Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    @seatownbibti I finally snagged some of the lemon curd Ellenos.....oh my goodness. I hate you now. :tongue:

Sorry. Not Sorry. ;)
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Week #5 check in (8/27-9/2)

Days on or under calorie target : 6/7 days
    +/- Weekly calorie target (14,468) : -320 (-2.2%)
    Total lbs lost/goal : 12/50 (24%)

I did blow out the calorie target on Sunday pretty bad, but I went to a friend's retirement party (39 years @ Boeing), so I ended up throwing caution to the wind for a day. I did keep track and logged the consumption. I was prepared to face the consequences, but overall for the week I ended up ok as I was trending a bit under the rest of the week...which covered the 600+ blowout on Sunday. :lol:
  • solorex
    Options
    On a 5mi post-work hike.
  • sashley95as3252
    Options
    That’s the goal. I’m at my heaviest (240) and it’s hard not having anyone but myself to push me through this (This is probably my 8th time starting) or having someone who understands. My boyfriend is just naturally very little and so is his family, of course they tell me ‘oh diet and exercise’ but sadly, it’s much easier said than done.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    People want a pill to take, or some quick fix to lose weight, don't want to have to work at weight loss. It just takes work, that's all there is to it. Ask yourself "Am I worth it?" Of course! I track everything, and make more effort to exercise, nothing special, no hurry, and I'm down 40 lbs in six months.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    August was a terrible month for me, losing my least amount of weight in a month since I have started to lose weight back in February. Too many smoky or rainy days also made for my least active month since I started walking in April.

I am back on track for September so far and hope to make up a little ground for August's dismal loss.

I now have 5 months to lose 39 pounds instead of 6 to lose 40....
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    August was a terrible month for me, losing my least amount of weight in a month since I have started to lose weight back in February. Too many smoky or rainy days also made for my least active month since I started walking in April.

I am back on track for September so far and hope to make up a little ground for August's dismal loss.

I now have 5 months to lose 39 pounds instead of 6 to lose 40....

It happens. Keep looking forward. I’ve had some ups and downs too. But what matters is today. Hang in there!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    Sometimes this is hard. And the progress is slow. But progress is progress and I’m 6+ pounds lighter than when this thread started. So thank you all for being here and for the support along the way.
  • solorex
    Options
    Thread bump!

Still progressing. Got a couple walks in this week. Also taking the plunge into rehabilitating the bikes and getting them back into service (road & mountain).
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You are all helping me stay motivated, thank you. Every day I track, it gets easier. I keep telling myself, you're worth all the effort, I'll be glad when I reach goal. Down 40 pounds and counting, more than halfway to my ideal weight.
  • DoomSlayer2020
    DoomSlayer2020 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I’m down 108lbs, last 19lbs before I hit my target weight, add away if you’d like ☺️🤙🏻💪🏻
  • crystalhilborn
    crystalhilborn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am also looking to lose about 40 pounds and need a support buddy. :-)
  • Ms_Lezli
    Ms_Lezli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I want to lose 30-35 pounds by March 2019. I am 46 with three boys. I would love to have friends on this journey. Please add me because I can’t figure out how to add friends.
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Please add me to this group. I am 53 and am miserable. I FEEL like there is a gigantic tumor across my abdomen, but it’s just FAT 😬. I am serious about loosing weight.
  • mooncatdesignsatx
    Options
    5 years ago I went from 265 to 150 lbs with the help of MFP and a 1200 calorie per day diet, and lots of running due to very high anxiety.

I've gained roughly 60 pounds back over the last couple years because of bad relationship eating. But now I'm in a great one! And my anxiety has lessened - which I hear is great for weight loss! The only thing is, now that I'm happy, I'm hungry and I don't feel like running xD

I've had to find other exercises to do, like hiking and dancing, to keep myself moving. I switched to standing most of the day as well.

I'm a 27 year old, started at 226 pounds and am 216 now. My goal is 180 (so my original goal was 40 pounds ish.) I would love to get back to 150-160 but I'm gonna stop at 180 and re evaluate how I feel. I have lots of pics from back then saved as motivation! It helps because it's me in the photos - I did it before and know I can do it again! It's crazy how much harder it has gotten just from 21-27 though. I'm glad I didn't wait longer.
  • mlepore3831
    mlepore3831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting again (yeah!) thought I could do it alone on MFP without any online help and motivation. Hasn't worked so here I am. :) Looking to loose first 40 by February, and the keep going :-) Have a happy day y'all!
  • rissy_roo03
    rissy_roo03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps. I'm Marissa. I'm a Pisces, I like cookies, and I'm serial starter/serial failure when it comes to losing weight. This is my...fourth or fifth time doing MFP, the most recent being last year. I dropped about 20lbs between November 2017 and March 2018 on a 1200 calorie/day diet and it was freaking awesome. Even got over my gym anxiety and started working out regularly. So gaining those 20lbs AND an additional 8 or 9lbs back as of today? Not so awesome. Seriously...I was in ONEderland for, like, three weeks for the first time in over a decade and I royally screwed it up. Therefore, since I quite liked having a distinctive hourglass body shape instead of a looking like a stumpy potato, I'd like to get back to that lifestyle.

Let's be friends.

SW: 225.2LBS
    CW: 225.2LBS
    GW: 150LBS

:smile:
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I’ll be checking in here frequently because these weekend / unstructured, busy kid days are more challenging for me than the work week. I mean c’mon, the fridge and pantry are SO close! Have a great weekend everyone! :):)

30 lbs to lose here, desperately need a support group to keep me accountable. I cannot stop snacking and though I exercise daily it isn't enough to offset my comfort/stress/compulsive eating. Please feel free to add me and give me a swift kick in the butt.
  • justbreathesrw28
    justbreathesrw28 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That is my goal as well! I hoping for 40-50lbs by 2/22/19 as I leave for a 9 day trip to Hawaii!! Lets do this!!
  • solorex
    Options
    Welcome newbies! You got this. :wink: