July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @AprilRN10 people @ work saying the same to me and I haven't lost nearly your *kitten* weight, HOLY COW! You rock ma'am.

@mahganmuskett Welcome!

@Teresa502 Sorry to hear about your friend's injury, great job looking out for her! Nice time in your race as well!

1.78 sticky miles this morning, bringing July's total to 24.58/50.

ETA: Congrats on reaching your goal for the month early @Scott6255 and welcome @AgainWithTheSurfyPants .
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I am slowly getting back into running after a long hiatus from trail running (Injury/accident). Starting small at 5kms, 3x days a week (distance to work)..so for the remaining 2 weeks-ish of July, that's 30km.

Welcome back! I think you will find the road right where you left it. :lol:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    No run today - dinner out and then walk with my wife instead. Pretty sure walking easy 4 miles on flat terrain completely cancels out the trip to Red Robin...right? :D

Maybe not, but "happy wife = happy life!"
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    No run today - dinner out and then walk with my wife instead. Pretty sure walking easy 4 miles on flat terrain completely cancels out the trip to Red Robin...right? :D

Maybe not, but "happy wife = happy life!"

hehe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpFD-kgQxnI

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words and support of my friend’s injury. I didn’t do anything that any of you wouldn’t do for a friend. We runners have to take care of each other!

Wishing I had gotten my butt out of bed and ran this morning. It was a nice 61F when I headed to work at 6:30 am. Great running weather especially for this summer!

@polskagirl01 – I completely forgot to wear my watch to Tuesday’s trail race but I did it and I know it counts whether or not it shows up in my Garmin feed! Still....

@AprilRN10 – Sorry about the boyfriend not being supportive of your smaller size. He’s probably just feeling intimidated with the image of the new you.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

7/1- 2.7 Miles
    7/2- lifted weights
    7/3- nothing
    7/4- 1.62
    7/5- lifted
    7/6-7/9- out of town. Went to a water park and a couple hikes
    7/10- 1.59
    7/11- lifted
    7/12- 1.82
    7/13- lifted
    7/14- nothing
    7/15- nothing, busy weekend
    7/16- lifted
    7/17- nothing
    7/18- 1.89 miles

LOL This thread is crazy. I have to go back through a million pages to find my last reply since I don't run very often lol

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Race recap. Yesterday’s 7 mile trail race at Bays Mountain Park & Planetarium was scheduled to begin at 6:30 pm. It starts and ends at the part of the park where the wolves are housed (hence the name the Wolf Run). I carpooled with two of my friends and we arrived in plenty of time to find a good parking space, pick up our bib numbers and talk with other runners. About 6:15, a thunderstorm rolled through. Lots rain. Lots of thunder and lightning. The start was delayed about 10 minutes. Lots of mud puddles on the trail most of which I went through the middle. I actually made it past a few runners who were tip-toeing gingerly around them. With about 7-tenths of a mile to go, I came upon one of my friends sitting on a bench beside the trail. She had landed her foot between a couple of roots, heard a pop in her ankle and that was it. She insisted that I go on and finish the race. A few yards past her, I met a volunteer heading her way and I made sure she was going to check on her. Turns out the popping noise was her tendon/ligament which pulled the calcaneus bone from the ankle bone. It took the EMTs a while to get her out. The side-by-side couldn’t get to that area so finally a couple of the guys carried her through the woods and up a hill to a location the side-by-side could reach. We loaded her in her car and off to the ER we went. She was in so much pain. I finally got her home around 1:30 am this morning. We didn’t get to stay for the post-race meal (obviously) so we were starving. Luckily there was a Dunkin’ Donuts still open at 12:30 so we had a donut while waiting on her prescription for pain meds. She will be in a boot for the next 5 weeks and then slowly start some activity. I ended up spending the night at her house and taking her to work this morning. She is single and has two grown daughters one of which lives in the area; however, she is out of town for a work conference. You never can have too many friends! Oh, the good part of my race was that I finished in 1:24:51. I was worried since my previous practice runs out there had me finishing in 1:35 and the cut off was 1:45. Placed first in my AG and an overall 110 out of 144 runners that finished.

Oh, your poor friend...ouch! She is lucky she has you around :)

Congrats on the great race and AG placement!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words.

@PastorVincent He has been fit and healthy for the last ten years. It is me that is the straggler! He runs quite a bit and lifts heavy, a lot! Not sure what his deal is but isn't that. Alas, I will do what is best for my health. But it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, relationship wise as you hit that nail on th head. After 14 years this is a pebble in my shoe.