5'7" 44 yrs female
    Starting weight: 187.7 (July 31)
    Current weight: 187.7
    Goal December 31st: 145
    Goal August 31st 2018: 177

• Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    7/26/18 - 209 - slowly moving in the right direction. Lifting numbers still going up. Getting most of the workouts in. Logging all the food - looks like I should lower the calorie target just a bit. [/quote]

Hey Steve! This is is the quandry I also had when my weight loss stalled...it also happened when I made gains in the weight training....while I still have not found the magic number for calories...I have discovered that I may need to reassess my lifting goals against my goal weight...I want the latter more. I get so darn hungry whilst lifing...its a balance isnt it? Keep it all pushin! You are doing great....and don't know about you, but it is fun to have these issues! Never thought at my age I would even be thinking about any of it!!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    7/26/18 - 209 - slowly moving in the right direction. Lifting numbers still going up. Getting most of the workouts in. Logging all the food - looks like I should lower the calorie target just a bit.

Hey Steve! This is is the quandry I also had when my weight loss stalled...it also happened when I made gains in the weight training....while I still have not found the magic number for calories...I have discovered that I may need to reassess my lifting goals against my goal weight...I want the latter more. I get so darn hungry whilst lifing...its a balance isnt it? Keep it all pushin! You are doing great....and don't know about you, but it is fun to have these issues! Never thought at my age I would even be thinking about any of it!!!!

Heard that, Carmen. I'm glad to be healthy and able to move and work out. I would like to lose about 20 more pounds. Regardless, I'm in better physical shape than most people that I know in my age range.

This is my second time trying this mild calorie restriction. Both times I have started easing it down slowly. Eating at maintenance for a month or so - then restricting calories slightly and losing nada. My trend line on Libra is flat.

I'm starting to think that I should maintain for a month or two - then cut calories drastically for 6 to 8 weeks - then go back to maintenance. Run that cycle a couple of times and see if that works better. I just don't lose any pounds with a minimal (200-300 under TDEE) calorie restriction.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Allison, any chance your mattress might be part of the problem?

Good job staying on plan! Thanks for encouraging through inquiry.

@Rebecca512787 Sorry I didn't see your comment until today ! The problem is probably just a combination of lots of different little things - yeah, maybe the bed could be more comfy, environmental things, too - and then things I think about that get on my mind too much, and then drinking too much water during the day and having to go at night.

How are you doing with your goals?
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    SW: 255, Aug 2014
    CW: 165
    GW: 150
    HT: 5'7"

Well July for me was not what I expected. I expected to lose 1/2 to 1 pound per week - LOL. And, I only lost 1 pound for the whole month. But, since I'm exercising regularly with great effort, I'm figuring I'm building muscle. Because my body is thinner - 2 inches from waist, 1 inch from hips, and 1 inch from each thigh for July.

I wonder how August is going to go ???
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Update………………
    Female - age 59
    Height 5' 4"
    Starting weight - 288 lbs - April 10 2017
    Current weight - 173.5 lbs
    Goal weight 155 - 160 lbs

My July Activities stats from my iPhone:

Walking: 21.42 miles
    Zombies, Run: 12.43 miles (still walking)
    Cycling: 47.11 miles
    Kayaking: 15.13 miles
    Golfing: 31.6 hours – handicap down 9 strokes B)

Total: 38 Workouts = 52:39 hours
    My total in July 2016 was ZERO !!!

July Weight loss = 4.5 lbs :)

The weight loss is to say the least – snail slow…. But the trend is still down.

I’m hoping for at least the same loss for August, would be nice to get into the 160 somethings.
  • bikecheryl
    edited August 2018
    Options

I'm starting to think that I should maintain for a month or two - then cut calories drastically for 6 to 8 weeks - then go back to maintenance. Run that cycle a couple of times and see if that works better. I just don't lose any pounds with a minimal (200-300 under TDEE) calorie restriction.

Steve.......... this is exactly what I did and it seemed to work for me.

I think my problem is the closer I get to goal weight the smaller the room for error when it comes to logging and exercise calories.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    bikecheryl wrote: »

I think my problem is the closer I get to goal weight the smaller the room for error when it comes to logging and exercise calories.

