You Intimidate Me

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options
    Most of my FL intimidated me when I first came to chit chat.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Who here is or was intimidated by @kinetixtrainer2 ?

Because that might be the best example I can think of for someone who would never do it intentionally

He actually seems like the least intimidating person! I think he is very kind and supportive

Aww thank you.

I get out of court.....

Somehow that is intimidating in and of itself....

Tell me about it brother, I feel the same.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    Most of you did when I started to visit the forum and some still do. I remember recently accepting a friend invitation I would have extended myself before if it wasn't for feeling a bit.. so-and-so. Of course I realize it's all in my chicken mind. You're all hella nice, even though sometimes I really get lost in what's discussed. :smiley:

you intimidate me. you are to beautiful for words and take amazing pictures.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    If you let people intimidate you in a web forum then I am concerned with how poorly you would handle a physical confrontation.

Just sayin'

DISCLOSURE: I teach Combatives, Defensive Tactics, and Personal Protection

Sorry physical confrontation is easier to deal with that social rejection

I find both easy to deal with. Not saying I'm a badass by any means, just that most times I really don't care about social issues or if I'm accepted or not into a social group. I'm me, don't need to be a part of a group to determine who I am.

As to physical confrontation, the key is avoidance. If you can't avoid, as long as you can breath you protect yourself to the end.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    If you let people intimidate you in a web forum then I am concerned with how poorly you would handle a physical confrontation.

Just sayin'

DISCLOSURE: I teach Combatives, Defensive Tactics, and Personal Protection

Sorry physical confrontation is easier to deal with that social rejection

I find both easy to deal with. Not saying I'm a badass by any means, just that most times I really don't care about social issues or if I'm accepted or not into a social group. I'm me, don't need to be a part of a group to determine who I am.

As to physical confrontation, the key is avoidance. If you can't avoid, as long as you can breath you protect yourself to the end.

^^this exactly
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't post/engage often enough to get "in" here. And honestly half of that is just that I am intimidated by the speed of new comments coming in and the fact that everyone seems to have personal jokes that I just don't get. I kind of just...meh...gave up. I come check out the threads here on work days when I have not much on my plate.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    I don’t get intimidation.

same here.

it's just words on a screen....
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

same here.

Word. :D
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

same here.

agree. I don't really understand how reading what someone writes in chit chat can be intimidating.

Now... The IRS. Those kittens are intimidating.

I get some people have social hangups. Both IRL and online. For some, the online realm is their social interaction. Especially as the world gets further involved with the electronic realm.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

I am one of the least intimidating people ever so I don't know why or how I give off this vibe

This is exactly what intimidating people say.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    rhenry2424 wrote: »
    I used to be super intimidated by @Avocado_AS5 and @CoffeeAndContour

:( I’m sorry. I’ve always tried to come across as nice and welcoming but you never know how you’re perceived by others.

However @Avocado_AS5 intimidates me a little too.

@CoffeeAndContour, I can totally see how both you and @avocado_as5 can be intimidating. Nice, but both beautiful and confident!

Waaaa????
    I actually get this a lot, on here and in real life. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's my RBF. I'm seriously chill AF. I'm super nice y'all. Just get kinda preoccupied in my own head sometimes.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I can’t say that I could call out anyone in particular that is intimidating, but think posting in the forums can be a little nerve-wracking for people, especially if they are sensitive to woo, or sarcastic feedback. I’ve hid under a rock a few times because I didn’t know what to think of someone’s response to a post, but now I don’t really give much thought to it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    I used to be super intimidated by @Avocado_AS5 and @CoffeeAndContour

:( I’m sorry. I’ve always tried to come across as nice and welcoming but you never know how you’re perceived by others.

However @Avocado_AS5 intimidates me a little too.

@CoffeeAndContour, I can totally see how both you and @avocado_as5 can be intimidating. Nice, but both beautiful and confident!

Waaaa????
    I actually get this a lot, on here and in real life. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's my RBF. I'm seriously chill AF. I'm super nice y'all. Just get kinda preoccupied in my own head sometimes.

Don't let this fool you, she's a stone cold killer.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

I get out of court.....

Somehow that is intimidating in and of itself....

Tell me about it brother, I feel the same.

I am in court so much it lost its intimidation factor years ago.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Options
    I use to be intimidated by a lot of you. Not so much the case anymore.
    I have actually friended some of those that use to intimidate me and realized they are cool as heck!

@leut_underpants definitely does not intimidate me anymore...even if my boobs have his name on them, but he still won't accept my friend request.

another I agree with :/

Wait, my name is on your boobs, @JustKeepTryin ?

LMAO well not that part! :D:D
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Options

pretty sure I'm not one of those!!!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I shy away from in depth, peer reviewed, scientifically verified conversation with people who are obviously more intelligent than I am and have lots of post secondary education (I don't).

Those people converse in the more serious threads, especially the debate section. Intellectually and educationally, I'm not cut from that cloth and I know it.

I think that's a good thing, to know your limits and not to think you're smarter and more knowledgeable than you are about specialized topics that require a lot of background study.

I will go over there and make fun of them though and impress them with my expertise in celebrity trivia and hairstyle fashions, so there's that.

You don't need a PHD. You just need a one-liner that can be interpreted as satire or serious, sarcastic or straight. . depending on who is reading it.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Options
    Who here is or was intimidated by @kinetixtrainer2 ?

Because that might be the best example I can think of for someone who would never do it intentionally

I am just intimidated by his arm.

have u seen his toosh?

we have all seen his toosh :D:D:D:D
    pquxvwehzm4j.jpeg

for those of you that haven't :D:D

Do you have this saved or something? Also, how the hell do I intimidate you?

LMAO no I pulled it out of the selfie thread, took some time to find it though. hope @kinetixtrainer2 doesn't mind :D:D

PM me ;):*