Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• travelgirlnyc
    travelgirlnyc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have committed to recording my meals on My Fitness Pal. Even if I slip up, I have to record it. That's my goal each day,
  • seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have committed to recording my meals on My Fitness Pal. Even if I slip up, I have to record it. That's my goal each day,

Totally reasonable goal! It’s one of mine too. I do even when I go over my allotted calories, it’s sobering but helps me stay on track. You’ve got this!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Being interactive in these forums has been a big help for me as well. 15 days in and it doesn't feel like too much hassle...yet.

...Yet - LOL. It’s helpful there’s no drama on the board. Just people around the globe hustling to lose a few pounds. :)
  • seatownbibti
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I finally took some measurements. :o Is anybody else doing this? How do I measure my waist without sucking in a bit?!??
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I measure the 1st of every month, I have lost 20 lbs since March, started measuring in May. I have lost 11 inches total only 3.5 from my waist. I want to suck in too, but I’m only lying to myself so I’m honest. I do make it snug though.
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    I measure the 1st of every month, I have lost 20 lbs since March, started measuring in May. I have lost 11 inches total only 3.5 from my waist. I want to suck in too, but I’m only lying to myself so I’m honest. I do make it snug though.

Thx @Snowflake1968 ! I like the monthly cadence.
  • judyz1
    judyz1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started exercising with weights in Feb. My diet however is out of control. I lost 10# but have gained it back. 40 is my goal!!!
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I'm 53. Started up again with MFP in June and have lost almost 15 lbs. Still have 40 to go. Would love to have friend with this goal! I log daily and my diary is open to friends. Feel free to friend me!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    @judyz1 and @kmfeig87 you're in the right place - let's do this! :)
  • travelgirlnyc
    travelgirlnyc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Uggh! Bad, bad eating day. Think I felt down as I’m battling some kind of cough/cold and thus gave myself permission to “freestyle” with food, LOL. I’m learning, though. MFP is teaching me about calories and macros, whereas before (and today) I just ate mindlessly...
  • mybattle2006
    mybattle2006 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will join you. I have a lot more to lose than you, but I’ll start with 40. Good luck! You got this!
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Made it through vacation without going the wrong way! :lol:

10 down. 30 to re-evaluation. 40 to tentative goal.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I too need to lose 40lbs.
    I'm 26 and have 3 girls aged 4 2 and 6months, after my most recent baby my body has not sprung back like it had on my previous babies.
    So I'm now at my heaviest.

182 lbs SW
    145 lbs GW

So 37lbs I need to lose!
    Ive lost a couple of lbs but it's going very slowly.
    I also need to double check my scales.. I think the bathroom floor is wonky so it might be giving me inaccurate measurements!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Made it through vacation without going the wrong way! :lol:

10 down. 30 to re-evaluation. 40 to tentative goal.
    That’s awesome @solorex .. welcome back! Hope u had a great vacay!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I'm 26 and have 3 girls aged 4 2 and 6months, after my most recent baby my body has not sprung back like it had on my previous babies.

182 lbs SW
    145 lbs GW

So 37lbs I need to lose!
    I also need to double check my scales.. I think the bathroom floor is wonky so it might be giving me inaccurate measurements!

Wow @Bex953172 ! You are a busy mama! Give yourself some grace.. with three I suspect you’re not getting uninterrupted sleep, which is a factor in how we lose or hold on to weight. Definitely check with your doc re: calories and loss if you are still breastfeeding. But u can do this.. welcome!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    Uggh! Bad, bad eating day. Think I felt down as I’m battling some kind of cough/cold and thus gave myself permission to “freestyle” with food, LOL. I’m learning, though. MFP is teaching me about calories and macros, whereas before (and today) I just ate mindlessly...

@travelgirlnyc I agree! MFP has held a mirror up to my mindless eating too. Now, I know what it will look like on my diary and that last screen of the day “if every day were today...” and I step away. Good job for recognizing!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    I will join you. I have a lot more to lose than you, but I’ll start with 40. Good luck! You got this!

Welcome @mybattle2006 ! 40 is a great start.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

182 lbs SW
    145 lbs GW

So 37lbs I need to lose!

Wow @Bex953172 ! You are a busy mama! Give yourself some grace.. with three I suspect you’re not getting uninterrupted sleep, which is a factor in how we lose or hold on to weight. Definitely check with your doc re: calories and loss if you are still breastfeeding. But u can do this.. welcome!

Nope not breastfeeding and I have been bless with sleepy kids haha from 12 weeks Ive had full nights sleep lol
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    I found this post today. To me it’s a great reminder about simply showing up, logging the calories and weighing in, even when you’re over.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10373426/how-making-choices-has-helped-me-lose-over-80-pounds#latest
  • mybattle2006
    mybattle2006 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Welcome @mybattle2006 ! 40 is a great start.

I need to break it down into smaller chunks so this will work. I have 100 to lose from my start weight. Already down 4.1 so it’s a start! So 40 by Feb is almost half way to my goal! 😊