Less Alcohol - August 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thanks @donimfp. I definitely am not a good moderator, am an all or nothing kind of thinker and have trouble finding/keeping balance in many aspects of life. Must remind myself to 'stay in the gray' a lot. But after that first drink I can't... and go for the all. Waking in the morning or middle of the night worried, trying to remember stuff, vowing to quit, is old. So is being the smart-*kitten*, silly drunk. I went AF for a while and then... not. Was a good practice run I guess. I like 'easy' (as opposed to so much in life that's anything but), and as andysport1 said I think AF will be much easier than (the struggle) of moderation. one. day/hour. at. a. time.

Like another said up the thread, many people here are putting themselves out there, sharing intimate details to help others and I really appreciate it. Thanks, everyone, for sharing your struggles and successes. You're helping a lot more people than you probably realize.

Congrats @donimfp on your 3 weeks. That's awesome, a lot to be proud of for sure. Hang in there, and again Thank You for addressing my post, you’re a blessing : :)
  • karenesg
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    @SpanishFusion I believe in prayer too. Also try meditation. You cant think clear while your anxious. I find that helps to get back into focus. Remember what u believe, stay strong.
    Wish you the best. I'll be adding you to my prayers. o:)<3

Hugs and prayers @SpanishFusion . Stay strong, wishing the best for you and your mom... the best care, support, peace <3
    "Remember what u believe" ... great advice for us all, thanks, @ElC_76
    I love all the support here
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    I just read a statistic that 7-12 percent of the population (depends on the source it ranged from 7-12) in America are Alcoholics. So, that means 90 percent of you aren’t and can continue to moderate successfully. That’s good news. Many of you have set your limits/goals and continue to meet them. I’m happy you can moderate; I wish I could. Sending @SpanishFusion another hug I’m sure the weekend was difficult. @karenesg It may take some ups and downs on your journey, but eventually you will find what works for you. Like @lorrainequiche59 says think of it in small terms. Just like our weight loss goals can be too daunting if we think of losing 50 pounds, Instead I think of ten pounds at a time. Good night my friends. Xo
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just a little reminder that kombucha tea is a good substitute .
    r48rle8har1v.jpg
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I was just exploring Australia's official health site, and read a good tip for controlling your drinking.

"Keep track of your drinking habits. Instead of relying on memory, jot down your drinks in a diary to see exactly how much and how often you drink."

Logging in MFP should really help with this. You're all logging, right? :smile:

Or you might find it easier to start a spreadsheet or notebook. I find keeping statistics is a way of keeping honest with myself.
  • karenesg
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    Happy Monday everyone. Hope those of you that had the goal to be AF were able to stick to it! I was definitely challenged this weekend, as I had some extra calories and did a bunch of work on the house in hot, humid weather. This is typically the time when I'd slug 3-4 beers before even thinking about anything else. The thought crossed my mind, but I'm committed to my current goal and had a couple of diet cokes instead.

@JohnBarth - That is AWESOME!!!! Good for you!! I have trouble in situations like this too. I admire your determination