Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• klorben
    klorben Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi from Boston! I’m aiming to lose (at least) 40 by April 2019. Really, I could stand to lose 50-55 overall, but a cruise in April is serving as some strong motivation right now! I’d love to have more friends on here, so please add me!
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes- me too! I'm from Houston, I need to lose 40lbs by Feb 23. My daughter is having a quinceanera! I definitely want to look my best and actually take part in some family portraits. No avoiding the camera...

• gabi_texanmom
    Options
    aayala0496 wrote: »
    A little about my journey so far. I've attempted to lose weight multiple times and have failed myself more than I can count. This 2018 resolution was the same as my 2017 and 2016 and so on. I will be graduating from college next spring and I decided enough was enough! I want to be proud and confident of my body not humbled behind some oversized sweater or hoody. I officially began my journey in January weighing in at 190lbs at 5'2''. So far I've lost 18.6lbs with just a little over 40lbs left to hit my goal weight of 130lbs. I have to admit, this journey has been far from perfect. I've fallen down, but have gotten right back up. I've limited myself to 1,200 cal a day with at least 1 hour of exercise. All I can say is that I've forgotten over the years on how to take care of myself. I'm ready to close this chapter and start a new one. I'm hoping to find some aspiring and hardworking friends to keep each other motivated!

This is my story too...we just have to keep getting right back up!
  • seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    G'morning from Seattle everyone - I hope your day is going well. :)

I started this morning with a birthday breakfast for my son. As I was making his yogurt, granola, berry "birthday" parfait. I took a bite of the yogurt - which is divine. Locally made, lemon curd, like dessert! And then I had another bite and another and another. I stopped and realized the mindless way I was eating as I was preparing someone else's food. I have done this a lot in my past, especially since having kids. Come to think of it - only since having kids.

Mindless eating has contributed more calories to my day more times than I can count. I'm sure it's part of the reason my weight crept up and why I have stopped and started so many times.

This time IS different though. So I quickly added the calories, about 142 (!), and am adding that to my morning journaling. Only mindful eating from here on out.

Anybody else have a challenge with mindless eating?
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've yo-yo'ed 25 pounds for the least several years, and am getting older so my metabolism needs a kick in the pants! I've got a knee injury that has me sitting more than I'd like, and I need to re-commit to my paleo/keto diet. Would love encouragement and a little tough love!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    I am 49 will be 50 in September. I have been on a mission to lose 60 pounds since February 2018 and am giving myself until July 2019. I think though that 40 pounds by February sounds like a good goal and would have me 5 months ahead of my plan!

I am practicing portion control and moderate exercise. The last two times I lost weight I went crazy with the exercise and didn't find it sustainable long term. This time I'm concentrating more on balancing the diet so I'm in a loss. I don't do Cheat days, but on Sundays and some special occasions coming up I do allow myself to go into maintenance.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options

I started this morning with a birthday breakfast for my son. As I was making his yogurt, granola, berry "birthday" parfait. I took a bite of the yogurt - which is divine. Locally made, lemon curd, like dessert! And then I had another bite and another and another. I stopped and realized the mindless way I was eating as I was preparing someone else's food. I have done this a lot in my past, especially since having kids. Come to think of it - only since having kids.

Mindless eating has contributed more calories to my day more times than I can count. I'm sure it's part of the reason my weight crept up and why I have stopped and started so many times.

This time IS different though. So I quickly added the calories, about 142 (!), and am adding that to my morning journaling. Only mindful eating from here on out.

I think the fact that you stopped and logged it says a lot. I eat out of boredom a lot. It has been a struggle stopping that habit.
  • gabi_texanmom
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi All! It’s been a week since Aayala0496 launched this group. I only joined three days ago but So far I have enjoyed making new friends and entering my meals. I’ve also lost 3 pounds which I’m pretty sure is water weight, but hey, I’ll take it.

I especially like the screen that pops up after I have entered my meals and it says “if every day were like today it I would weigh xx in five weeks.”

Personal challenges I set for myself this week were to drink my water eliminate added sugar and get more exercise. So far I am drinking my water and getting more exercise but some added sugar has crept in. My daughter has discovered baking. Need I say more? 😂

What is motivating you this week?

OMG I LOVE THAT SCREEN! It's the best feeling and I try to visualize myself 5 weeks in the future. It really helps me want to come back the next day.

