If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I think it would be sad if this thread devolved into people criticizing each other's guilty pleasures :cry:

I really came here to say these are dangerous. Like accidentally eat half the box while watching TV dangerous

lkfijils1ntx.jpg

I know, I should have ignored it, haha.

That looks amazing, though. One thing I love about cinnamon toast crunch offshoots is they never skimp on the sugar topping.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Jet's Pizza deep dish duo with onion (pepperoni shown). Basically cheese sticks on one side and pizza on the other.

Jet-s-Pizza_8cffc692-5056-a348-3a41dc67efb27482.jpg

That looks yummy :yum:

See... I find nothing appealing about this at all. I would definitely not be eating this if I had the calories. To me this isnt a pizza. The one above is more like it for sure.

Is this like a New York vs. Chicago thing? Do I need to put on an accent?

It's definitely not a Chicago thing. Where is the sauce on that pizza?!

I've seen deep dish pizza, not Chicago style with sauce on top, referred to as Detroit style. No idea if that's accurate or not though!

41e1auamilwr.jpg

This is Chicago style, with the sauce on top. According to wikipedia, Detroit-style is the rectangular pizza.

Side note: I could really go for a Lou Malnati's pizza right now.

That reminds me of the best pizza I have ever had. A Chicago style deep dish I ordered while in Chicago for work. I ordered a "small" and had a very hard time eating even half of it. (It very dense and heavy. Think personal pan pizza hut, but twice as thick with 5 times the cheese.) But boy I sure did try. I then saved the other half for breakfast and ate as much of that as I could. The resulting heartburn and indigestion during my travels home that day were well worth it. :lol: Since anything resembling a true deep dish is non existant where I live, I've been meaning to make one for a while now... Perhaps soon I will make my dreams reality...
  • RelCanonical
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Jet's Pizza deep dish duo with onion (pepperoni shown). Basically cheese sticks on one side and pizza on the other.

Jet-s-Pizza_8cffc692-5056-a348-3a41dc67efb27482.jpg

That looks yummy :yum:

See... I find nothing appealing about this at all. I would definitely not be eating this if I had the calories. To me this isnt a pizza. The one above is more like it for sure.

Is this like a New York vs. Chicago thing? Do I need to put on an accent?

It's definitely not a Chicago thing. Where is the sauce on that pizza?!

I've seen deep dish pizza, not Chicago style with sauce on top, referred to as Detroit style. No idea if that's accurate or not though!

41e1auamilwr.jpg

This is Chicago style, with the sauce on top. According to wikipedia, Detroit-style is the rectangular pizza.

Side note: I could really go for a Lou Malnati's pizza right now.

That reminds me of the best pizza I have ever had. A Chicago style deep dish I ordered while in Chicago for work. I ordered a "small" and had a very hard time eating even half of it. (It very dense and heavy. Think personal pan pizza hut, but twice as thick with 5 times the cheese.) But boy I sure did try. I then saved the other half for breakfast and ate as much of that as I could. The resulting heartburn and indigestion during my travels home that day were well worth it. :lol: Since anything resembling a true deep dish is non existant where I live, I've been meaning to make one for a while now... Perhaps soon I will make my dreams reality...

I had one on a trip to Chicago too, and loved it. No one else seemed to like it, but my thing was taking the crust and dipping it into the sauce. I loved the texture of the crust.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I think it would be sad if this thread devolved into people criticizing each other's guilty pleasures :cry:

If this is directed at me, I was in no way meaning to criticize anyone's choices. I really hope it wasn't taken that way!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I have zero issues spending $5-10 for what i really want once in awhile (a few times a year).
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    I saw these for the first time at the store.

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg
    Those are a combination of "If money didn't matter" and "If calories didn't matter". I've always wanted to try those, but can't bring myself to spend 5$ a pint!

Ditto. Maybe when the husband and kids are out of the house for a week this summer I'll treat myself and have one for lunch/dinner :tongue:

I usually buy Ben & Jerry's when my husband is out of town, LOL!

Also a very good option! @quiksylver296 recommends The Tonight Dough highly. I owe it to her to give her a try!

I have tonight dough in my freezer. picked it up on sale. 350cal for half a cup though urgh. i haven't been able to eat it yet. maybe it'll get freezer burn and save me the cals.

If not i may have it on my bday.

Ouch. Birthday it is!

especially as I am a big time volume eater. I have a very very hard time even now wrapping my mind around being satisfied by small portions. a big part of me feels half a cup is not even worth eating.

we shall see, i may eat a cup and toss the rest. or i may just toss it. I actually have a birthday cake (sorta cake) I plan to make for my actual bday.

:sad:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

If this is directed at me, I was in no way meaning to criticize anyone's choices. I really hope it wasn't taken that way!

I don't think anyone thought that! :)
  • RelCanonical
    Options

Not you at all!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have zero issues spending $5-10 for what i really want once in awhile (a few times a year).

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg
    Those are a combination of "If money didn't matter" and "If calories didn't matter". I've always wanted to try those, but can't bring myself to spend 5$ a pint!

Ditto. Maybe when the husband and kids are out of the house for a week this summer I'll treat myself and have one for lunch/dinner :tongue:

Also a very good option! @quiksylver296 recommends The Tonight Dough highly. I owe it to her to give her a try!

I have tonight dough in my freezer. picked it up on sale. 350cal for half a cup though urgh. i haven't been able to eat it yet. maybe it'll get freezer burn and save me the cals.

I should "woo" you and flag you for "abuse" for suggesting ruining such a beautiful thing. :astonished:
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Ouch. Birthday it is!

especially as I am a big time volume eater. I have a very very hard time even now wrapping my mind around being satisfied by small portions. a big part of me feels half a cup is not even worth eating.

we shall see, i may eat a cup and toss the rest. or i may just toss it. I actually have a birthday cake (sorta cake) I plan to make for my actual bday.

nutmegoreo wrote: »

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

I should "woo" you and flag you for "abuse" for suggesting ruining such a beautiful thing. :astonished:

haha yeah we shall see. maybe i can stick to 1 cup then put the rest back in freezer and see how it goes. But that is soooo many calories.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Ouch. Birthday it is!

source.gif
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Ouch. Birthday it is!

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

haha yeah we shall see. maybe i can stick to 1 cup then put the rest back in freezer and see how it goes. But that is soooo many calories.

Yep! And I just go for it!

I only buy 3-4 pints a year.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Ouch. Birthday it is!

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Good luck. I ate the whole pint, which is why I've never brought more home.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options

I really came here to say these are dangerous. Like accidentally eat half the box while watching TV dangerous

lkfijils1ntx.jpg

I just saw those for the first time on Friday and was strongly tempted to get a box. I dearly love churros but thankfully don't encounter them too often.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Ouch. Birthday it is!

source.gif

Gif thief!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

lkfijils1ntx.jpg

I have a box of these in my cereal bag (I have a chocolate bag and a crackers bag too). I think they're after the Peeps cereal which *should* have been after the Trader Joe's Cocoa something or another that's like cocoa puffs but soooooooo not but I opened anyway.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

(Whimper)

vq31ip3aokcb.jpeg

Ouch. Birthday it is!

Get a tiny spoon, like baby food tiny. Now that half cup will feel huge!