If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    qw3x6zbqw41c.jpeg

Craving angel food cake with whipped cream and berries! Crepés would be okay too. I will be making one of these two this weekend!🍓
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    qw3x6zbqw41c.jpeg

Craving angel food cake with whipped cream and berries! Crepés would be okay too. I will be making one of these two this weekend!🍓

Can I have a slice or 3? Yum!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    uvna1m0gxdd0.jpeg
    Craving some panckes, eggs, and burnt maple breakfast sausages.
    5wx975l5h1hv.png
    2hrw0ddzkjvx.png

I'd like one plate with fluffy eggs with lots of salt n pepper and ketchup, one with lots of hot sauce, and one with maple syrup.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Also these...

sb6o0y6girq8.png
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »

Not a lot of calories in grilled whole fish though, you could fit that in. I've never tried conch.. Im not even sure what it is

😁 King prawns and seafood sauce though mmmm 🤤

Conch.. first time had it when I went to bahamas.

a8t2tg56zzcf.jpg

xs5c9971q75d.jpg

X10 bigger than escargot.

:noway: ok, I'll pass 🤢 lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    The whole pie .

feqbh9lsl3s8.jpg

You brought back my pizza craving. :D

a24kfcozmqdy.png
    fb0mr4rrvjg5.png

4hhiezkzpoat.png
    x6h00n51cdnj.png
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Not a lot of calories in grilled whole fish though, you could fit that in. I've never tried conch.. Im not even sure what it is

a8t2tg56zzcf.jpg

xs5c9971q75d.jpg

It's funny how we react to different foods. For some reason, the shellfish called conch gets you green around the gills, but this shellfish makes you salivate.

o31cg5fy438n.png

I hope nobody tells you what goes into sausages.....
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Well yes we all have different tastes but I have several disagree on my posts... lol ok more for me 😂 Idk who could not like some of mine but then again anything with meat, pizza or animal is noooo for me.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

a8t2tg56zzcf.jpg

xs5c9971q75d.jpg

It's funny how we react to different foods. For some reason, the shellfish called conch gets you green around the gills, but this shellfish makes you salivate.

o31cg5fy438n.png

That conch looks like an alien slug is in there 😄
    And no, that prawn doesn't make me salivate, but these do 😍
    xzdit38es679.jpg
    f688e1dgxs9n.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    When I was in grad school, I had a friend who had a family farm that raised wheat and barley. I was a vegetarian at that time. He told me about how many rabbits he would see going flying up past the front window on the combine during harvest. It made me realize we impact animals in a very personal way even if we don't eat their flesh.

I still have a hard time eating domestic fowl mostly because of how they're raised and how they're slaughtered. I probably should avoid several other things for the same reason. In fact, the reason I don't like to eat shrimp or prawns is because of the way they are farmed and/or harvested. The exception is Oregon pink shrimp because it's a very sustainable fishery. Same with squid. And locally at least, Dunegeness crab. My fish monger sometimes can get wild prawns from BC that I think are sustainably harvested.

But sure do want a big bowl of ceviche.

I was reticent to eat the conch because of over harvesting when I was in Honduras, but eventually decided I could try it. Pretty tasty. I learned that they have a relatively sustainable shrimp fishery, so I'd just get the fish/shrimp/conch combo, and it was SO good.

And as several have pointed out, many of these things aren't that high in calories on their own. A two-pound whole crab is only about 250 calories. I can hardly eat more than one at a time. Some folks pollute them with drawn butter. I'd rather taste the crab, but that butter sure could add to the calories. Dungeness season is coming! Delayed again as was the case the last several years, but.....
    b6xzsofbq67e.png

• slimgirljo15
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Well yes we all have different tastes but I have several disagree on my posts... lol ok more for me 😂 Idk who could not like some of mine but then again anything with meat, pizza or animal is noooo for me.

A lot of my disagrees are from in here 😂

The title says "I would eat" so I don't really get it... I've seen some delicious food in here though and some not ... Just putting it out there, not one disagree is mine 😜😁
  • mtaratoot
    Options

a8t2tg56zzcf.jpg

xs5c9971q75d.jpg

o31cg5fy438n.png

That conch looks like an alien slug is in there 😄
    And no, that prawn doesn't make me salivate, but these do 😍
    xzdit38es679.jpg
    f688e1dgxs9n.jpg

Well, they ARE monovalve molluscs. Kind of like snails. I've had snails. They tasted like garlic butter....

If you ever have the chance to try some fresh conch ceviche, don't think about that picture and give it a try. Or not. I bet you love it. Abalone are also monovalve molluscs. I haven't eaten one, but I am sure I'd like it. Their populations are falling, so I will probably never have one. I've seen them when diving. I leave 'em alone.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    The whole bag is only 6.5 servings.....
    ij35cee8jdi8.png
  • corinasue1143
    edited November 2020
    Options
    The whole bag is only 6.5 servings.....
    ij35cee8jdi8.png

That’s the first thing I’ve ever seen you post that I would disagree with. Usually your pictures and descriptions just make me drool. But that ones a definite yuk!
    Lol
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @corinasue1143

I'm touched!

Stay tuned. There might be something tastier coming right up. I'm actually a little surprised I like those evil little crunchy things. They certainly aren't Cheetos. Those aren't so good.

So is this:
    88rdlbzdavsj.png

• slimgirljo15
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @corinasue1143

I'm touched!

Stay tuned. There might be something tastier coming right up. I'm actually a little surprised I like those evil little crunchy things. They certainly aren't Cheetos. Those aren't so good.

So is this:
    88rdlbzdavsj.png

I'll have some of those cheese crunchies, washed down with some beer 😃😛
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    C'mon over.

And bring some conch ceviche :wink:
  • corinasue1143
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Ok maybe I need to try them. They just looked like Cheetos. I should have known you wouldn’t be crazy about Cheetos.
  • mtaratoot
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @corinasue1143

Do yourself a favor. Don't try them. That was my problem. I tried them. Just walk away from that aisle.

You're welcome.

These, on the other hand, are awful. Total waste of a potato chip:
    gzdn5gt7c0sa.png
  • mtaratoot
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Or skip the corn part and just go straight to....
    ids4tp8m38xp.png

with a side of
    8hr5z9fch5t8.png