My personal challenges are to drink my water, NO late night snacks, and I'm trying a new healthy recipe every Sunday. I made zucchini boats last Sunday (they were a big hit!), so I am searching for our next adventurous meal.
  • gabi_texanmom
    Options
    klorben wrote: »
    Hi from Boston! I’m aiming to lose (at least) 40 by April 2019. Really, I could stand to lose 50-55 overall, but a cruise in April is serving as some strong motivation right now! I’d love to have more friends on here, so please add me!

How fun! Where are you going? I haven't been on a cruise in years, I sure miss them!

• gabi_texanmom
    Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son!! I hope he has a wonderful day.

Yum to the lemon curd yogurt - although my weaknesses are the crunchy things. Ohhhh chips and dips. We were at the beach this last weekend, and I started mindlessly crunching on some chips...then a little cheese dip...then a little hummus. I had to stop myself and log them too. The worst thing is that I wasn't even hungry - just thirsty. I drank some water, joined my daughters in the water, and got myself away from the snacks ASAP.
  • seatownbibti
    edited August 2018
    Options

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son!! I hope he has a wonderful day.

Yum to the lemon curd yogurt - although my weaknesses are the crunchy things. Ohhhh chips and dips. We were at the beach this last weekend, and I started mindlessly crunching on some chips...then a little cheese dip...then a little hummus. I had to stop myself and log them too. The worst thing is that I wasn't even hungry - just thirsty. I drank some water, joined my daughters in the water, and got myself away from the snacks ASAP.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

CRUNCHY SALTY is my KRYPTONITE! So we are kindred spirits ... or eaters! Loved your comment as well re: the screen predicting weight loss. I swear that screen keeps me from snacking or binging. Guess I'm becoming addicted to the screen?
  • seatownbibti
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Lunching and posting at my desk today.. :smile: vzb8qa4eeduc.jpg

Roasted Chicken, Kale & Wild Rice Salad, Avocado, Blueberries. And I logged it!
  • courtneyjbeard
    courtneyjbeard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also need to be loosing a few dozen pounds. I will be really organized and dedicated for a few weeks and then I fall off the wagon. Looking to be held accountable!
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    I also need to be loosing a few dozen pounds. I will be really organized and dedicated for a few weeks and then I fall off the wagon. Looking to be held accountable!

This is a great place for accountability. :) Welcome!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Just realized today is my half birthday. With my goal of 1.5#/week, this puts me at 39 pounds by February, so this group is perfect! Please add me if you like. I log food regularly and try to be fairly accurate. I don't log exercise, as I like to see my unadjusted calorie consumption vs. my customized goal.
  • jaleda982
    jaleda982 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here. Would love some support and accountability, because, I too am trying to lose 40 lbs by Feb. Since starting in July, ive loss 8 lbs. For the month of August, my minimal goal is 5 lbs, but if I lose more , I'll definitely be happy, but its a bonus if I do, so I wouldn't be upset if it were only 5. Best wishes!!!
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I'm working along a similar timeline (40-50 by next summer). I'll probably follow here for continued motivation. Ultimately I'll get there when I get there if I can make the lifestyle changes, but a target to shoot for never hurts.

@seatownbibti What is the lemon curd yogurt? I'm a sucker for the citrus based yogurts, especially the lemon & lime ones. I'd like to see if I can find any in town (Bellingham), or worst case on my next trip down to the Seattle area. Cheers.
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    I'm working along a similar timeline (40-50 by next summer). I'll probably follow here for continued motivation. Ultimately I'll get there when I get there if I can make the lifestyle changes, but a target to shoot for never hurts.

@seatownbibti What is the lemon curd yogurt? I'm a sucker for the citrus based yogurts, especially the lemon & lime ones. I'd like to see if I can find any in town (Bellingham), or worst case on my next trip down to the Seattle area. Cheers.

@solorex Agree - And good luck!

As for the amazing yogurt: Ellenos. I bet u can find it at Hagens or maybe the Co-Op. Ellenos started in Pike Place Market. Really delicious. Maybe too delicious?
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »

@solorex Agree - And good luck!

As for the amazing yogurt: Ellenos. I bet u can find it at Hagens or maybe the Co-Op. Ellenos started in Pike Place Market. Really delicious. Maybe too delicious?

Yup! I've seen Ellenos at my Haggen's down the street. Have to pick some up and try it out. :smile: Thanks @seatownbibti
  • Msphatbootie
    Msphatbootie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes!!! i want join!! i’m 5’2 and 160lbs- I’ve been trying to eat better and work out but I’m just lazy and lack motivation. So what do I need to do?
    Do i post daily activity or meals consumed?