If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Calories (from the internet):

Glazed Donut: 192 (+ is usually eaten without further condiments)
    Plain Bagel: 245 (+ is usually eaten with butter, cream cheese, or smoked salmon)

FWIW, bagels are a calorie-inefficient bread choice.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »

Plain Bagel: 245 (+ is usually eaten with butter, cream cheese, or smoked salmon)

I could make that fit in my day easy... Mmmmmmm!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Livhere wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Seeing those pastries made me think a bagel sounds really delicious right about now 🤤 if you go in the afternoon sometimes the lady will always throw in a few for free since the shop closes around that time & they don't want to throw them out or let them go stale. Sometimes they're just half off, but just so delicious you can't help but get more than one.

Those closing time bagels are one of life's great joys! Toast that bugger and you're good to go.

Remember those bagels I was telling you about? We went there today before the lunch rush & I got a bagel & a berry danish. I wanted to get a box of donuts, but knew it would be a bad idea lol
    b2ha1vd77pxm.jpg
    xtdupbbo547u.jpg
    nwsmks23zk3c.jpg

That looks amazing :heart: .
    I remember back in my younger days I used to get bologna and American cheese on a bagel for lunch once a week and wash it down with a Coke, it's good to be young and active!

If you have a place that has both good bagels AND good danishes, you dear friend have hit the jackpot. Very few places can do both well, either they do good pastries and have meh bagels or vice versa. Count your blessings :smiley:
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Seeing those pastries made me think a bagel sounds really delicious right about now 🤤 if you go in the afternoon sometimes the lady will always throw in a few for free since the shop closes around that time & they don't want to throw them out or let them go stale. Sometimes they're just half off, but just so delicious you can't help but get more than one.

Those closing time bagels are one of life's great joys! Toast that bugger and you're good to go.

Remember those bagels I was telling you about? We went there today before the lunch rush & I got a bagel & a berry danish. I wanted to get a box of donuts, but knew it would be a bad idea lol
    b2ha1vd77pxm.jpg
    xtdupbbo547u.jpg
    nwsmks23zk3c.jpg

DANISH!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There's more to life than being calorie-efficient.
    And a good NY bagel will be closer to 400 calories, plus a metric ton of cream cheese. And worth every gloriously inefficient calorie. :smile:

Man! Now I want bagels. :p

36z6073ifo90.jpg

Love a bagel with cream cheese. Not an everyday food, but certainly a good once in a while treat.

Agreed!
  • puffbrat
    Options

There's more to life than being calorie-efficient.
    And a good NY bagel will be closer to 400 calories, plus a metric ton of cream cheese. And worth every gloriously inefficient calorie. :smile:

Man! Now I want bagels. :p

36z6073ifo90.jpg

I have bagels :P We bought a baker's dozen on Saturday. Soooo tasty!
  • puffbrat
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »

A 190 calorie glazed donut (using Krispy Kreme as example) is only 49 grams by weight. A 245 calorie bagel is 98 grams. So it's 2 doughnuts per 1 bagel. Which really means per hundred grams, donuts are 390 calories vs 250 calories per bagels. So not really more calorie efficient. Not to mention bagels have protein and fiber. The "other things you add to it" also have additional macro and micro nutrients that can make having a bagel a complete meal. Hard to imagine one small glazed donut is going to be a complete meal for anyone.

But anywhooo... That's not really the point of this thread. On this thread, we can have BOTH bagels and donuts, AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe you can fill you bagel with a donut.

Oooh a dogel or a banut!
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »

A 190 calorie glazed donut (using Krispy Kreme as example) is only 49 grams by weight. A 245 calorie bagel is 98 grams. So it's 2 doughnuts per 1 bagel. Which really means per hundred grams, donuts are 390 calories vs 250 calories per bagels. So not really more calorie efficient. Not to mention bagels have protein and fiber. The "other things you add to it" also have additional macro and micro nutrients that can make having a bagel a complete meal. Hard to imagine one small glazed donut is going to be a complete meal for anyone.

But anywhooo... That's not really the point of this thread. On this thread, we can have BOTH bagels and donuts, AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe you can fill you bagel with a donut.

Oooh a dogel or a banut!

They sell cronuts there too, but they go by really fast, so you'd be lucky to get one & that's if there's any left by 10am.