You Intimidate Me

Options
caco_ethes
caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
With all this talk about cliques, I can’t help but wonder if some of it stems from newer people feeling intimidated by people who have been here longer. So call out the people who intimidate you. Give them a chance to prove to you that they aren’t intimidating after all.

Been here a long time? Tag the people who used to intimidate you. Let’s find out just how skewed perception is compared to reality.

Replies

• caco_ethes
    Options
    @caco_ethes intimidates me with all her successful threads which makes me not want to create any in fear of failure

You just jinxed this one :joy:

I have created tons of flopped threads. It used to embarrass me but now I see it like something that doesn’t sell on eBay, just try again.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    JDMac82 wrote: »
    No reason to call out those who attempt to intimidate. Dont let others dictate your success. Haters are just confused supporters.

Feeling intimidated by someone often happens without their knowledge or intent.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I used to be super intimidated by @Avocado_AS5 and @CoffeeAndContour
  • caco_ethes
    Options
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I shy away from in depth, peer reviewed, scientifically verified conversation with people who are obviously more intelligent than I am and have lots of post secondary education (I don't).

Those people converse in the more serious threads, especially the debate section. Intellectually and educationally, I'm not cut from that cloth and I know it.

I think that's a good thing, to know your limits and not to think you're smarter and more knowledgeable than you are about specialized topics that require a lot of background study.

I will go over there and make fun of them though and impress them with my expertise in celebrity trivia and hairstyle fashions, so there's that.

You intimidated me.

Now I just adore you.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Hank @caco_ethes intimidates me by posting what I was going to post, just moments prior to me, and making it look like I'm just a big copy cat.

Hee hee
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I use to be intimidated by a lot of you. Not so much the case anymore.
    I have actually friended some of those that use to intimidate me and realized they are cool as heck!

@leut_underpants definitely does not intimidate me anymore...even if my boobs have his name on them, but he still won't accept my friend request.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Who here is or was intimidated by @kinetixtrainer2 ?

Because that might be the best example I can think of for someone who would never do it intentionally
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Pretty much every single poster intimidates me. But this is my issue, not theirs..me and confidence do not always belong in the same conversation

Hahaha! This place is funny. You and your Wednesday thread intimidated me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    @lstrat115 intimidates me with her banana

stand in line.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Because that might be the best example I can think of for someone who would never do it intentionally

as a person, he seems nice

as someone who could easily grind me into dirt if he went all hulk, sure.

there are others in this category too though, these quickly come to mind
    @Will_Workout_for_food
    that magnus #something guy
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I was intimidated by his steely gaze, yes. Also aroused and intimidated by my arousal. I buried it deep inside my psyche and prayed it would go away so I would return to my senses and keep on with the role of blithely impenetrable battle ax.

:joy::joy:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every single poster intimidates me. But this is my issue, not theirs..me and confidence do not always belong in the same conversation

Hahaha! This place is funny. You and your Wednesday thread intimidated me.

Well I could see that. It is a very exclusive thread. You seem to make the grade though ;)
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I remember feeling intimidated by @Clever_User_Name
  • caco_ethes
    Options

never was intimidated by him in a negative way, but i always thought, man what a fckn beast. i wish i can be like that LOL

Hmm. Maybe he’s a bad example. He’s too nice. You’re too nice, @kinetixtrainer2
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

But you are so wonderful! No need to be intimidated!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options

But you are so wonderful! No need to be intimidated!

652vqc7zyaes.gif