July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    oooh @RespectTheKitty you'll be missed but I totally understand.
    You know where we are when you are ready or want to come back to us.

:(

This. :(
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Struggling with the heat - like so many of you. Did a little speed work on the treadmill today as I really need to get my rear in gear. I honestly believe I have trained myself to run slow. I know I'll never be a speedster, but it's been years since I've managed a sub-3 hour half. A couple years ago I adopted the run/walk strategy and I'm not sure that's worked in my favor either.

Future races - except for the first one, this is a total wish list. I'm completely intrigued with the "Vacation Races" at the National Parks. I'd love some feedback from someone who's run them.

Sept 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon - signed up and getting ready!
    January 20 - Key West Half - dreaming'
    February 23 - Zion Half
    March 9 - Antelope Canyon
    April 13 - Zion Trail
    May 11 - Yosemite Half

That national park series sounds amazing! If/when I get up to running half marathons, that might have to go on the list.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    yd2xzvwoopzo.jpg
    Totally me too! Frickin AWESOME!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    My friends have done the Key West Half and they all rave about how great it is. @biketheworld I've never run the Antelope Canyon, but we went there on vacation in May, it is amazing.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Rest day today as well as my anniversary (13 years!). So I will indulge in some yummy food tonight and content myself with a walk if the stars align.

Saw this today and it spoke to me!

yd2xzvwoopzo.jpg

This made me laugh. I love this. Nice find. XD
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @LaDispute57 that Amazon is the devil ha ha

@RespectTheKitty take care of yourself and we'll be here no doubt
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    p7rsxvevbcao.jpg

Trail running: bringing sexy back even for us ultra slow flobbly trail runners ;)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Struggling with the heat - like so many of you. Did a little speed work on the treadmill today as I really need to get my rear in gear. I honestly believe I have trained myself to run slow. I know I'll never be a speedster, but it's been years since I've managed a sub-3 hour half. A couple years ago I adopted the run/walk strategy and I'm not sure that's worked in my favor either.

Future races - except for the first one, this is a total wish list. I'm completely intrigued with the "Vacation Races" at the National Parks. I'd love some feedback from someone who's run them.

Sept 30 - Wineglass Half Marathon - signed up and getting ready!
    January 20 - Key West Half - dreaming'
    February 23 - Zion Half
    March 9 - Antelope Canyon
    April 13 - Zion Trail
    May 11 - Yosemite Half

That national park series sounds amazing! If/when I get up to running half marathons, that might have to go on the list.

I was eyeing the Zion and the Antelope ones. Next year.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Welcome to this crazy group @SamToscanoWatson!
    @LaDispute57 that is like finding $20 bill in the laundry! Makes my day!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty sorry to see you go, but I get it. It is hard to see all these successful runs when you are struggling. We'll be here WHEN you are ready to come back!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,724 Member
    Options
    I've done the Great Smoky Mountain vacation race twice. It was very well organized. Unfortunately, you don't actually run in the park but close by (which is fully disclosed on their website). The organizers provided shuttle buses to the start line. There were plenty of them, volunteers to assist with forming lines to get everyone to the start, plenty of porta potties at the start area.

I would love to do some of the races that are out west.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I knew about LSD in the running sense, but am trying to figure out where I've seen it used. I've read a lot of stuff online, though, especially when I first started marathon training, so who knows...
    There was also the incident where we stopped so I could use a portapotty and discovered that there was a couple making out inside. I have no words.

Edit to add: I sincerely apologize if this topic is TMI and grossing others out as much as it does me :(

Actually, it has provided me with a great deal of entertainment... it makes for a great story....lol... With the work that I do, I deal with so much off-the-wall, stupid, gross, disturbing human behavior that your encounter seems mild and funny to me. I am so desensitized I cannot remember the last time I heard something that shocked me.

To date, I do not think this thread had a TMI limit. This definitely would not be over it though. I mean it is gross, but it is not like you got your camera out, recorded it, and posted a timeline of events, reactions, and sounds. :lol: (please don't btw... :lol: )
    Glad you're entertained, @LaDispute57 ! Although now I'm wondering what kind of work you do.

And as for the camera, no way! My main goal was to get out of there as fast as possible. My 7-year-old didn't quite understand... "But Mama, you SAID you had to go, and THERE's a potty." Nope! I'll wait. We're leaving NOW!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty I completely understand, I stopped coming to the thread for a month when I couldn't run because it was making me envious. I hope you're back at it soon!
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Glad you're entertained, @LaDispute57 ! Although now I'm wondering what kind of work you do.

I am a divorce and custody attorney and I do a fair amount of criminal defense and juvenile work as well.