July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    No run planned today... too much bank fighting on schedule (yes, we moved into the house last week, but still have closed). Tomorrow, tomorrow I plan to get a run in. Hopefully, it works...
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I hope he responds positively to the treatment <3
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So sorry, @MegaMooseEsq :(
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Aw, @MegaMooseEsq, thinking of you and your Bowie. I hope he will respond well and it won't be quite time for the hard decision, but if it is, I'm so sorry. It's so hard. Bowie is a cutie and I love your running story.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    OT bummer post today, y'all - instead of lifting this morning I had to take my dog Bowie to the vet. He's an 11-ish year old mutt my husband adopted with his probably brother when they were about three. All the "probably" and "ish" is because they were found abandoned on a roadside so we don't know anything for sure. Anyhow, Bowie has had a heart murmur for about five years that turned into full on congestive heart failure about six months ago. We've been medicating him and he's mostly still been a happy guy, but he took a big turn for the worse last night. The vet gave him a booster and we're waiting to see if it gets his respiration down, but if he doesn't respond we're in hard-decision land.

Just so I'm not totally OT, they actually were partly responsible for my getting into running. Last summer the other one (Iggy) was attacked and almost killed by a larger dog and as part of his recovery I started walking the two of them frequently. Those walks turned into walk-run-walks, then mostly runs, then I started leaving them at home and running on my own because they're actually pretty bad running buddies. Still, if I hadn't discovered that I liked starting the day with a brisk walk, I might never have gotten to where I am now with running.

u8hjhue8w44p.jpg

This is him hiding from the new kitten last fall. He's mostly gotten used to her by now (he's the one closest to my leg in the photo below).

7xsou6hw6cob.jpg

Awww... Poor sweet fur baby. I hope the medication helps.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq hope he responds to treatment. always a hard time
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I am so sorry to hear! It is so hard when our buddies are not doing so well. Hopefully he responds well and you get to hold off for a few. None of my dogs are very good running buddies, but I sure do love them!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq I am so sorry to hear! It is so hard when our buddies are not doing so well. Hopefully he responds well and you get to hold off for a few. None of my dogs are very good running buddies, but I sure do love them!

I'm guessing terriers in general are tough to run with - not only do mine have short legs, they're always dashing off one way or another! Thanks for the good wishes, everyone - Bowie's breathing is a little slower than it was this morning, so fingers crossed that it keeps going down and we can have another few good weeks!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I'm sorry to hear about Bowie (awesome name!) I hope he pulls through. Hard to see our babies (fur or human) sick.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @MegaMooseEsq I’m sorry to hear about your pup. I hope he continues to improve.

Thunderstorms all over here this afternoon. I’m going to just do some strength training here at the house and do today’s run tomorrow. It will give me an extra day of recovery after Sunday’s long run.