Pet peeves

Options

Replies

• Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Drs. that deliberately overbook their appointment times, as though my time isn't important at all. I can see an occasional emergency, but not every time. I will wait 30 minutes, and then I will leave and stop by the desk and let them know why I am leaving.

I have billed Doctors for being late for my appointment. Never been payed yet, but it does get their attention.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options

[/quote]

So when you inevitably reschedule your appointment, does your doctor take into consideration why you had left? [/quote]

I'm sure that they list me as a "problem" patient. I'm not above telling the Dr. directly that I don't care for his scheduling practices. Most of the time, I do get seen much quicker. If it doesn't change, I no longer see that Dr.
    When I was seeing the orthopedic surgeon in town, and was kept waiting for an hour (1/2 hour in the waiting room, and another half hour in his examining room) I asked his nurse on my way out if he always ran behind. She told me he did because he would start having them schedule appointments at 8 am, and then he never arrived before 9, so he ran behind an hour every day. I never went back to him.

I love the idea of billing them for being late!! I always make it a point to be on time, so I think they should too. I used to see a gastroenterologist that ran his practice like a tight ship. He always was within 5 mintues of the appointment (and he didn't leave you sitting in the examining room for an extraordinary period of time either). Yet, when I saw him, I never felt rushed or like he wasn't listening to what I was saying.)

This is a small town and the Drs. here think they can do as they please, because they think they have a captive audience.

• elsie6hickman
    Options
    I agree that women's bathrooms are always disgusting, unless they have an attendant who is keeping things clean. I wonder what these messy women's home bathrooms are like.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of billing them for being late!! I always make it a point to be on time, so I think they should too. I used to see a gastroenterologist that ran his practice like a tight ship. He always was within 5 mintues of the appointment (and he didn't leave you sitting in the examining room for an extraordinary period of time either). Yet, when I saw him, I never felt rushed or like he wasn't listening to what I was saying.)

This is a small town and the Drs. here think they can do as they please, because they think they have a captive audience.

I live in a rural area and have no problem changing to Doctors that meet my need and not theirs.

Sometimes its a shock to them till I explain my bill rate is $256. That is what the company I used to work for charge the their customers and it was costing me $90 an hour to be there. Time is money. You are either spending it or earning it.
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    People in restaurants who blow their nose at the table while other tables are trying to eat,......use the rest room.
  • InfiniteInnerBeauty9190
    Options
    People who smack their lips when they eat. Know it alls. People who have the wrong number and still call you back three or four times as if you’ve mysteriously transformed into the person they are trying to reach.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    When my ranch comes with too much salad.

we need to party.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    There is a thing down here I call the "Alabama turn". You are going to turn so you come to a dead stop in the middle of the road, and then proceed to turn the steering wheel as slowly as possible and make the slowest turn possible.

When people say to me "You're not from around here, are you?"

Constant solicitations for donations.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When people at the gym take a bench just to sit their personal items on. Just selfish & inconsiderate. Also people who think they “own” a locker & leave their stuff in there locked 24/7.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    When people at the gym take a bench just to sit their personal items on. Just selfish & inconsiderate. Also people who think they “own” a locker & leave their stuff in there locked 24/7.

only thing worse than that, least imo, is those that don't put a lock on the locker at all.

i literally lose my mind a little more every time i open a locker up to put my stuff away and someone else already has their stuff in there. this happened to me with 5 lockers in a row a month ago and i nearly had an aneurysm.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Hyping holidays well before they are here. For example, today is September 10th, yet stores are rolling out Halloween decorations and in some stores, Christmas decorations. The day after Christmas, they will be rolling out the Valentines Day stuff. I feel like retail is trying to rush me through my life. You know how your grandparents told you that as you age, time goes by faster and faster - well, that happens to be true. But must I be rushed through my life by retail?
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    When people call you in the middle of a really REALLY good dream, waking you up.

Damnit! 😒
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Hyping holidays well before they are here. For example, today is September 10th, yet stores are rolling out Halloween decorations and in some stores, Christmas decorations. The day after Christmas, they will be rolling out the Valentines Day stuff. I feel like retail is trying to rush me through my life. You know how your grandparents told you that as you age, time goes by faster and faster - well, that happens to be true. But must I be rushed through my life by retail?

Depending on the weather, I walk through Target on my lunch hour and this bugs me so much! It also bugs me that Thanksgiving only gets a tiny end display when every other holiday gets like 2 aisles worth of stuff.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I cant even stand to look at my pet peeve. all that orange skin.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    When the phone rings all day long with nuisance calls.
  • Mandylou19912014
    Mandylou19912014 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves .. hmmmm
    . Travelling by train - people shutting your window without asking .. people eating smelly food
    . Navigating the streets - people who just suddenly stop (I deliberately send them packing) or people who walk looking down at their phone so you have to break dance around them ...
    . Photoshop .. it’s unrealistic and young impressionable people will feel inadequate when it’s actually a lie
    . Tax ... need I say anymore
    . Holidays - when people get up exceptionally early and lay a load of towels down and then not use them for most of the day ... prepare to find them floating in the pool

My list goes on .....
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    People who say something is a pet peeve of theirs, while committing said pet peeve.

Hmmmm....
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    When your main course comes before you can eat your salad or appetizer.
    And when your server waits until your mouth is full, before asking you if everything is okay. Or when they ask how everything is, before you get to try it.
    When I want my check, and the server has just disappeared.