Thanks for that insight, Cheryl. I got a nice (3 lb.) whoosh this morning. We will see how tomorrow's weigh-in goes.

You make a good point about the margin for error in logging. Much easier to make certain of a 600-800 calorie deficit as opposed to a 200-300 calorie deficit. Six weeks on a steep deficit is doable, particularly if you know that you will go back to maintenance at the end.
  • bikecheryl
    Options
    bikecheryl wrote: »

Thanks for that insight, Cheryl. I got a nice (3 lb.) whoosh this morning. We will see how tomorrow's weigh-in goes.

You make a good point about the margin for error in logging. Much easier to make certain of a 600-800 calorie deficit as opposed to a 200-300 calorie deficit. Six weeks on a steep deficit is doable, particularly if you know that you will go back to maintenance at the end.

Exactly! Congrats on the whoosh by the way.
  • javacreek
    javacreek Posts: 310 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I would like to join!

5'5" 50+ yrs female
    Starting weight: 172 (03.06.18)
    Current weight: 165.2 (08.01.18)
    Goal December 31st: 142
    Goal August 31st 2018: 159.5
  • kahlan84
    kahlan84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I hope it's okay if I join in late.

5'4" 33 year old female
    Starting weight: 192.5
    Goal Weight by 12/31/18: 150
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 130
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Company in town and a work girls night this week, but did okay food wise. Did not accomplish my goal of upping the exercise. I know I need to work on this. Starting a new job tomorrow so hopefully that will help. Also, thinking about signing up for a 5k just to force myself to start preparing. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Female, Age-30, 5’2”
    Start weight- 178
    Current weight- 165 (-2 lbs again this week 🙂)
    Short term goal by aug 29 (birthday)- 159
    Goal by dec 31- 140
    Ultimate goal- 135
    Calories per day- 1200-1400
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Female, age 60, 5'4.5"
    MFP SW 195 (Nov 2015) ~ MFP goal set for 0.5# loss per week
    GW #1 150
    GW #2 145 (normal BMI)
    GW #3 maintain 140 -145

07/07 = 156.0 post-vacation w/i net calories not. so. much. Oops.
    07/14 = 154.5 prelogging & sticking w/ plan helps
    07/21 = 154.5
    07/28 = 157.5 kinda crashin' & burnin' last few days ~ this too shall pass
    08/04 = 155.5 CICO works :wink:
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Female - age 25
    Height - 5'11"
    Starting Weight - 142kg Starting weight for challenge - 137kg
    Goal Weight - 75kg

22/7/18 = 136.5kg -0.5kg
    29/7/18 = 135.9kg -0.6kg
    05/8/18 = 136.4kg +0.5kg Sorry to be away so long we had some crazy thunderstorms and it knocked out our electric for a while there.
    This past week has been filled with stress eating and a heatwave that makes you sweat just from existing. I tried to go cycling in the early morning on Tuesday when it was cooler but it was unbearable.
    Hoping the weather improves soon...or it starts raining again so I can actually do some exercise.
  • beverlyweaver73
    beverlyweaver73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Start weight 198 (7/13/18)
    Current weight 197.5 (8/6/18)

I was eating better during the week and exercising every day. The weekends are where I do the most damage eating the wrong things. So I begin again to make changes.
  • rainykatie
    rainykatie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- just checking in on this challenge. Glad we have until December because I have stalled a bit.

Female - age 40
    Height 5' 10"
    SW: 212 lbs (September 2017)
    CW: 190 lbs
    GW: 174 lbs (a healthy BMI for my height)

7/26/18: 190.2 lbs
    8/7/18" 190 lbs

My weight loss has been slow, and it's my fault. I'm owning it. I've been having a hard time finding a chance to exercise. I've also been enjoying a glass of wine when I feel like it, instead of when I make sure I have room in my calorie budget. Still, I have been consistently logging. I even weighed in in the 180's on Saturday! 189.4, but then it bounced back up. I'm feeling motivated today though- I really want to get into the 180's and STAY THERE. That is my goal. I'm soooo close.

How will I do it? Well, I am going to stick to my calorie budget for the rest of the week and exercise every week day, starting today thru Friday. And by Saturday, I think I'll be there.

Hope everyone else is doing well.