Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mybattle2006 ! 40 is a great start. [/quote]

I need to break it down into smaller chunks so this will work. I have 100 to lose from my start weight. Already down 4.1 so it’s a start! So 40 by Feb is almost half way to my goal! 😊

[/quote]
    Agree! Smaller goals make it easier somehow to achieve. I’m buying all new lingerie (TMI ?) at 10 pounds lost. I realize I’ll have to buy more at my goal weight but It’s a reward that is a true incentive for me!
  • annabananaLA
    annabananaLA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group?! I’m in LA and 38. I quit Weight Watchers in June after losing 22 pounds. That leaves me not nearly close to my goal, and I have not been doing that well without the weekly accountability. I just got on the scale this morning and it had gone WAY in the wrong direction. I would LOVE to lose 40 by Feb. I’ve just started an exercise habit after not having one at all, but I’ve compensated by eating whatever I want. I need to get on the horse! I have been dieting my whole life and I cannot go down with this ship.
  • judyz1
    judyz1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut back on carbs... any good meal/snack ideas out there?
  • bluepoppy88
    bluepoppy88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started at 224 and have lost 20 pounds since june 13th eith a major stall for a month I still have 60 to lose I didnt have a set date to lose it by but I think Feb sounds good cause my bday is in April lol feel free to add me
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    I'm never going to lose even a pound by February if I don't start taking this more seriously. August has just been a whirlwind and the weather, smoke, and feeling of blah has made me fail on my goals almost daily. Time to pull up my big girl panties and start doing!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group?! I’m in LA and 38. I quit Weight Watchers in June after losing 22 pounds. That leaves me not nearly close to my goal, and I have not been doing that well without the weekly accountability. I just got on the scale this morning and it had gone WAY in the wrong direction. I would LOVE to lose 40 by Feb. I’ve just started an exercise habit after not having one at all, but I’ve compensated by eating whatever I want. I need to get on the horse! I have been dieting my whole life and I cannot go down with this ship.

@annabananaLA Never too late! Make some new friends here and let's do this. Since joining this group and MFP three weeks ago I've lost 6 pounds and I swear it's b'c of the daily logging and accountability AND the props I get from the peeps here.
  • seatownbibti
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm never going to lose even a pound by February if I don't start taking this more seriously. August has just been a whirlwind and the weather, smoke, and feeling of blah has made me fail on my goals almost daily. Time to pull up my big girl panties and start doing!

C'mon @Snowflake1968 -- you've got this! I understand about smoke and August chaos. Don't think about February, think about today. Every meal or move is a choice. Instead of taking something away, add something good. A walk, some exercise, some veg, some whole food.

I start my mornings with a short visualization. What I'm going to eat, how I'm going to move and feel. It helps me set the tone and success for the day. Join me!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options

C'mon @Snowflake1968 -- you've got this! I understand about smoke and August chaos. Don't think about February, think about today. Every meal or move is a choice. Instead of taking something away, add something good. A walk, some exercise, some veg, some whole food.

I start my mornings with a short visualization. What I'm going to eat, how I'm going to move and feel. It helps me set the tone and success for the day. Join me!

That is a good way to start the day. I will join you.
  • annabananaLA
    Options
    One day after being “back on track” and the scale is down two pounds. I know it is water weight, I knew it before, but it still feels good!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    One day after being “back on track” and the scale is down two pounds. I know it is water weight, I knew it before, but it still feels good!

progress is progress!
  • GenGen1616
    GenGen1616 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know you guys have been chatting for a while, hoping you've got room for one more? I've set a goal of 30 lbs to get to a really comfortable weight for me. I'm 165 and about 5'2" and what I'd really love is to comfortably wear a size 8! To get into those size 8 jeans by Feb would be simply amazing! I know checking in with people makes the difference, keeps me logging and keeps me focused.
  • annabananaLA
    Options
    GenGen1616 wrote: »
    I know you guys have been chatting for a while, hoping you've got room for one more? I've set a goal of 30 lbs to get to a really comfortable weight for me. I'm 165 and about 5'2" and what I'd really love is to comfortably wear a size 8! To get into those size 8 jeans by Feb would be simply amazing! I know checking in with people makes the difference, keeps me logging and keeps me focused.

I just joined this chat too! Welcome! I always used to say that if I were a size eight I would walk around naked. Probably not the best idea but it shows how much of a goal it is!
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I think today may end up being the first day in a month I've been tracking that I'm likely to blow out my calorie allotment by >10%. I guess 1 day a month isn't too bad for starters. :lol:
  • GenGen1616
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    I think today may end up being the first day in a month I've been tracking that I'm likely to blow out my calorie allotment by >10%. I guess 1 day a month isn't too bad for starters. :lol:

I'd say it's remarkable! Way to go. Hope the 10% was something really good.
  • GenGen1616
    Options
    aayala0496 wrote: »
    Anyone else on a mission to lose 40lbs? Let's hold each other accountable and do this journey together.

5 Months to Feb 1st starts in a couple of days - were you thinking of some check-in days/dates or something along those lines to stay motivated? (rah rah rah)
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    GenGen1616 wrote: »

There’s always room! Welcome! I have a pair of pants that are begging me to come back too. Let’s do this!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I have a great help toward you reaching your goals! Check out the FAT2FIT Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group... This is an awesome group that helps provide lots of motivation and support.

We compete in a friendly weight loss competition - there are 5 teams of approximately 40 challengers per team. We have weekly group challenges, moderator challenges, individual challenges and right now we have a really big step challenge going on. This is a great site for boosting your motivation.

Check us out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Questions - just tag me in a reply ( @steplaj ) or my co-moderator Irene ( @ihp2015 )

Thanks
    Steve
  • cookiecat90
    cookiecat90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    40lb is 18kg and I want to lose 20kg (44lb) by January 2019 for my daughter's wedding.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    February will be here b4 we know it, let's rip this $%#@. Thank you, everyone, for keeping me honest, tracking every day. I love MFP and all my cheering squad 😘
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    @seatownbibti I finally snagged some of the lemon curd Ellenos.....oh my goodness. I hate you now. :tongue: