Trying to lose 40lbs by February 2019

Options

Replies

• randielizabethwatts
    randielizabethwatts Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I’m 160 down from 179 and would like to get to 120 before i start bulking. Add me! I’d love some friends on here :)
  • seatownbibti
    seatownbibti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    solorex wrote: »
    I'm working along a similar timeline (40-50 by next summer). I'll probably follow here for continued motivation. Ultimately I'll get there when I get there if I can make the lifestyle changes, but a target to shoot for never hurts.

@seatownbibti What is the lemon curd yogurt? I'm a sucker for the citrus based yogurts, especially the lemon & lime ones. I'd like to see if I can find any in town (Bellingham), or worst case on my next trip down to the Seattle area. Cheers.

@solorex Agree - And good luck!

As for the amazing yogurt: Ellenos. I bet u can find it at Hagens or maybe the Co-Op. Ellenos started in Pike Place Market. Really delicious. Maybe too delicious?

Yup! I've seen Ellenos at my Haggen's down the street. Have to pick some up and try it out. :smile: Thanks @seatownbibti

@solorex LMK what you think!
  • Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm in top

I'm a Man 48 , Starting weight. 187 lbs goal : 155 lbs that makes 32 lbs to lose.

Regards
  • aayala0496
    aayala0496 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome to see such an overwhelming response to this group! When beginning this discussion, I had no idea how many people had similar goals as me. Whether you have 40lbs to go, more than 40, or maybe even less, I am truly inspired by each and everyone's story. For the past week and a half, I have seen nothing but success and positivity in my feed. I have to say, I am truly so happy to have found a group of people who continue to motivate each other through encouragement and hope. Our bodies are so unique and different, that what might work for someone may not work for someone else. So thank you all for having the patience to guide someone through the tunnel and find the light again. I have such a good feeling about this group!
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Being around people w/ like goals or at least similar hobbies/lifestyles can make it easier to keep your head in the game. Whether it's in person or on a forum, your mind is continually thinking about it.

I've never cared enough to do anything about my weight before. I've been doing a bit of hiking this summer as work has finally slowed down enough for me to have weekends again. This journey all started when I found out about the built in step counter on the Apple Health app (iPhone 6s)...which led me to discovering the MFP app. I actually ended up playing around w/ the app for a couple days before I even realized there was a forum associated w/ it. What started out as merely playing around out of curiosity, pretty quickly evolved into a changing mindset after hanging around a couple threads for a couple days.

If I can do this w/o it being a major impact on my current way of life or a major consumption of time I'll give it a crack. I don't weigh my food, I just utilize the barcode scanner for packaged foods and the search function and best guess for portion/serving size. Is it the most accurate, no it's not...I'm not going to lie. But in the interest of keeping it simple so I may actually stick with it, it's the best way to go for me right now. Having never kept tabs on what I ate before, it's still a huge step in the right direction. I try to be as honest as I can, but I'm sure my numbers are always a little over or a little under. Close enough for now. There may come a time that I do need to get more precise to continue forward, but I'll worry about that once I get there. A week in seeing some results on the scale and not feeling like I've put out that much additional effort, and not feeling hungry all the time, I'm going to give this a go. Time will tell if I can stick with it, but this is the first time I've truly wanted to make a change. Hanging around here will help.

I'm just looking at making little changes at a time. I'm not looking at an immediate full life overhaul...that only increases my chance of failure. So for now it's alternating some water w/ the coffee while at work. Logging my food, and trying to hit my cal target (based on 1lb a week loss). Also getting out for a walk/hike 2-3 times a week (maybe try to start working in push-ups & sit-ups in the evening). I'm not looking at changing what I eat full sail, but I have noticed I've been making some substitutions here and there because what I was looking at eats up too much of my daily allowance. Also the only exercise that's getting logged is what the iPhone transfers over from the step counter. So any extra work I do around the house or other exercise is just a bonus.
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    YES! I was 235, and lost 50. I hit menopause and gained 30 back :(
  • kchapman588
    kchapman588 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 55 pounds. And I just started.
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    aayala0496 wrote: »
    It is so awesome to see such an overwhelming response to this group! When beginning this discussion, I had no idea how many people had similar goals as me. Whether you have 40lbs to go, more than 40, or maybe even less, I am truly inspired by each and everyone's story. For the past week and a half, I have seen nothing but success and positivity in my feed. I have to say, I am truly so happy to have found a group of people who continue to motivate each other through encouragement and hope. Our bodies are so unique and different, that what might work for someone may not work for someone else. So thank you all for having the patience to guide someone through the tunnel and find the light again. I have such a good feeling about this group!

I'm grateful you set up this group. I'm loving the positive 'tudes too and I really appreciate the accountability factor. And I adore the final screen of the night "If every day were like this... " <3
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    I am trying to lose 55 pounds. And I just started.

Awesome! You’ll get get some good support and ideas here.
  • seatownbibti
    Options
    wdedoelder wrote: »
    YES! I was 235, and lost 50. I hit menopause and gained 30 back :(

@wdedoelder
    That’s harsh. I’m 48 and finding losing lbs much harder than in my 30s. :s Have u read anything by Dr Sara Gottfried? She’s super knowledgeable in all things women, hormones, weight loss.
  • rouxrose
    rouxrose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I’m in! Feel free to add me,

I’m from San Diego and eat a completely vegan diet.
    I weighed 140 before having my son and the weight came right off and was at 145 within a year.. I thought I was out of the red zone but then we weaned and then life happened(marriage falling apart) and I’ve gained nearly 30lbs.

I’ve used MFP in the past and it’s how I lost 60lbs and got to my 140 goal over 5 years ago.

Well now I’m divorced, and a young single mom (25yrs)
    So 140 was my goal again.. but idk I’m suddenly feeling motivated to break that wall and lose 40lbs.
    My goal date is March 1st. That will put me at about 125-130lbs 🙌🏽🙏🏽 that would be insanely amazing.
    I’m 5’7” btw! BMI currently 26

Right now I’m focused on being active everyday, using my Apple Watch to track that. Along with keeping my fat intake under 15% Getting good sleep.. and slowly picking up my water intake(any advice on that part, why is drinking water so hard??..)

We got this babes!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    rouxrose wrote: »

I weighed 140 before having my son and the weight came right off and was at 145 within a year.. I thought I was out of the red zone but then we weaned and then life happened(marriage falling apart) and I’ve gained nearly 30lbs.

I’ve used MFP in the past and it’s how I lost 60lbs and got to my 140 goal over 5 years ago.

So 140 was my goal again.. but idk I’m suddenly feeling motivated to break that wall and lose 40lbs.
    My goal date is March 1st. That will put me at about 125-130lbs 🙌🏽🙏🏽 that would be insanely amazing.

Right now I’m focused on being active everyday, using my Apple Watch to track that. Along with keeping my fat intake under 15% Getting good sleep.. and slowly picking up my water intake(any advice on that part, why is drinking water so hard??..)

We got this babes!

I found that if I don't start drinking my water by around 10 in the morning it's almost impossible to get it all in. I use 500ml bottles so I drink 2 at work, 1 with supper and 1 in the evening. I still struggle on weekends getting it in because I forget to start early enough.
  • seatownbibti
    edited August 2018
    Options
    rouxrose wrote: »

We got this babes!

I found that if I don't start drinking my water by around 10 in the morning it's almost impossible to get it all in. I use 500ml bottles so I drink 2 at work, 1 with supper and 1 in the evening. I still struggle on weekends getting it in because I forget to start early enough.

Agree @Snowflake1968 I keep at least 15 ounces by my bed so I can drink first thing in the morning. And I try to drink MOST of my h2o before 3pm. While the first few days are spent coming and going to the women's bathroom, my body settles in and the trips are not so frequent. Slowing or stopping caffeine is also helpful. Welcome @rouxrose !! Let's do this! P.S. Feel free to share your favorite vegan meals here... I'm a veg heavy omnivore (minus dairy)!
  • irais2209
    irais2209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nicole3921 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me! I’m starting over again at 175lbs and 5 foot. My goal is to get back down to 130’s

I am exactly in the same journey as you, let's lose the extra weight.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps! Hope everyone is staying motivated. :wink:

Got a busy day today. Housecleaning, dump/recycle run, company picnic, buddy's birthday bbq, and need to pack for the upcoming vacation.

Today's a new day. Get after it! :tongue:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    Going to an antique store today with my youngest daughter. Hoping to get more decorations for her wedding next summer. If we don’t find anything, I guess it will just be s nice drive with her. Spending some time with my husband tonight!

Happy Saturday everyone.