday and I walked to the shops yesterday and afterward, I had to lie down for an hour. XD

But I have been dealing with my sugar cravings better than I have in a while and I'm actually drinking enough water so I've had fewer problems with cramp.
  • 2missdaxa
    Options
    Female - age 59
    Height 5' 4"
    Starting weight - 190 lbs - Dec. 28th, 2017
    Goal weight 145 - 150 lbs
    Today :164.5 lbs +2.5 lbs

What can I say? I had a challenging week! I need to make some adjustments. I really wanted to be at 160 lbs by the time I go to see my doctor on the 30th. Today is a new day! Go hero, go!
  • beverlyweaver73
    beverlyweaver73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Female - 51
    Height 5 ft 6 inches
    Current weight 196
    Start weight (7/13/18) 198
    Goal weight 168
    daily calorie intake 1500
    Restarting low carb, high protein eating plan
    Exercising daily
  • rdvorak
    rdvorak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Female - age 42
    Height 5' 5”
    Starting weight (today) - 175.7 lbs - July 28th
    Goal weight 150 lbs

Hope I’m not too late to join. I’ve been off and on the diet roller coaster for years, time to do something different so I can get off this crazy merry go round. I enjoy reading everyone’s positive posts. Thanks!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Great! Welcome to all the new people joining this challenge.