If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Livhere wrote: »
    They're definitely a hidden gem here. The bagels are great, the donuts are awesome, & the danishes are amazing. I think they only offer 3 bagels though, but I'm honestly not too sure as I've never gone in when they open. I'm pretty sure they open at 5am. They didn't have bologna and cheese sandwich bagels, but I did see some with turkey & cheese ones on top. I got just a plain one with cream cheese. We also got some other bagels from the deli for us to eat another day. I got the Hawaiian bagels, some herb and cheese ones (they taste like pizza), & some salsa bagels.

Well, those are not traditional bagels, but I'll allow it :wink: Are they like bagels with salsa baked into it? And is the Hawaiian ham & pineapple?
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Calories (from the internet):

Glazed Donut: 192 (+ is usually eaten without further condiments)
    Plain Bagel: 245 (+ is usually eaten with butter, cream cheese, or smoked salmon)

FWIW, bagels are a calorie-inefficient bread choice.

A 190 calorie glazed donut (using Krispy Kreme as example) is only 49 grams by weight. A 245 calorie bagel is 98 grams. So it's 2 doughnuts per 1 bagel. Which really means per hundred grams, donuts are 390 calories vs 250 calories per bagels. So not really more calorie efficient. Not to mention bagels have protein and fiber. The "other things you add to it" also have additional macro and micro nutrients that can make having a bagel a complete meal. Hard to imagine one small glazed donut is going to be a complete meal for anyone.

But anywhooo... That's not really the point of this thread. On this thread, we can have BOTH bagels and donuts, AT THE SAME TIME. Maybe you can fill you bagel with a donut.

Oooh a dogel or a banut!

They sell cronuts there too, but they go by really fast, so you'd be lucky to get one & that's if there's any left by 10am.

kecz3te146p3.jpg
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    They're definitely a hidden gem here. The bagels are great, the donuts are awesome, & the danishes are amazing. I think they only offer 3 bagels though, but I'm honestly not too sure as I've never gone in when they open. I'm pretty sure they open at 5am. They didn't have bologna and cheese sandwich bagels, but I did see some with turkey & cheese ones on top. I got just a plain one with cream cheese. We also got some other bagels from the deli for us to eat another day. I got the Hawaiian bagels, some herb and cheese ones (they taste like pizza), & some salsa bagels.

Well, those are not traditional bagels, but I'll allow it :wink: Are they like bagels with salsa baked into it? And is the Hawaiian ham & pineapple?

The deli we went to is in a grocery store & they sell about 10 or 11 different kinds of bagels. The donuts aren't too great there, but the bagels are really good. The Hawaiian bagels taste like those really soft Hawaiian rolls from the supermarket that come in the orange package. They're pretty sweet & yes, the salsa bagels have the salsa baked into them. They have Asiago & cheese, sesame, salsa, Hawaiian, plain, strawberry, blueberry, everything bagels, onion, herb & cheese, some ones with raisins, and a few other ones. I haven't looked at them all.
  • pancakerunner
    Islands' cheddar fries. They closed down the one in our town, so I don't think I've had them in nearly a decade. But I still dream about them.

ypgccx5u33b5.png

YES PLEASE
  • pancakerunner
    Okay, honest question: has anyne ever heard of or tried a Shoofly pie?? I am intrigued.

l180w93igoag.jpg

• duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Right now all I want is a greasy double burger with bacon, cheddar, avocado, and mayo on a toasted bun.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Okay, honest question: has anyne ever heard of or tried a Shoofly pie?? I am intrigued.

l180w93igoag.jpg

I never have but my hubz would be all over it since he loves molasses. His birthday is coming up, maybe I will make him one.
  • pancakerunner
    edited September 2019
    djpim4ldzeb9.png
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

l180w93igoag.jpg

I've heard of it but never tried it.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member

l180w93igoag.jpg

Yes, have seen them, and seen people eat and like them. They look a little like a pecan pie(darker) without the pecans. The ones I have seen didn’t have a top crust.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    duskyjewel wrote: »

l180w93igoag.jpg

I never have but my hubz would be all over it since he loves molasses. His birthday is coming up, maybe I will make him one.

YES, OMGOSH I LOVED IT! When I was a pre teen I tried it at a country music festival. Memories for days
    ...😋😋😋
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Dont know why but Taco Bell's fries supreme.

3c47db2ebe725a503541827961fb241c.jpg

Don't have these in US lol
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member

I just had Taco Bell for lunch. I sure didn’t see THAT on the menu! Yum!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

Only available in Canada? That's just pandering to the poutine crowd!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Nacho Fries are a limited time item in the US, they were available a couple of weeks ago but I think they are gone now. When they are in, you can indeed get them "supreme". This last time you could also get them with "steak" and Reaper sauce on them.

Best fast food cheese fries I've ever gotten though were Nathan's. Amazeballs.

27hn5yzbfm4o.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Nacho Fries are a limited time item in the US, they were available a couple of weeks ago but I think they are gone now. When they are in, you can indeed get them "supreme". This last time you could also get them with "steak" and Reaper sauce on them.

Best fast food cheese fries I've ever gotten though were Nathan's. Amazeballs.

27hn5yzbfm4o.jpg

Personal i love KFC's wedges... and Arby's fries lolll