Cliques

Options

Replies

• BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    [

In the Chit Chat area people goof off, we joke and use mostly sarcasm. I have a lot of the people who post in the forums as friends and I find them to motivating, encouraging and inspirational. Don't take anything you see here as a sign that MFP isn't a great community of wonderful support

Oh I wasn't talking about the chit chat group, I know it's all in good fun. My problem is fitting in with the rest of MFP. I've found a couple friends like me that are here to lose a metric ton of weight but Im not gonna fit in with the people who exercise all the time nor the ones who want to lose a bit of weight. I know it's not intentional, just more gravitating to others with similar interests.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    LouisTamsi wrote: »
    It's cliquey enough I'm afraid to ask for friends. I'm not here to get ripped or lose a few pounds for Summer, I'm here for a life change, lose almost 200lbs, multi year commitment.

In the Chit Chat area people goof off, we joke and use mostly sarcasm. I have a lot of the people who post in the forums as friends and I find them to motivating, encouraging and inspirational. Don't take anything you see here as a sign that MFP isn't a great community of wonderful support

So says the lady holding a massive banana... :laugh:

Hey, my banana and I have been very supportive of you!! :D

It hasn't gone unnoticed nor unappreciated! ;)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    george5911 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    epr3996 wrote: »
    If find there is one or two really big cliques and a couple of smaller rebel one's. You will know when your on the outside by how many times you post and it's skipped over. (this could also mean that i'm just not interesting)

Show us how to not get skipped over at Fun and Games and you'll be a superstar here :smiley:

This happens because in there some people take it a little too serious and believe they're actually going to get to spend the next 48 bours handcuffed to the target, or kiss or date etc...and will skip over any number of people "above" in order to reply to someone they have a "real" crush on. I've noticed men do it more than women and believe it still has to do with homophobia.

For me personally, rather than skip over I'll just give a clever (at least I think so) "no"and keep rolling along. Everything here is born of positive reinforcement and should be kept that way. We're all here for some sort of personal improvement, and every bit helps.

Personal improvement!? This sounds cliquish ...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    If find there is one or two really big cliques and a couple of smaller rebel one's. You will know when your on the outside by how many times you post and it's skipped over. (this could also mean that i'm just not interesting)

Show us how to not get skipped over at Fun and Games and you'll be a superstar here :smiley:

This happens because in there some people take it a little too serious and believe they're actually going to get to spend the next 48 bours handcuffed to the target, or kiss or date etc...and will skip over any number of people "above" in order to reply to someone they have a "real" crush on. I've noticed men do it more than women and believe it still has to do with homophobia.

For me personally, rather than skip over I'll just give a clever (at least I think so) "no"and keep rolling along. Everything here is born of positive reinforcement and should be kept that way. We're all here for some sort of personal improvement, and every bit helps.

You make me smile. And even giggle sometimes

:) thanks...this was nice to hear today. Unless this is one of those ploys to get me to join your clique ;);) and in that case yes
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options

I can't do anything but grin at this.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Idk about clique but certainly members interact more lively with their friends. I also think there are inside jokes that outsiders to that group won't get.
    And no, I don't feel I belong to a clique, well maybe a clique of one. :)
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I prefer MAC. Their eye creams are the bizness!